[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2010, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, WOH
I joined AAdvantage this evening with the hope that I'll receive an e-mail for this offer.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 8:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Gold, AA Gold
I got a totally different offer-- 40K after $750 in purchases plus a companion certificate (for use with any economy fare $299 and above) and 2 Admiral's Club passes.

Would it be possible for each of these offers to be tied to your individual AA number?
Old Jul 29, 2010, 8:48 pm

I did not receive an email offer, but decided to apply anyway. I currently have a pers CitiAA AMEX and CitiAA Biz card. I applied using the 75k link. I didn't get instant approval, instead "We have received your application and further processing is required at this time. We will contact you within a week via email regarding our decision. Thank you for requesting a Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® Visa Signature® Card"

I will let you know...
Old Jul 29, 2010, 8:49 pm

I have the Visa & Amex and just applied for the Biz account.. Will report back if I get approved and what the offer is.. I used the 50/50 link that was posted in post 69.

Citi did tell my once before though that if you have the Visa & MC w them you can NOT get the business account as well, true or no?
Old Jul 29, 2010, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by DCfree
Yes, thank you for the posts. I don't know what good it will do us uninvited however, given that nothing about 75,000 miles appears at the links.
In the past (when churning was allowed), I always clicked through a link found on FT and the Citi pages I went to rarely showed the number of miles I would get. I always received what the FTer who posted the link said it was for.

I don't think I've ever had the AA Visa so I'll have to grab one. Just trying to decide between the two offers and then hope for the best.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 8:57 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
Originally Posted by airshadow
I did not receive an email offer, but decided to apply anyway. I currently have a pers CitiAA AMEX and CitiAA Biz card. I applied using the 75k link. I didn't get instant approval, instead "We have received your application and further processing is required at this time. We will contact you within a week via email regarding our decision. Thank you for requesting a Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® Visa Signature® Card"

I will let you know...
if you wouldn't mind doing it, maybe you could call them up to check the status of your application + find out what bonus they're offering you?
Old Jul 29, 2010, 9:07 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, DL, AA
I applied for the Personal Visa (I have the MC and Amex) 50k+50K offer posted earlier and got a message that the app was received and I will receive an email from them within the week.
I called the number to check Citi application status 1888-201-4523, and it said they couldnt approve my application at this time and I will be receiving a letter from them with more info.
Does anyone have a number to call and discuss to see if maybe moving CL from other cards would help get the application approved?
Old Jul 29, 2010, 9:13 pm

Programs: NW Silver, CO Silver,SPG Gold, USMint Presidential, Chase/BA 100k, Airtran Wendy's cups
mine could have been better

As a cardmember, you’ll benefit from:

* 30,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after $750 in purchases within the first 4 months of cardmembership1 — more than enough for a round-trip domestic flight award2
* $85 annual fee ($75 for the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Visa® card) waived for the first 12 months of cardmembership*
* Earn one AAdvantage® mile for every dollar spent on purchases3
* No blackout dates on award travel on American Airlines, American Eagle and the AmericanConnection® carrier4
* AAdvantage® miles may never expire5
Old Jul 29, 2010, 9:16 pm

Programs: AS GOLD
Thanks

Thank you for posting the link. Was able to click on the link and apply. Got instantly approved. Hopefully that's the 75k offer. I will call CitiCard tomorrow to check.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Seems that AA is getting bit desperate selling miles. We can expect some devaluations in near future.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 9:25 pm

Programs: The Golden status boy
Just got the 100k offer in my email. I have NO shot at being approved because my credit is only in the high 600's. (Got to love decisions in college) So, if I got it, surely some of you other guys will be blessed as well. It says my FF# on the email, so it must be linked with AAdvantage more than anything else.

Link removed. Sorry guys

Last edited by spankytoes; Jul 29, 2010 at 9:35 pm
Old Jul 29, 2010, 9:26 pm

Programs: BA silver, Hyatt PLT, AA EXP, US silver, ICH RA, CO PLT
Originally Posted by SESTAR
Thank you for posting the link. Was able to click on the link and apply. Got instantly approved. Hopefully that's the 75k offer. I will call CitiCard tomorrow to check.
Please report back!
Old Jul 29, 2010, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by spankytoes
Just got the 100k offer in my email. I have NO shot at being approved because my credit is only in the high 600's. (Got to love decisions in college) So, if I got it, surely some of you other guys will be blessed as well. It says my FF# on the email, so it must be linked with AAdvantage more than anything else.
Thanks for posting that link, but you should edit this post and remove the link. When you click on the link, the resulting page has your name and Aadvantage number.

Last edited by daes03; Jul 29, 2010 at 9:33 pm Reason: Clarification.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 9:31 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
[QUOTE=spankytoes;14390219]Just got the 100k offer in my email. I have NO shot at being approved because my credit is only in the high 600's. (Got to love decisions in college) So, if I got it, surely some of you other guys will be blessed as well. It says my FF# on the email, so it must be linked with AAdvantage more than anything else.

Thanks for posting the link to the webpage. That may answer some of folks' questions. Would love to see the webpage for the 75000 mile offer, if anyone has it.

Last edited by onthego15; Jul 29, 2010 at 9:50 pm Reason: security
Old Jul 29, 2010, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA Gold (1MM), SPG Gold, HHonors Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Wow...first 30k SPG and now this? Solid summer of CC signup deals.

Has anyone posted the end date on the 75k link? I saw 10/31, but I believe that was for the 50k / 100k offer. I think I'll probably have too many inquiries until about the end of September, so I should probably hold off until then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.