Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Dubai, UAE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Dubai, UAE

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2008, 7:35 pm

The JW is definitely nicer. Before redeeming an Anytime Award, you should also try the Ritz-Carlton in Dubai. 7 nights are 250,000 points.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 8:19 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Hawkeye2
The JW is definitely nicer. Before redeeming an Anytime Award, you should also try the Ritz-Carlton in Dubai. 7 nights are 250,000 points.
A very creative suggestion.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 10:14 am
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

We are looking into this. I will post again when we have more information.
Old Oct 21, 2008, 4:25 pm

I just wanted to make a quick post to let you know I had not forgotten about this, and that the issue is still being actively pursued. I hope to have more information tomorrow.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 9:57 am

The inventory for JW Marriott in Dubai has been corrected. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you find something like this again.

Ira.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 12:46 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Thankyou Ira (Marriott), the dates I was looking at now have standard inventory, which is great as that just saved me about 100k points!
Old Oct 24, 2008, 5:08 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Thank you, Marriott Concierge, for a very valuable service. I have always found it surprising that the Renaissance and far-superior JW were in the same award category. Now I see why.

Although the rates are often comparable, too, or even lower for the JW. Maybe becuase the JW is so large, it has trouble filling its rooms?
Old Nov 10, 2008, 7:02 pm

Programs: BA SILVER HH GOLD MR GOLD
J W Marriott Dubai any good?

My wife and I are staying at the Marriott in Deira for a week in April on a reward booking. Any comments or tips from those that have stayed there would be welcome.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 7:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
I have stayed at the JW in DXB 4 times, including one reward stay. Staff are nice and go the extra mile. Rooms are clean. The Al Haramain Center next door is convenient for indoor walks. There are always interesting functions being held in the banquet hall and the rooftop pool is not bad. If you are a plat, you should check in upstairs in the lounge. They will either upgrade to you a suite on an upper floor or put you in an extended room (these are on the 3rd floor I think - just upstairs from the Concierge Lounge. All in all, it is a nice hotel but it's location can either be a boon or a bane, depending on where you will be spending most of your time.

Last edited by PhlyingRPh; Nov 10, 2008 at 8:09 pm Reason: spelling
Old Nov 10, 2008, 7:59 pm

Programs: AAEXP/Marriott Life Platinum
Originally Posted by PhlyingRPh
I have stayed at the JW in DXB 4 times, including one reward stay. otaff are nice and go the extra mile. Rooms are clean. The Al Haramain Center next door is convenient for indoor walks. There are always interesting functions being held in the banquet hall and the rooftop pool is not bad. If you are a plat, you should check in upstairs in the lounge. They will either upgrade to you a suite on an upper floor or put you in an extended room (these are on the 3rd floor I think - just upstairs from the Concierge Lounge. All in all, it is a nice hotel but it's location can either be a boon or a bane, depending on where you wil be spending most of your time.
I agree 100%
Old Nov 11, 2008, 12:15 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
I also like this property and will be there for Christmas and New Year.

The standard of food in the buffets is very good.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 10:48 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
I stayed at the JW in Dubai last year for 7 days on points. The concierge lounge is probably the best I've been to. Excellent buffet breakfast, snacks, juices and water 24x7, alcohol (beer, wine and some assorted hard liquor) in the evening and a midnight light buffet dinner.
Regarding location, its really not very central to anything at all. You have a long walk in the blistering heat or a cab to pretty much anywhere else.
The hotel itself is excellent and the service, etc very good. I'd s.tay there again anytime
Old Nov 11, 2008, 12:35 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

The only complaint I have is that it can be difficult to get a taxi at times. There is a shortage of taxis generally in Dubai at the moment, so it's 'off road' location means you don't get many taxis passing by.

Cheers,
Rick
Old Nov 11, 2008, 8:44 pm

Programs: BA SILVER HH GOLD MR GOLD
Thanks for your comments re isolated location, I'll assume that the concierge will be able to get us cabs when we require them. I'm not too bothered about location as I'd rather not not be at Jumeirah under any circumstances.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 12:11 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by ATCO 2
Thanks for your comments re isolated location, I'll assume that the concierge will be able to get us cabs when we require them. I'm not too bothered about location as I'd rather not not be at Jumeirah under any circumstances.
Cabs are are ready waiting and the front door.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.