Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

2017 Fall MegaBonus (Sept 12 to Jan 15)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sdsearch
Fall 2017 MegaBonus Terms and Conditions

*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. [Although the T&Cs don't say it clearly, a stay can be as short as one night.]

• Registration is required.
• Marriott Rewards members who register for this promotion by November 30, 2017 will earn one (1) free night award at a category 1-5 hotel (value of standard free night award ranges from 7,500 points for Category 1 hotels to 25,000 points for Category 5 hotels) after two paid stays* made between September 12, 2017 and January 15, 2018, at participating Marriott® properties.
• If a member completes two qualifying stays during the promotional period, an additional offer may be unlocked and become available in the members account within 2-3 days after the second qualifying stay.
• The member may not receive additional notification except through their online member account and must register for the additional offer within two (2) weeks from the date the additional offer becomes available.
• Maximum one (1) free night award earned with this promotion per member to be redeemed for a future stay at participating Marriott Rewards category 1-5 properties.
• Free night award will expire six (6) months after the date of issuance.
• An earned free night award is good for one (1) single or double occupancy standard room only and includes the cost of the hotel room and applicable room taxes only.
• An earned free night award will be added to the member’s account within 3-5 business days after the second qualifying stay.
• The awarded free night certificate is not transferable and may not be given as a gift.
• Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for credit.
• Stays at ExecuStay and Marriott Executive Apartments are not eligible for credit toward this promotion.
• Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay.
• Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
• For a list of current Marriott Rewards participating brands, visit https://www.marriott.com/marriott-re...earn/hotels.mi.
• Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton®, will count toward achievement.
• Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion.
• All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply.
• See https://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/earning.mi for more information.
• Visit MarriottRewards.com/FreeNightMegaBonus for complete details.
• © 2017 Marriott International, Inc.

US T&C above, here are all the T&C links I found:

https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_us.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_fr.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_us.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_au.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_jp.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_kr.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_es.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_de.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_cn.html
Print Wikipost

2017 Fall MegaBonus (Sept 12 to Jan 15)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2017, 10:29 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Just checked online and my next promo was unlocked and waiting for registration. It's not impressive. "Have 5 more stays and earn 10,000 points. Then for each stay after that, earn an additional 1,000 points." Note that this is stay based, not night based.
Hardly enough to entice people to change their travel plans. BTW, I didn't receive an e-mail informing me the next offer was available.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 10:39 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
I received the same promo. Looks like a Marriott-free fall.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Yes, I got the same thing. I have a couple of longer stays planned for the next few months. I'll try to flip flop between local hotels.

My biggest challenge will be on days when I'm scheduled to work all day on conference calls & my laptop, to make sure I can get late checkout from one hotel & early checkin for the next hotel. If I can do that in 30 minutes, I'll just tell everyone at work I'm out to lunch.

In GRK it's easy, there are 2 across the street from each other, and I've stayed at both many times so they treat me as a VIP. I'll have to figure out how to handle the other locations.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food
Just checked online and my next promo was unlocked and waiting for registration. It's not impressive. "Have 5 more stays and earn 10,000 points. Then for each stay after that, earn an additional 1,000 points." Note that this is stay based, not night based.
Hardly enough to entice people to change their travel plans. BTW, I didn't receive an e-mail informing me the next offer was available.
I received the same and no email. In my case, this promo has driven me to send the remainder of my stays this year to Hilton to retain Diamond.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
I don't understand why Marriott is encouraging hotel hopping.

I would think it would cost Marriott more (not counting awards) if a patron checks into 4 different hotels on 4 consecutive nights versus simply staying 4 nights at one hotel.

My 69 nights from the end of the second stay through the 15th of January will net me an additional 17K points. Yay.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:09 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by freeflyin
I received the same and no email. In my case, this promo has driven me to send the remainder of my stays this year to Hilton to retain Diamond.
If I wasn't on my final push to LTP (<200K points, <50 nights), I would be doing the same.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:26 am

A colleague and I got the same (5 stays 10k points), we are both Platinum. Another colleague got stay once get 2k (he has no status).
Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by freeflyin
I too received the same and no email. I really hope the stays prior to this offering count. I have 3 stays completed in between finishing the first round and unlocking this and need 2 more stays to finish my platinum challenge (with 1 stay booked). Would be nice to wrap that, get the 10,000 and then move over to starwood and get those 1,000 points per stay. Here comes the fun HUACA game until I get the answer I want!!

UPDATE - Just got off the phone with them, was told that it is retroactive to the start of the original megabonus. So techinically it is 10k bonus after 7 stays and if you have unlocked this one that is why the wording says "after 5 more stays". A little confusing but happy to report the stays in between the first round and this new promo do indeed count.

Last edited by airjerky; Sep 28, 2017 at 11:45 am
Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, United Silver, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Got the same as most others 10k after 5 and then 1k thereafter. I registered and my counter says I need 7 stays to complete. Anyone else?
Attached Images  
Old Sep 28, 2017, 1:28 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
From the T&Cs of the unlocked offer :

Earning period starts the day after registration through 15 January, 2018
So, any stays between the date of completion of the the second stay and the day after registration will not count, even though they are within the overall promotional period. This seems to directly contradict the “will be retroactive” advice noted upthread.

#MarriottMarketingMuppetry

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Sep 28, 2017 at 1:33 pm
Old Sep 28, 2017, 2:11 pm

Sweet, will earn me an extra 12,000 points as I have 7 stays coming between now and mid November. No complaints here. Free points and a free night's stay. It's a promotion, not a total giveaway.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 2:17 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
FWIW, comparing MR and SPGs global promotion (in MR points, at 3:1 arbitrage) :

MR : Free night after 2 stays, then 10,000 after 5 more stays, then 1,000 per stay thereafter.

SPG : 3,000 per stay (1,500 at Aloft, Element and Four Points), plus 30,000 after the 25th night.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Sep 29, 2017 at 12:07 am
Old Sep 28, 2017, 2:48 pm
hts

Programs: AA EP, USAir Chairman, MR Lifetime Plat
Agreed. No email for me, but just logged in and got the same crummy 2d tier promo as everyone else. Trying to figure out if I can get 25 more nights in between now and end of promo period to make the jump over to SPG as a result of the Fall Microbonus (I've renamed it, lol).

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
FWIW, comparing MR and SPGs global promotion, at 3:1 arbitrage :

MR : Free night after 2 stays, then 10,000 after 5 more stays, then 1,000 per stay thereafter.

SPG : 3,000 per stay (1,500 at Aloft, Element and Four Points), plus 30,000 after the 25th night.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 3:07 pm

Does anyone know if the MegaBonus free night after two stays will stack with the new member do two stays and get a free night bonus?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
FWIW, comparing MR and SPGs global promotion, at 3:1 arbitrage :

I believe SPG is 1000/500 per stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.