Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Zurich, Switzerland

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Zurich, Switzerland

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2015, 7:54 am

Courtyard Zurich North

We considered the Ren, Marriott and Courtyard Zurich North for a brief stay in Zurich. We arrived by plane and had an early train to catch from Zurich HB the next morning. We were concerned about selecting the CY given its "out of town" position. It turned out to be ideal location and I definitely recommend it to others.

Pros:
* Great location with easy access to rail station with regular trains to/from airport and to/from Zurich HB. We never waited more than 5 minutes for a train and it took less that 20 minutes to get from our room to Zurich HB.
* Room was very quiet with comfortable bed and large shower. Window could be opened for fresh air.
* Given the nearby rail station, hotel is also near bus and trams network.
* Hotel is across the street of large supermarket (Coop), within 1 block of Aldi and 1/2 block of bakery.
* Room cost is much less than Ren and Marriott.
* Great staff

Cons:
* Not much "character" to the neighborhood
Old Jul 1, 2015, 8:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the trip report on the Courtyard. Much appreciated!

Cheers.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Marriott Zurich

MR Notes: My whole Zurich part of my trip was rather interesting. I did arrive via train to the central station and this hotel can be easily seen (it is a massive skyscraper). Now, the local image of this hotel is rather negative because of its older history. However, the hotel has redone its interior in all the rooms and common spaces. Because of things related to my stay that happened in the next part of my Zurich visit, a significant advance upgrade was provided. The room, a near the top, corner suite with 90 degrees view of the city was an excellent place to take it all in.

Review: Frankly, the best concierge lounge we saw during all of our European property stays. They do change the menu quite a bit and if you time it right, you can even have unlimited Swiss chocolate to eat. I am not a big fan of the specific evening appetizers and snacks, but they were plentiful and crafted with attention. The lounge itself also was nice with a library corner and an interesting television area. Breakfast at the lounge and such all went well.

Nearby: Not much. I mean, there is a large park, the water bus, one of the museums, etc. are all nearby. I found the Old Town and points farther toward the Lake more interesting to visit.

Other tips: There is no issue buying your chocolates at the supermarket chains, but yes, there are tons of stores selling watches and such. Don’t get lost just because you see the same chain stores on every corner. You are staying in this area because the central train station makes it easy to get anywhere including nice day trips to many parts of Switzerland. Take advantage of the location.

Rasheed
Old Jul 16, 2015, 9:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the trip report. Much appreciated!

Cheers.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 7:59 pm

I'll also chime in on a recent stay at the Zurich Marriott. The whole hotel looks great after its latest 2015 renovations. As a Gold Elite member on a one-night stay, they upgraded my points reservation to what I believe is their Grand Superior room, basically a junior suite, and mine was on a corner facing the Linmat River away from Lake Zurich. The room was modern and quite comfortable - no signs of it being an older hotel at all. There was a Samsung tablet for use in the room, and a couple of outlets were already adapted for US plugs. Great views, albeit being on their lowest floor. Odd note - their 4th floor is labeled their 24th floor, and it goes up to 39 from there. So my excitement of being on the 24th floor was quickly removed.

I thought the Executive Lounge was great. Good food offerings throughout the day, with hot items and alcoholic drinks during the evening. Breakfast was good as well. It was never too crowded. Staff in the lounge were attentive and friendly. I could actually say that about the entire staff of the hotel.

Again, not too much nearby, but it's an easy 10-15 minute walk from the main train station and Bahnhofstrasse. Maybe 25 minute walk to Lake Zurich.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 5:02 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
I've got some options for an upcoming rewards stay the week between Christmas & New Years' and would love to get opinions. My options are:

160,000 points for the Zurich Marriott. I can choose one of the following room types for that price:

Deluxe Room, Guest room, 1 King or 1 Queen or 2 Twin/Single Bed(s), North Wing
Single Room, Smaller Guest room, 1 Twin/Single Bed(s), Main Building
Superior Room, Guest room, 1 King or 2 Twin/Single Bed(s), Main Building

Or for 140,000 points I can book a room at the Renaissance Zurich North Tower, either a comfort room or a deluxe room city view.

Thoughts? This will be a leisure trip. I'll be by myself and generally prefer to be near the key tourist attractions; i.e. I prefer to walk 10-15 minutes than having to take public transport. I also like a good concierge lounge, especially food wise.

Thanks!
Old Sep 6, 2015, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
Just spent one night at the Zurich Marriott using points. My husband and I were there our last night of a 3-week trip for our 50th wedding anniversary. We left for home from Zurich after visiting Amsterdam (Marriott Renaissance). Paris (Renaissance Vendome), and then to Italy to visit friends and also go to Venice (not at a Marriott property, though the JW sounds nice!).

The lounge (on the ground floor) provides some very nice beverages and food items in the evening, as well as a plentiful breakfast in the morning. The room was a very nice size (perhaps it was an upgrade?) and the bed was very comfy.

We did not venture out beyond the hotel, as we've been going to Zurich twice a year for decades, so did not need to leave after we checked in around 5:30pm. The hotel is well situated for a stroll over to the Bahnhofstrasse, should one want to shop or find suitable dining options.

We've driven past this hotel dozens and dozens of times, but had never had the opportunity to actually STAY there. It was really very nice!

We will probably go back to staying by the Zurich airport during our many visits in the future, but if the opportunity should present itself, I would return to this Marriott property.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by sim510
My husband and I were there our last night of a 3-week trip for our 50th wedding anniversary.
Gosh, congratulations to you both. (Nice trip, too.)
Old Sep 15, 2015, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
Thoughts? This will be a leisure trip. I'll be by myself and generally prefer to be near the key tourist attractions; i.e. I prefer to walk 10-15 minutes than having to take public transport. I also like a good concierge lounge, especially food wise.

Thanks!
If your main goal is to be near the tourist attractions, then the Marriott Zurich is your better option. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there. While I can't speak to the Renaissance, I thought the Marriott's lounge was excellent. Good food options for both the evening hours and for breakfast.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 6:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by canred
We considered the Ren, Marriott and Courtyard Zurich North for a brief stay in Zurich. We arrived by plane and had an early train to catch from Zurich HB the next morning. We were concerned about selecting the CY given its "out of town" position. It turned out to be ideal location and I definitely recommend it to others.

Pros:
* Great location with easy access to rail station with regular trains to/from airport and to/from Zurich HB. We never waited more than 5 minutes for a train and it took less that 20 minutes to get from our room to Zurich HB.
* Room was very quiet with comfortable bed and large shower. Window could be opened for fresh air.
* Given the nearby rail station, hotel is also near bus and trams network.
* Hotel is across the street of large supermarket (Coop), within 1 block of Aldi and 1/2 block of bakery.
* Room cost is much less than Ren and Marriott.
* Great staff

Cons:
* Not much "character" to the neighborhood
Thank you for this - am heading there next month and figured I'd check this thread out. As usual FT comes through....
Old Sep 28, 2015, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Roger
Gosh, congratulations to you both. (Nice trip, too.)
Thank you Roger! Yes, it was a lovely trip.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 8:47 am

Which room ?

I will be staying at The Marriott Zurich in November on points for 2 nites, I'm offered the north wing or main building, which is best ?
Old Jan 30, 2016, 10:20 am

Programs: M&M,UA MP Silver, MR LT Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by goodtool
I will be staying at The Marriott Zurich in November on points for 2 nites, I'm offered the north wing or main building, which is best ?
Main is much nicer...
Old Jan 30, 2016, 11:50 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Exdon
Main is much nicer...
Agreed. North wing is across the street and less convenient to the rest of the hotel.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by djohannw
I just returned from a two-night stay at this hotel, and it has left me with excactly three positive impressions, so I'll give them first: The location right at the Limmat-river and only five minutes from the central station is very convenient, they have free internet-access in the lobby on two machines with good speed and a connected printer, and the fitness-center with a large indoor-pool, sauna, turkish-steambath and fitness is great.[...]
I will go back to Zurich, but will certainly avoid this hotel.
Well, that intend held for 13 years now, but I decided to go back later this month mostly for the location with wife and daughter despite it is about a third more than my current standard hotel for Zurich, the Renaissance.

Got one question though: As I have fond memories to the hotel's pool back then and it is no longer listed as an amenity now, would it be safe to assume that the pool has been removed between then and now?

Thanks for your feedback!

Greetings - Dirk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.