Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Premier Level, pre-2016

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2006, 12:35 pm

I noticed mine is also upgraded a couple of days ago. I am going to check-in a Marriott hotel in 3 days as new Platinum Premier, will see if any extra treatment is provided...
Old Jan 17, 2006, 1:00 pm

Programs: DL PM, .6MM; AA Plat; Marriott Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by patrick75248
I'm curious, what kinds of nights and stays have you had in the past three years? Marriott says that only the "top 3%" of Platinums get Preferred. I'd like to know what I have to shoot for!
>120 nights each of the last 4 yrs (>150 for 2 of those). Almost always at negotiated (relatively low) rates. Last year, about 2/3 were at a Courtyard in Atlanta, and 1/3 in a full service Marriott in Denver. Only a few rewards nights scattered here & there.

I really have no idea what the specific criteria were, nor what the big difference compared with Platinum will be (if anything). Furthermore, I have no idea what I need to do this yr in order to maintain my current level. YMMV.
Old Jan 17, 2006, 3:26 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador
All I can say is the Platinum Premier desk ROCKS!

Marriott would have to do something real stupid (water down Platinum Premier) for me to switch to SPG or HH
Old Jan 17, 2006, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Mine says 'Platinum Premier Elite', so I'm a super special platinum.

As posted on another thread, over 150 nights in 2005 avg rev $100/night. The other years have run together, 2004 I think was 100 nights, 2003 hit the minimum of 75, before then years of 150+ nights back to 1998.

New benefits? We'll see, at check in last night they were really concerned about my preferences, of course I've been training the staff at this Marriott for several months.
Old Jan 17, 2006, 10:47 pm

Ok, if all they are offering is better service .....

Platinum Premier members are our most-exclusive—and most appreciated—guests. They are an exclusive group of discerning travelers whose loyalty to Marriott is rewarded with the highest level of service we can provide. Whenever you are planning to travel, please rely on our exclusive Platinum Premier phone line, xx, to receive the utmost in care.

Last edited by deac83; Jan 18, 2006 at 10:07 pm
Old Jan 17, 2006, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by deac83
Ok, if all they are offering is better service .....
BTW, I don't think the FT "powers that be" approve of disseminating elite phone numbers like that. (Even when they are absurdly-easy-to-guess numbers).
Old Jan 18, 2006, 6:36 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Platinum Premiers (how many)

It looks like a few have joined the ranks of Platinum Premier, Congragulations.

Has anyone been downgraded to Platinum or less.

Just wondering if the ranks are going to grow to the point where this level is nothing special.

Hope not.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 7:54 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond
What is the Platinum Premier desk?

Originally Posted by rebadc
All I can say is the Platinum Premier desk ROCKS!

Marriott would have to do something real stupid (water down Platinum Premier) for me to switch to SPG or HH
Old Jan 18, 2006, 10:10 pm

Took the number out, of course using the phone number will be quite hard with out an account number that matches up.

Called the desk and it was an interesting conversation. Essentially, Plat Prem only have one number to call, I guess Plat/Gold/Silver potentially have to call different numbers for vaiouis services.

Essentially there are no tangible benefits (i.e. points, gifts etc), having the exclusive phone number and the hotel treating you better are the benefits.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 5:48 am

The benefit (a biggie, I think) appears to be that the hotel (specifically someone holding a position of some consequence in it) is on the receiving end of a "call from the Mount" regarding the significance of a particular guest and is urged to treat them accordingly.

No doubt that goes a long way toward the Plat Premier being likely to experience "ultra velvet glove" treatment on a more consistent basis then us (ordinary) 'lowly Plats.'
Old Jan 19, 2006, 6:46 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
As a Platinum Premier, it has been great. It really depends on the hotel though. The Wailea Marriott - Maui (freeup's favorite place in the world) gave me a great suite with a wonderful set of refreshments....
Old Jan 19, 2006, 9:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Gold
Reg plat seems to be somewhat less precious over the past 2 years. It's still great but I suspect they arent reducing any and therefore the plat is saturated.
Old Jan 23, 2006, 5:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Plt Prem, CO Plt, AA Gold
Attentive service

Along with numerous suite upgrades, there is a constant desire to make everything right. After sending a few emails every other month regarding 500 pt arrival bonuses that don't post (Each email to Customer Care quickly corrected the problems), I received this email today out of the blue from Platinum Elite Customer Care:

"Dloren1,

I was looking at your Marriott Rewards account tonight and noticed you are missing some additional Platinum Arrival gift points. You should receive the Platinum Arrival bonus points even when using Marriott Reward points for the stay. I have corrected the following stays to have the bonus gift points added:
January 10, 2006 - Boston Peabody Marriott
January 1, 2006 - JW Phuket Resort and Spa
November 4, 2005 - Renaissance Jaragua
September 2, 2005 - Rio de Janeiro Marriott
July 1, 2005 - JW Marriott Bangkok
May 6, 2005 - Chicago Marriott Downtown

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with Dloren1.

Have a great day!!"

I get the feeling they really care about my business.
Old Jan 23, 2006, 6:14 pm

Last year when I dialed the PLT P line the computer would anwser and say something like Thank You for calling Marriott's exclusive PLT P line, please enter your MR #.

Now the same number says something like thanks for calling MR PLT Line please enter your MR #. However, after being xfered to a human they usually say thanks for calling marriott's plt p line.

Dan
Old Jan 23, 2006, 7:15 pm

OK, so I am starting to get a feel for what the benefits include. I had a problem with the Internet connection tonight & called the front desk. They got an engineer to call me immediately, and he confirmed that there was a server problem and that they had contacted the vendor about it. I asked how long till it would be fixed, and they said within an hr. 20 minutes later, they call & let me know that the internet should work now (which it obviously does). 5 minutes after that, an unsolicited "platinum gift" room service arrives. I had already gotten the points last night, so today's gift (2x pepsi, pretzels & fruit) was a complete surprise.

I get the impression Marriott wants me to have a great experience every time. ^^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.