Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5 x usual HON miles for Lufthansa Private Jet

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2010, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

5 x usual HON miles for Lufthansa Private Jet

Lufthansa Private Jet is offering a five-week special, from May 1 to June 6, where each passenger will earn 50,000 miles (counts for status and HON Circle miles) per flight instead of the usual 10,000.

They are also offering a five percent discount on private jet flights booked from March 1 on routes beyond Germany’s borders.

So, 12 short hops by private jet would net 600,000 miles (and most importantly, HON Circle status). While that is obviously going to cost more than to earn 600,000 miles flying LH commercial, if it is indeed correct that each passenger earns miles then the cost could be shared between 4 passengers on the Cessna Citation CJ1+ (netting a total of 2.4 million miles and HON for 4).

It might be a world first - mileage running by private jet!
Old Mar 11, 2010, 11:22 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by ntddevsys
Lufthansa Private Jet is offering a five-week special, from May 1 to June 6, where each passenger will earn 50,000 miles (counts for status and HON Circle miles) per flight instead of the usual 10,000.

They are also offering a five percent discount on private jet flights booked from March 1 on routes beyond Germany’s borders.

So, 12 short hops by private jet would net 600,000 miles (and most importantly, HON Circle status). While that is obviously going to cost more than to earn 600,000 miles flying LH commercial, if it is indeed correct that each passenger earns miles then the cost could be shared between 4 passengers on the Cessna Citation CJ1+ (netting a total of 2.4 million miles and HON for 4).

that's too good to be true. my guess is that you will get 10.000 status and award miles as usual per leg and 40.000 award miles on top as the anniversary bonus. moreover i guess there will be a limitation of legs for that promotion (probably max 4 or 6 legs)
LH/M&M won't make it possible to become HON that easy!
Old Mar 12, 2010, 12:56 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

LH has a history of charging for each additional passenger on these retained private jets and of having ordinarily a maximum number of passengers on a given flight who can earn miles from the flight. Given the charges are based on distance, this could be a reasonably good deal for add-on passengers on some of the shorter distance charters within Europe.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 4:46 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum

So how much money would we be talking about?
Old Mar 12, 2010, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
can't be that much right.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 7:14 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
can this be right?

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
looking at http://www.lufthansa-private-jet.com/main.html :
a return flight within 24 hrs between Germany and Switzerland in a small aircraft would cost 11'730€
A Cessna Citation CJ3 has 6 seats (not clear if one is blocked for the FA?)

6 return flights (DE-CH) - 70'830€
Assuming 6 pax per flight - 11'730€ per pax to achieve HONdom (<0.02€/mile)

questions are:
are the extra 40'000 miles really HON or pure award?
Is there a fuel surcharge on the base price on the website?
can 6 fly or crew needs one of the seats?
would all 6 pax earn the miles, or is there a max number that could?

looks interesting

GBM
Old Mar 12, 2010, 7:19 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The promotion is truly 50 000 bonus, status and HON circle miles. SEN will require a roundtrip, HON a few more trips.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 7:45 am

Programs: LH SEN, EK Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold
Is anybody seriously considering chartering one of these jets? I might be short of 40k miles to reach SEN this year, so I have to say this is really tempting. If any of you had a spare seat I would be willing to contribute to the costs haha..
Old Mar 12, 2010, 7:50 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

The friends over at VFT already have concrete plans and first estimates from LPJ:
http://www.vielfliegertreff.de/marke...n-hon-run.html

Not an option for me as I have requalified for SEN and HON is not worth that kind of money.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 8:11 am

Sorry just realised the link I posted is for VFT members only. Here is the general discussion.

http://www.vielfliegertreff.de/miles...ivate-jet.html
Old Mar 12, 2010, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
If I´m not mistaken, each passenger gets 50k award/status/HON miles for EACH segment, right?

So why not do something like FRA-CGN-DUS-FMO-BRE-HAM-TXL-LEJ-DRS-NUE-MUC-STR-FRA (should be possible in one day)

Even if LH charged 15000€ for that roundtrip, that would be 2500€ for 600k miles = HON status.
If this is indeed possible, anyone interested?
Old Mar 12, 2010, 8:49 am

Programs: LH SEN, EK Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Sorry just realised the link I posted is for VFT members only. Here is the general discussion.

http://www.vielfliegertreff.de/miles...ivate-jet.html
Thanks a lot for the link. I registered on the site, and took part in the pretty long discussion. I'm amazed what people are willing to do to become HONs, but I find it very entertaining at the same time. I really hope it all works out.

Best from Warschau,

Bartek
Old Mar 12, 2010, 9:04 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
Maybe not entirely a word first. AA used to give AAdvantage miles for purchases at the FBO's they ran. I made my first 2mm miles with them buying jet fuel for our fleet at their FBO's.

Delta Air Elite gives Medallion status with purchase of their charter cards. http://www.airelite.com/fleetmembershipbenefits.aspx

I imagine there are others also. Sounds like a good way to get miles and very convenient also, just must pay for the charter. Filling up a CJ1 can make it relatively affordable but not very comfortable.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 9:15 am

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
Originally Posted by bbbflight
Thanks a lot for the link. I registered on the site, and took part in the pretty long discussion. I'm amazed what people are willing to do to become HONs, but I find it very entertaining at the same time. I really hope it all works out.

Best from Warschau,

Bartek
My assistant was on the phone with them today as we have an event coming up in south of france and need to move many people from MUC there to a small airport. Wanted to get an offer and perhaps use them again, absolutly incentivised by the promotion
Their second question was whether this is a joyride for miles, which my assistant did not understand.
So I wonder whether they pull this promo or not.

Last edited by mamb0; Mar 12, 2010 at 11:10 am
Old Mar 12, 2010, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Looks like a desperate attempt to me to resuscitate the Private Jets program at the cost of their loyalty program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.