Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5 x usual HON miles for Lufthansa Private Jet

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2010, 7:54 pm

Programs: LH, SPG
Originally Posted by Fear of coach
Which number did you call, the German or the US one?
The German number.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 8:22 pm

Programs: LH M&L, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by martona
The German number.
Then I would suggest to call again later during German office hours in order to make sure, that you really talk to somebody from LPJ. During off hours, you may get diverted to one of the 'normal' call centers, which are reportedly - well - not always 'the distinct source of truth'.

At least on Monday, I still got a written confirmation from LPJ, that the additional miles count as status- and HON-miles as well. Also today, there were apparently multiple sources confirming that. If you can read German, please check the according thread on VFT for this.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 11:34 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
While I have some remote understanding that it might be a useful boost for some of us, I don't find the assessment that the idea is crazy insulting.

Padding you mileage balance if you fly often is one thing but 'buying HON' while wasting time for a status which you then only need to look at the card is by every definition of the term 'crazy'.

Last edited by totti; Mar 21, 2010 at 1:59 pm Reason: edited quote
Old Mar 17, 2010, 2:14 am

Programs: M&M Senator, Flying Blue Platinum
We have a new group ex-ZRH.

2x HON Run
1x SEN Run

We are looking for 3 additional people. Please PM me.

Best regards,

JohnDP
Old Mar 17, 2010, 2:16 am

Programs: EK Platinum - SPG Platinum
I am HON and the only advise I can give is: go for it if.
HON it’s the best status you can have nowadays among all the worldwide airlines.

I will easily retain my HON status otherwise I would go for this outstanding promotion.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 2:36 am

Programs: LH/LX, KLM/AF
HON run

Hi.

so, i've been following this discussion here and on VFT, the german site, and I recall reading in some posts that there is a limit to 6 or 8 LPJ segments MAX being creditable towards the HON status! (as per LHPJ promotion rules) ...so a HON run is only possible if you already have >200'000 HON miles in your account already (or will get those sometime over the next 20 months). but you can NOT get a full HON status from this promotion solely.

is this correct? or are some people actually going to do HON runs for all 600k HON miles?

thanks for clarifying!

Last edited by tobir; Mar 17, 2010 at 2:48 am
Old Mar 17, 2010, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by tobir
Hi.

so, i've been following this discussion here and on VFT, the german site, and I recall reading in some posts that there is a limit to 6 or 8 LPJ segments MAX being creditable towards the HON status! (as per LHPJ promotion rules) ...so a HON run is only possible if you already have >200'000 HON miles in your account already (or will get those sometime over the next 20 months). but you can NOT get a full HON status from this promotion solely.

is this correct? or are some people actually going to do HON runs for all 600k HON miles?

thanks for clarifying!
there is no limitation that I know of. Of course one of the many callers to LHPJ heard the operator saying its not ok, but then again there are many who heard that the 50'000 miles applies only to award miles, which is incorrect.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JohnDP
there is no limitation that I know of. Of course one of the many callers to LHPJ heard the operator saying its not ok, but then again there are many who heard that the 50'000 miles applies only to award miles, which is incorrect.
I would suggest being very careful to get in writing that there are HON miles involved and the exact number- it would be a shame to spend 12K EUR to find out you have award miles.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 5:09 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by totti
I agree with you, Flysurfer and andre that there is a risk of devaluation of status. But do you really think that this few people who are willing to spend 15k EUR just the get a shiny black card will cause any changes to the HON program? IMHO such a HON run is just crazy ...
You are absolutely right, totti. ^

Such a run is just <self censored>, as an offer and as a participant.

When I read, who all is hunting for it, same people who before always told how useless this is and how stupid the HONs are flying LH and not the other so much better airlines and so on and so on. This apparentness of all these people (here and in VFT) tells me a lot about how they are structured.

However, I tend to believe, that the 50K per leg will be award miles only at the end and only the usual 10K HON miles will be credited per leg. This is , how I still read this offer by the way. The rest is interpretation and probably missinformation from LHPJ. They will disappear from the market sooner or later anyway. So why should they care about their current promises?

So the outcome will probably be, that all those people will complain like crazy and even more about LH. Stupid enough to join into such IMHO.

Last edited by totti; Mar 21, 2010 at 1:59 pm Reason: edited quote
Old Mar 17, 2010, 6:17 am

Programs: LH/LX, KLM/AF
I think it was posted somewhere in the VFT already, but here it says (in german) that the miles count towards status miles, as well as towards HON...just FYI...

[i know it's just a mail by someone at LPJ and NOT contractual, but it's something...]

---------------------------------------

Sehr geehrter Herr XXX,

Im Rahmen unseres Jubilaeums-Special erhält jeder Fluggast insgesamt 52.500 Meilen pro Flugstrecke. (Unseren Executive Bonus von 25% (2.500 Meilen) erhält jeder Fluggast mit FTL-, SEN- und HON- Status nur auf die ersten 10.000 Meilen.)

Diese Meilen werden als Praemien-, Status- und HON-Meilen auf das Miles & More Konto gutgeschrieben.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Last edited by totti; Mar 22, 2010 at 3:08 am Reason: deleted personal information
Old Mar 17, 2010, 6:55 am

I cannot send any PM's anymore. Please send me a PM again with your email contact, I will get back to you immediately.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 7:01 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
Such a run is just <self censored>, as an offer and as a participant.
Why? I probably agree with you that the offer is crazy, and see why you are not happy with it. However, for some people, it may make perfect, rational sense to use this. Not sure why you blame participants for responding to incentives?
Old Mar 17, 2010, 8:33 am

Programs: LH HON
For those who are interested in this offer as a method for getting HON miles, I just got off the phone with the LHPJ (Germany). She stated that yes, you get 50,000 HON miles per flight. She added that they are 'drowning' in calls about this issue, but she was very friendly just the same.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by Diobear
She added that they are 'drowning' in calls about this issue, but she was very friendly just the same.
Well, so much about "only 60 or so HONs will be created". It will be a deluge! I forwarded the info on the offer to four of my buddies (all non-FT), and all of them want to do a HON run now!

Great job, Lufthansa! Great job, Mr. Antinori! I already see the new Harvard case study: "How to kill a great incentive scheme in one promo."
Old Mar 17, 2010, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by Diobear
For those who are interested in this offer as a method for getting HON miles, I just got off the phone with the LHPJ (Germany). She stated that yes, you get 50,000 HON miles per flight. She added that they are 'drowning' in calls about this issue, but she was very friendly just the same.
It's also quite clearly stated on their press realease:
http://www.lufthansa.com/mediapool/p...dia_797317.pdf
During the five jubilee weeks, each passenger will earn 50,000 --
instead of 10,000 -- award miles per flight. These miles also count as Status and HON Circle miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.