Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5 x usual HON miles for Lufthansa Private Jet

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2010, 10:32 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
This is so stupid. They really don't know, what they are doing any more. But may upset many real and loyal HONs longterm due to the possible consequences...
Old Mar 12, 2010, 11:18 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
This reminds me of the UK status-matched SEN fiasco. It was before my time, I didn't have any status with any alliance at the time and wasn't targeted.

But as a UK-based SEN it makes me cringe every time someone mentions it in this forum. So I'm going to mention it before someone else does.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 12:00 pm

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
If I´m not mistaken, each passenger gets 50k award/status/HON miles for EACH segment, right?

So why not do something like FRA-CGN-DUS-FMO-BRE-HAM-TXL-LEJ-DRS-NUE-MUC-STR-FRA (should be possible in one day)

Even if LH charged 15000€ for that roundtrip, that would be 2500€ for 600k miles = HON status.
If this is indeed possible, anyone interested?
yes.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 1:37 pm

Programs: If I don´t have it, I don´t need it!
If I´m not mistaken, each passenger gets 50k award/status/HON miles for EACH segment, right?

So why not do something like FRA-CGN-DUS-FMO-BRE-HAM-TXL-LEJ-DRS-NUE-MUC-STR-FRA (should be possible in one day)

Even if LH charged 15000€ for that roundtrip, that would be 2500€ for 600k miles = HON status.
If this is indeed possible, anyone interested?
Nope. Only cross-border segments will get 50k. Intra-German segments will only credit 10k.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 2:31 pm

Programs: LH SEN, EK Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by silversurfer
Nope. Only cross-border segments will get 50k. Intra-German segments will only credit 10k.
Secondly, it is highly unlikely you would get that routing for 15k. It's more like 15k for every return journey per jet, of which you would have to take 6 to qualify. Oh and btw it's not like millions of new HONs will appear out of the blue. I doubt there are that many committed people to spend more than 10k Euro to achieve that status. In my case it's paying 1100 Euro to reach SEN, which is a bargain considering the 52.5k extra award miles, and two upgrade vouchers...
Old Mar 12, 2010, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by silversurfer
Thank´s for clarification.

That restriction surely limits the opportunities to find creative routings, nevertheless I guess it would be possible to double the amount of miles by flying AMS-FRA-ZRH-FRA-AMS (200k miles for <2500€, I would be surprised if AMS-ZRH was more than 15k €)
Old Mar 12, 2010, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
This is so stupid. They really don't know, what they are doing any more. But may upset many real and loyal HONs longterm due to the possible consequences...
i doubt that there will be many HON runner, who in his right mind will spend 10k+ on a weekend to get HON?! and even if, its mostly people from FT and/or VFT, so we are talking about a very limited group of people. what does is matter if there is maybe 10 more HONs due to this?!

i still agree, its stupid if they don't limit it in any way but doubt it will have consequences for any current HON...
Old Mar 12, 2010, 3:53 pm

Programs: LH SEN only nowadays, AF & AY basic. Radisson Blu fan :-)
interesting and tempting - on the other hand it seems super crazy just for that black card.... I am wondering how long LH will leave that offer up though!
Old Mar 12, 2010, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by pilatusguy
interesting and tempting - on the other hand it seems super crazy just for that black card.... I am wondering how long LH will leave that offer up though!
They just move the reconstruction to the next patient in this game: the HON Circle program as further down the road, LH management will 'detect' abuse of the program and will have to eliminate benefits because they were 'exploited' by customers.

While this sounds like cheap propaganda, it even works for a sizable portion of the frequent flyer community who blame the 'vultures' of lesser frequent flyers who cash in their not-so-hard-earned benefits.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 7:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Exclamation HON and/or SEN runs ex Zurich

Hi guys

We are planning to do some SEN and HON runs ex ZURICH @:-)

The first two flights are likely to be on Sunday 09.05.2010.

If anyone wants to join, please send me a PM.

Regards,
Zurich Flyer
Old Mar 12, 2010, 11:37 pm
Original Poster

As has been discussed, at least at present the bonus miles really are HON miles.

Originally Posted by jbcarioca
Maybe not entirely a word first. AA used to give AAdvantage miles for purchases at the FBO's they ran. I made my first 2mm miles with them buying jet fuel for our fleet at their FBO's.

Delta Air Elite gives Medallion status with purchase of their charter cards. [url]http://www.airelite.com/fleetmembershipbenefits.aspx[/url
These cannot be considered to be 'mileage running by private jet' - these are just other ways to earn miles while spending money on the ground. No flying needs to be involved. Though if someone has mileage ran (run?) on a private jet, I am sure they would be on this forum!
Originally Posted by jbcarioca
Filling up a CJ1 can make it relatively affordable but not very comfortable.
An excellent point. More comfortable than 600k in LH Y though...
Old Mar 13, 2010, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by GBM.flights
looking at http://www.lufthansa-private-jet.com/main.html :
a return flight within 24 hrs between Germany and Switzerland in a small aircraft would cost 11'730€
A Cessna Citation CJ3 has 6 seats (not clear if one is blocked for the FA?)

6 return flights (DE-CH) - 70'830€
Assuming 6 pax per flight - 11'730€ per pax to achieve HONdom (<0.02€/mile)

questions are:
are the extra 40'000 miles really HON or pure award?
Is there a fuel surcharge on the base price on the website?
can 6 fly or crew needs one of the seats?
would all 6 pax earn the miles, or is there a max number that could?

looks interesting

GBM
There is no FA on a CJ3!
Old Mar 13, 2010, 1:37 am

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Originally Posted by sentom
i doubt that there will be many HON runner, who in his right mind will spend 10k+ on a weekend to get HON?! and even if, its mostly people from FT and/or VFT, so we are talking about a very limited group of people. what does is matter if there is maybe 10 more HONs due to this?!

i still agree, its stupid if they don't limit it in any way but doubt it will have consequences for any current HON...
Hmm, I'm afraid that a whole new generation of "Cessna HONs™" (true "HON lite") is about to be born, and we're not talking about a "very limited" group of people!

LH has deliberately taken into account this. Otherwise they wouldn't have included HON miles in this offer. Including HON miles means that they explicitly count on the appeal of the "HON factor" in their marketing campaign, and good professionals should definitely take into account extreme scenarios, like getting to have 500-800 extra "Cessna HONs" due to this campaign, and who knows how many others who were 100K short, and didn't find it worthwhile money- and time-wise.

Heck, people were doing this with the good ol'e "HON RUN" for several wasted weekends and 25K EUR less in their bank accounts. Why not doing this for 1/3 of that money and much less time?
Old Mar 13, 2010, 1:41 am

If this is indeed possible, anyone interested? quote

Nope, you are exceeding the number of take-offs/ landings per crew and you are doing only internal GER flights, which gets you only 10 k.

Better FRA-SZG-ACH-LNZ-MUC-ZRH-STR-BRN-FRA
Old Mar 13, 2010, 1:51 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by weero
They just move the reconstruction to the next patient in this game: the HON Circle program as further down the road, LH management will 'detect' abuse of the program and will have to eliminate benefits because they were 'exploited' by customers.
I tend to believe that you are absolutely right. It doesn't matter how many extra HONs may come out of this, but LH will use it as an excuse to "enhance" the HON program and remove benefits.

I'm more sad to read (in VFT), that even existing HONs, some for a long period, totally lost their mind and jumped into this mileage generation BS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.