Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2015, 1:46 am

Say what?!

Originally Posted by BA/slw0s4c1
Fare by rule europe longhaul seat only non premium tactical application
Old Sep 1, 2015, 5:09 am
Suspended

Programs: Avios - M&M - Senator - FLYBLU
Originally Posted by nwa330
Must be one some crazy BF to get that strike low. I'll go back to the drawing board.
You have $. Wrong money - sorry. My is 223 eurs.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 5:23 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
That makes much more sense. I was wondering. Within 2 euros but difference maybe due to booking/issuance/credit card fee. As mentioned before, I am still hooked on the $ 143.50 RT pp I generously paid to EK for my JFK departure on June 17 2015.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Sep 1, 2015 at 5:49 am
Old Sep 1, 2015, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA, VS, TK, etc...
Sizable person cuts BOS-DXB fares to about $700 USD, ~$250 savings. Might be a better 3X, but haven't really checked too many. Still yq remaining.

Also ~$300 USD JFK-DXB-EWR cuts are possible using a C3 3x that can also work on BOS-DXB RT.

On BOS departure, you can stop in LHR on the way over with enough time for a meal at Duck and Waffle.

Last edited by Fleyem2thamoun; Sep 1, 2015 at 4:49 pm Reason: added price. Clarified. Less detail.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 6:23 pm

YYZ-HEL BF

I know it's been a number of pages, but I've been working this fare on ITA and while I can't find a FD that works (no big surprise since I'm new), I can rework the routing to get both a $16 CAD/round side trip to a number of different locations with 500m, and a subsequent rerouting that gives a fare with a generous EOE permitted.

Originally Posted by Smiley90
Fare 1: Carrier BA OKX7S3Z1 YTO to HEL (rules)
Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code O
Covers YYZ-HEL (Economy)

CA$57.00
Fare 2: Carrier BA OKX7S3Z1 HEL to YTO (rules)
Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code O
Covers HEL-YYZ (Economy)

CA$57.00

BA YQ surcharge (YQ)

CA$320.00

dat basefare... No EOE permitted, only side-trips though, but if anyone wants to fly to Europe on a 114CAD/88USD basefare, have at it. Same price for Finnair and IB-codes.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 7:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
RTW+ with Star Alliance € 256,12

1. Start in Miami and go to Asia via extreme North Pacific or North Pole.

2. Go from Asia to Europe with LH or LX and continue to Los Angeles.

€ 256,12 All-in.

30,267 miles or 21 % more than the Equatorial Circumference of the Earth which is 24,901 miles.

Start in Los Angeles and end in Los Angeles and save € 9.81 = € 246.31

In both cases: Bring a soft pillow.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer

€ 256,12 All-in.

30,267 miles or 21 % more than the Equatorial Circumference of the Earth which is 24,901 miles.

niiiiiice
Old Sep 1, 2015, 8:18 pm

I have to admire WWE in being so forthcoming, generous and prolific. At my age, the grey cells are diminishing at an accelerated rate and I hope to be able to actually fly a FD before I am put out to pasture. I'll keep plying the waters. I have found a 1x that I am able to use that actually lowers an early summer J fare YUL-EU by a few hundred USD and adds a "free" J fare in SEA. Perhaps there is hope for me yet.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 11:18 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National EE, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer

€ 256,12 All-in.

Crazy!! These kind of posts kinda make me give up trying. It feels as if those who know know, and those that dont just stay left out in the cold
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by Nat25
Crazy!! These kind of posts kinda make me give up trying. It feels as if those who know know, and those that dont just stay left out in the cold
some that work hard get it ultimately and enjoy these great deals. But the success rate is very small.
Most people are better off investing their time into a real job and with those earnings fly full fare.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA CO DL
Welcome to Flyertalk. Just relax, that post left me in the dust too, I just keep working on things that I can handle. I doubt anyone will even fly that route, like WWE said....you will need a big soft pillow.
If you keep up on your reading, keep an eye open for some clues, and do a little experimentation with what you absorb, you will start having some success.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by airboss
Welcome to Flyertalk. Just relax, that post left me in the dust too, I just keep working on things that I can handle. I doubt anyone will even fly that route, like WWE said....you will need a big soft pillow.
If you keep up on your reading, keep an eye open for some clues, and do a little experimentation with what you absorb, you will start having some success.
Thanks. But is there any way to at least slightly be pointed in the right direction? For example getting our hands on a part of the desert rose (from MP) FAQ or something?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 2:48 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Thanks. But is there any way to at least slightly be pointed in the right direction? For example getting our hands on a part of the desert rose (from MP) FAQ or something?
Asked and (sort of) answered many times. But if you know about Desert Rose, you've done at least some research
Old Sep 2, 2015, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by EmailKid
Asked and (sort of) answered many times. But if you know about Desert Rose, you've done at least some research
Ive been at this for a while now! In various forums. Where has it (kinda sorta) been answered? TIA

Last edited by Nat25; Sep 2, 2015 at 3:02 pm
Old Sep 2, 2015, 3:02 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Where has it (kinda sorta) been answered?
MP forum, but deleted years ago, that's why sorta kinda. Rumor has it that it's still somewhere on the internet, but who knows where.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.