Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

2017 Fall MegaBonus (Sept 12 to Jan 15)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sdsearch
Fall 2017 MegaBonus Terms and Conditions

*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. [Although the T&Cs don't say it clearly, a stay can be as short as one night.]

• Registration is required.
• Marriott Rewards members who register for this promotion by November 30, 2017 will earn one (1) free night award at a category 1-5 hotel (value of standard free night award ranges from 7,500 points for Category 1 hotels to 25,000 points for Category 5 hotels) after two paid stays* made between September 12, 2017 and January 15, 2018, at participating Marriott® properties.
• If a member completes two qualifying stays during the promotional period, an additional offer may be unlocked and become available in the members account within 2-3 days after the second qualifying stay.
• The member may not receive additional notification except through their online member account and must register for the additional offer within two (2) weeks from the date the additional offer becomes available.
• Maximum one (1) free night award earned with this promotion per member to be redeemed for a future stay at participating Marriott Rewards category 1-5 properties.
• Free night award will expire six (6) months after the date of issuance.
• An earned free night award is good for one (1) single or double occupancy standard room only and includes the cost of the hotel room and applicable room taxes only.
• An earned free night award will be added to the member’s account within 3-5 business days after the second qualifying stay.
• The awarded free night certificate is not transferable and may not be given as a gift.
• Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for credit.
• Stays at ExecuStay and Marriott Executive Apartments are not eligible for credit toward this promotion.
• Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay.
• Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
• For a list of current Marriott Rewards participating brands, visit https://www.marriott.com/marriott-re...earn/hotels.mi.
• Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton®, will count toward achievement.
• Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion.
• All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply.
• See https://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/earning.mi for more information.
• Visit MarriottRewards.com/FreeNightMegaBonus for complete details.
• © 2017 Marriott International, Inc.

US T&C above, here are all the T&C links I found:

https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_us.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_fr.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_us.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_au.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_jp.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_kr.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_es.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_de.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_cn.html
Print Wikipost

2017 Fall MegaBonus (Sept 12 to Jan 15)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2017, 3:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
FWIW -- Plat Premier -- +100 nights this year.

Earn 10,000 bonus points after five more stays, plus 1,000 bonus points per stay after that.

My SPG promotion is 1k per stay, with 10K after 25 nights. Since SPG points are tripled, that's a much better promotion. Just wanting to make sure I don't lose my Plat Premier status as I already have 20 SPG nights on top of my Marriott nights.

The Marriott promo is pretty disappointing.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, MR Plat, UA Silver
Is this the last challenge or will more unlock? Because if it is, it's very disappointing relative to the SPG promo
Old Sep 28, 2017, 4:36 pm

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
Originally Posted by MSP2HND
Does anyone know if the MegaBonus free night after two stays will stack with the new member do two stays and get a free night bonus?
It did for my colleague.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 4:36 pm

Programs: Hilton gold
I got stay 1 more stay earn 2000 points then unlock another offer. No status.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 4:54 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Pfffft! We have 8 stays booked, totaling 27 nights. We are going to get 13,000 points out of this. Three years ago those 27 nights got us 49.000 points. THAT was a great MB.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:17 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Originally Posted by jim5518
I got stay 1 more stay earn 2000 points then unlock another offer. No status.
So you will get a THIRD personalized offer after you finish the second personalized offer? I can only imagine the marketing genius that's trying to tailor exactly the promotion everyone of us gets after the first one that they want to advertise to all.

That combined with their slowness in revealing the 'next' step in the promotion hopefully means Marriott will learn to KISS -- keep it simple, stupid!
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:00 pm
hts

Programs: AA EP, USAir Chairman, MR Lifetime Plat
Without knowing if there might be a third (more lucrative) tier that could possibly unlock after this one, I'm having a hard time justifying remaining with Marriott through mid-Jan. I have one Marriott stay (3 nights) booked for next week that I can't change now (have co-workers staying at the same property with me), but after I complete that stay I think I'm going to have to switch over to Sheraton/Westins and try to get 25 nights between now and 1/15.

(Lifetime Plat and 80 paid Marriott nights so far this year).

Originally Posted by chiasmatic
Is this the last challenge or will more unlock? Because if it is, it's very disappointing relative to the SPG promo
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by hts
Without knowing if there might be a third (more lucrative) tier that could possibly unlock after this one, I'm having a hard time justifying remaining with Marriott through mid-Jan. I have one Marriott stay (3 nights) booked for next week that I can't change now (have co-workers staying at the same property with me), but after I complete that stay I think I'm going to have to switch over to Sheraton/Westins and try to get 25 nights between now and 1/15.

(Lifetime Plat and 80 paid Marriott nights so far this year).
Their loss.

David
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler,Hyatt-Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson, National-Exec.
Lousy promo and lousy execution

I agree this is not that great of a promo and execution by Marriott Rewards is horrible.

But you have to ask yourself (as I ask myself) - does Marriott really cares?

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
FWIW -- Plat Premier -- +100 nights this year.

Earn 10,000 bonus points after five more stays, plus 1,000 bonus points per stay after that.

My SPG promotion is 1k per stay, with 10K after 25 nights. Since SPG points are tripled, that's a much better promotion. Just wanting to make sure I don't lose my Plat Premier status as I already have 20 SPG nights on top of my Marriott nights.

The Marriott promo is pretty disappointing.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by klakhav
But you have to ask yourself (as I ask myself) - does Marriott really cares?

I don't really get it ... such a poor design from a marketing perspective if they are trying to drive consumer behavior.

I'm lifetime plat, the bonus here is minimal and the SPG bonus is definitely better (I suppose I should really see what's out there from Hyatt and Hilton). But for my concern about my ambiguous status as a Plat Premier .... I'd definitely be switching to SPG for the rest of the year.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:34 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
I looked yesterday, the unlock was not there. I looked today and the unlock was available - it stated that I must register by today. They seriously give you 1 day to register?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lougord99
I looked yesterday, the unlock was not there. I looked today and the unlock was available
I looked this morning (around 7 am PT, 10 am ET), and it was not there, and then I looked again this evening, and it's there. Same 10k for 5 more, then 1k each, as so many others. (I'm Plat.)

Originally Posted by lougord99
it stated that I must register by today. They seriously give you 1 day to register?
I presume they give you up to 2 days to first see it, but once you look at it, you presumably have to register then.

OTOH, why would you want to look at it but then come back and register later?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by dimon84
It did for my colleague.
Great - that is good to know.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 10:13 pm

Programs: AA Plat, A List Pref, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I believe SPG is 1000/500 per stay.
I'm sure he meant 3k in marriott points (spg x 3)
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 10:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Well this was totally not worth the wait.
lotusdog and DeltaWings like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.