Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
There is a complementary thread about the new R-C card on the Chase UR Forum here: Ritz-Carloton Visa Infinite
Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2013, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by No Clue
could you elaborate on the restaurants and magazine credits? How did they appear on the statement?
This month my only expenses on this card were in airports, so I just claimed them all. The guy on the phone said they normally wouldn't reimburse the expenses that weren't clearly marked as airport expenses, but he could see things like Hudson News and such interspersed and accepted my argument that I couldn't have been anywhere but inside an airport terminal for my other charges.

A fairly specialized set f circumstances, so YMMV.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 6:09 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by hailstorm
This month my only expenses on this card were in airports, so I just claimed them all. The guy on the phone said they normally wouldn't reimburse the expenses that weren't clearly marked as airport expenses, but he could see things like Hudson News and such interspersed and accepted my argument that I couldn't have been anywhere but inside an airport terminal for my other charges.

A fairly specialized set f circumstances, so YMMV.
That's interesting. I thought they would only include in-flight expenses. If that is the case, they would probably also include airport parking. I never thought about putting it on my RC card.
Old May 1, 2013, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Apologies if this has been answered already (could not find doing a half-assed search), but are the club lounge upgrade dates the date by which the upgrade must be applied to a reservation, or the date by which a stay must be completed?
Old May 2, 2013, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Apologies if this has been answered already (could not find doing a half-assed search), but are the club lounge upgrade dates the date by which the upgrade must be applied to a reservation, or the date by which a stay must be completed?
My experience was that it is the date that the stay must be completed. The stay must also be charged to your Ritz-Carlton card (so it would still have to be active). For a stay of two nights or longer, you would also get a $100 hotel credit.
Old May 6, 2013, 7:52 pm

New Ritz Card Design

Just received my new Ritz Card with Chip and Signature technology, and thought I'd share that JP Morgan significantly changed the card design.

This thing must weigh nearly an ounce and is far heavier than the original Ritz Card. They blew up the Ritz logo on the right hand side, moved the Visa Signature logo to the back of the card, and engraved the Ritz logo and all references to Ritz Carlton/JP Morgan/Visa. The customer name is embossed on the front, and the CC and Ritz Reward numbers are embossed on the back of the card.

The only real downside of the redesign is that they removed the concierge number from the card entirely, which I find strange since I have no idea what that number is off the top of my head. Guess I should just program it into my phone.
Old May 6, 2013, 10:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Qantas Platinum 1, IHG Diamond, United 1K, Avis President
Originally Posted by KyleMac
Just received my new Ritz Card with Chip and Signature technology, and thought I'd share that JP Morgan significantly changed the card design.

This thing must weigh nearly an ounce and is far heavier than the original Ritz Card. They blew up the Ritz logo on the right hand side, moved the Visa Signature logo to the back of the card, and engraved the Ritz logo and all references to Ritz Carlton/JP Morgan/Visa. The customer name is embossed on the front, and the CC and Ritz Reward numbers are embossed on the back of the card.

The only real downside of the redesign is that they removed the concierge number from the card entirely, which I find strange since I have no idea what that number is off the top of my head. Guess I should just program it into my phone.
Hmm, interesting. So is it heavier than the Chase Sapphire and Marriott Rewards card? I am curious now. Was your original Ritz card made out of metal?
Old May 7, 2013, 4:42 am

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), AA P, Marriott PP (LT PP), SPG P (LT P), HH G, and Hertz PC
Will Chase allow you to switch from the Marriott Rewards Premier card to the Ritz-Carlton card? Since I am a lifetime Platinum with well over 1000 nights, the extra 15 nights a year to do not make much difference while Club floor access during four stays a year at the Ritz would be worth it to me.
Old May 7, 2013, 4:50 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
the absolute correct response to your question is available from Chase........

Originally Posted by frequentjohn
Will Chase allow you to switch from the Marriott Rewards Premier card to the Ritz-Carlton card?
Old May 7, 2013, 8:23 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Thanks-- it's interesting that they changed the design already-- it looks like the new design is now reflected in the web marketing materials.

I wouldn't be surprised if this card were like the newly redesigned Marriott Premier card-- that card is also metal, and is also heavier and thicker than the CSP. (It was also harder to destroy!)
Old May 7, 2013, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA LTG, Marriott LTP. 50% Delta LTS, Working on Hyatt LTD
Originally Posted by dw
Thanks-- it's interesting that they changed the design already-- it looks like the new design is now reflected in the web marketing materials.

I wouldn't be surprised if this card were like the newly redesigned Marriott Premier card-- that card is also metal, and is also heavier and thicker than the CSP. (It was also harder to destroy!)
What he describes is not the pic on the website; what is on the website is the same design as the "old" card, plus the EMV chip where it would go.

Visa logo on webiste is still on front, for example.
Old May 7, 2013, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K/Club, AA Plat, Global Entry, Gold (RC, HHonors, SPG, Priority), LHW-LC
Just got My RC Card last week

Yes, it is much heavier than the Chase Sapphire card. I was amazed at the heft of this thing.

Was able to immediately book a room (card already activated in the box) and use a Club level upgrade. This last part was confusing, as I couldn't seem to find a way to use the Club upgrade online, but the concierge line was able to do it manually.

Good experience so far with the card.
Old May 7, 2013, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by pooker
Hmm, interesting. So is it heavier than the Chase Sapphire and Marriott Rewards card? I am curious now. Was your original Ritz card made out of metal?
Yes, the original Ritz card I had was made of metal. My new card feels about the same as both mine and my wife's old Ritz cards held together. I have never had a CSP or Marriott Rewards card, but as the poster above indicated, this card is apparently heavier than the CSP card. It makes a distinct metal tinging sound just from moving it around in your hand. I like the fact that there are no numbers on the front of the card.
Old May 8, 2013, 4:47 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Qantas Platinum 1, IHG Diamond, United 1K, Avis President
Yes, the original Ritz card I had was made of metal. My new card feels about the same as both mine and my wife's old Ritz cards held together. I have never had a CSP or Marriott Rewards card, but as the poster above indicated, this card is apparently heavier than the CSP card. It makes a distinct metal tinging sound just from moving it around in your hand. I like the fact that there are no numbers on the front of the card.
Oh wow, now I really want to see one! The metal in CSP and Marriott Rewards are made out of the same material. It makes me curious why they would beef this credit card and use a different material.
Old May 8, 2013, 10:05 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Was the club upgrade available on the lowest available rate on the website or did you end up paying a higher rate? If higher, it would be real helpful to know by how much.

Originally Posted by VanDude
Was able to immediately book a room (card already activated in the box) and use a Club level upgrade. This last part was confusing, as I couldn't seem to find a way to use the Club upgrade online, but the concierge line was able to do it manually.
Old May 8, 2013, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by crazyhorse
Was the club upgrade available on the lowest available rate on the website or did you end up paying a higher rate? If higher, it would be real helpful to know by how much.
It's available to use on any regularly published rate booked through the Ritz website or by phone. This includes weekend rates, leisure rates, regular rates, etc. Don't let anyone tell you different.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.