Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:38 am
KRS

Originally Posted by joakgarp
Nightly rate at Marriott is 1650DKK. xxx is 1610DKK. Recieved a new respond from Marriott saying they still couldn't find the deal after I've given them three screenshots, one from xxx and one from xxx
Wrote a reply they should use VPN since the deal from xxx seems to only be able to the european or scandinavian market.
I guess they will not give up so I wrote them to compare the deal to xxx with 500usd, about 3400DK. A fellow FT messaged me about this, thank you
God job getting the LNF ^

It appears you are not aware, but there is an agreement not to post on Flyertalk which comparison sites are used for LNF so you may want to edit your post...
See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/5708371-post1.html
Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:21 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Originally Posted by KRS
God job getting the LNF ^

It appears you are not aware, but there is an agreement not to post on Flyertalk which comparison sites are used for LNF so you may want to edit your post...
See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/5708371-post1.html
Sorry was not aware. Have edited my posts.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 10:59 am

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
My claim was just denied because my reservation was refundable and rate from many other online booking sites were non-refundable...
I checked the "Rate Type Exclusions" before I submitted my claim and I thought it didn't mention that, but I guess I was wrong.
Anyway I think LNF is kinda silly
I just cancelled my reservation with Marriott and will book a different brand hotel this time.
What they could do instead was that they just honored my claim and just made it non-refundable.

Oh, well.. Marriott lost my business because of the LNF ironically.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 4:37 pm

just had a LNF rate approved for a 4 nights stay in Philly. turns out, they actually adjusted the rate incorrectly and didn't give me the 25% off! I replied saying "this rate seems too high, please confirm it includes the discount" and they responded with "sorry, you're right, we've adjusted."

honestly felt fishy to me. but I'm glad I got a rate approved!
Old Dec 18, 2016, 6:37 pm

Just got 2 nights LNF approved for the Renaissance New York 57 in March. The rate I was comparing to was a member rate but they approved on a rate that was still lower on the competing website.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 9:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Just had my second and last LNF over new years approved. Really happy about this. Thank you Marriott for your Brg-program.
Wish I had this information before last week when I made several attempts in vain so I write it here for others to see.
Advice for Europeans:
*The Lnf-department is placed in the US. Therefore not available to see European deals. They can't use vpns so make sure Americans can see what you can see with a vpn.
*Sometimes the deals are only available on your phone. Write it down in your claim. This was crucial for my last two Lnf-claims.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 5:20 pm

Grosvenor house JW Marriott London

Just had success with my first LNF attempt here. I booked a 3 night stay at the best available cancellable rate on Marriott.com and a few minutes later submitted a rate I found on a UK travel site with a cancellable rate actually lower than the refundable rates. Submitted both rates in £ s for the total stay and got a reply today. Saved £380 over the 3 night stay! I'm gold, so I'm looking forward to enjoying the executive lounge here.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 4:29 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Marriott Titanium, KF Gold
Just got my LNF approved for Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen’s Park.
From 5,031.68 THB down to 2,721.10 THB
Old Jan 11, 2017, 10:31 pm
LSL

Programs: SPG Plat
Just did a BRG for 7 nights at the Renaissance Hong Kong. The Marriott rate was 1st night: 2610 HKD, 2nd/3rd: 2250 HKD, 4th/5th: 1800 HKD, 6th/7th: 1620HKD.

The competing rate showed an average of 1635 HKD per night, but also listed the nightly rates of 1st night: 2260 HKD, 2nd/3rd: 1939 HKD, 4th 1737 HKD, 5th/6th/7th: 1190 HKD.

They reviewed my claim and modified my rate to 1226 HKD for all but the last two nights of my reservation.

Is that correct?

Thanks
Old Jan 12, 2017, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by LSL
Just did a BRG for 7 nights at the Renaissance Hong Kong. The Marriott rate was 1st night: 2610 HKD, 2nd/3rd: 2250 HKD, 4th/5th: 1800 HKD, 6th/7th: 1620HKD.

The competing rate showed an average of 1635 HKD per night, but also listed the nightly rates of 1st night: 2260 HKD, 2nd/3rd: 1939 HKD, 4th 1737 HKD, 5th/6th/7th: 1190 HKD.

They reviewed my claim and modified my rate to 1226 HKD for all but the last two nights of my reservation.

Is that correct?

Thanks
Your total should be $8583.75. If not email them back.

When you filed did you use the average 1635 or did you break it down by nightly rates? If you didn't then the Marriott rate for last 2 nights is lower than the 1635.

Email back and tell them the nightly rate was 1190 on competing site. If still there they should adjust accordingly.

Next time write explicit details in comment section. Good luck.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 5:52 am

Programs: MAR Titanium, HH Gold
Hi guys, I have a quick question on LNF:

One MR property is offering a good rate through its own website based on local language and we need to call the hotel directly. But this rate is not available on the MR official website (marriott.com)

The rate is named something like "XXXX Package" but this is just room-only and refundable.

After making a reservation with that rate by calling the hotel directly, I received an confirmation letter (official) with a ref number.

Is this rate eligible for LNF? I see this option in the claim form:
"Called a Marriott Brand hotel directly"

Thanks
Old Jan 15, 2017, 3:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Just had a great experience with LNF. Worked exactly as advertised with no adjustment at all.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Just had my 1st LNF claim of 2017 approved for a Marriott in SF.

The adjusted rate is incredibly cheap for that hotel.

Very nice start for 2017.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:33 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
My very first (two?) Marriott LNF/BRG claims were approved, and based on the feedback here and other threads, against all odds!

The rate was found on a big site, and it was for Tokyo. Difference quite significant. I submitted against a competing rate that was for a "twin or double room", and booked a members only rate (all that was available) for a "twin or queen room". Claim was approved, but came back for a higher rate due to the room type (they matched to the double room only rate on the competing site). The cancelation policy was flexible, so I canceled. Then resubmitted using the "twin only" rate on Marriott, and it was also approved. Received a 25% off 15K jpy vs the members only rate of 22,600jpy (one night stay). Pretty quick response, but they got a little tricky there with rates that don't exactly specify the room.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by transparent
My very first (two?) Marriott LNF/BRG claims were approved, and based on the feedback here and other threads, against all odds!

The rate was found on a big site, and it was for Tokyo. Difference quite significant. I submitted against a competing rate that was for a "twin or double room", and booked a members only rate (all that was available) for a "twin or queen room". Claim was approved, but came back for a higher rate due to the room type (they matched to the double room only rate on the competing site). The cancelation policy was flexible, so I canceled. Then resubmitted using the "twin only" rate on Marriott, and it was also approved. Received a 25% off 15K jpy vs the members only rate of 22,600jpy (one night stay). Pretty quick response, but they got a little tricky there with rates that don't exactly specify the room.
Congratulations!

But since you were able to cancel, you should have waited til you received approval on the second reservation just in case they denied you.
You never know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.