Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Zurich, Switzerland

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Zurich, Switzerland

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2014, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by yodersr
I just booked a stay at the Renaissance tower at the end of September the other week. Is it common to still be able to book with a planned closure? Guess I'm glad I read this now, may have to find another property.
There are 2 Renaissance in Zurich. Renaissance Zurich and Renaissance Zurich Tower, I think OP was talking about Renaissance Zurich.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 12:10 pm

Renaissance Zurich closing down

I have been trying to book at Renaissance Zurich for September but I,m just unable to do. So I called up the hotel and was shocked to know that August 31st is the last day for the hotel as its going to be demolished to construct some offices. This was really disappointing as i have stayed several times in this hotel and was really very happy with it.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 12:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Discussed in the Zurich family thread back in May & the exec lounge sticky was updated to reflect it's closing/leaving Marriott end of August.

Cheers.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 1:38 pm
Suspended

Now I know why its not showing up when I went to get the address, was trying to find out what it reflagged to, now I know to an office tower. Got lucky someone posted the address on the page before this so I can now find out if something was also on that same street.

Will miss The Ren for my overnights between connecting flights
Old Mar 9, 2015, 11:03 am

Regarding the executive lounge, how is the food and drink there? Is the breakfast for gold provided in lounge too? How is it compared to the breakfast in main restaurant. Thanks
Old Mar 9, 2015, 11:12 am

Programs: M&M,UA MP Silver, MR LT Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by kennychenhk
Regarding the executive lounge, how is the food and drink there? Is the breakfast for gold provided in lounge too? How is it compared to the breakfast in main restaurant. Thanks
REN ZRH Tower lounge is top - style, view, f&b! Lounge brekkie M-Fr, main restaurant Sa/Su. Both are great. Nice wine in the lounge btw. Enjoy!
Old Mar 9, 2015, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Exdon
REN ZRH Tower lounge is top - style, view, f&b! Lounge brekkie M-Fr, main restaurant Sa/Su. Both are great. Nice wine in the lounge btw. Enjoy!
Sorry I didn't make it clear enough as I am actually planing to stay at the marriott zurich(due to its central location)
Thanks for your input anyway
Old Mar 9, 2015, 11:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Exdon
Is it still open in the eves on Sat/Sun, or open for brekkie only?

Cheers.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by kennychenhk
Sorry I didn't make it clear enough as I am actually planing to stay at the marriott zurich(due to its central location)
Thanks for your input anyway
Marriott ZRH lounge is top too, esp. f&b! Lounge brekkie for Gold/Plats only, but very nice spread anyway. Wine not on par with REN but still nicely drinkable. Lounges in ZRH are great value considering Swiss prices even at fast Food chains (think $10 at McD). Enjoy!
Old Mar 9, 2015, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Is it still open in the eves on Sat/Sun, or open for brekkie only?

Cheers.
Last time I've been (Oct 14): open 7 days, but no food service from Fri evening to Sun morning. Beverages are still offered, and they even provide wine bottles on weekend evenings.
Old May 27, 2015, 12:53 pm

Any Updates of where to stay in Zurich for 2 nights after first arriving in europe. Looking to do some touristy things with my wife. Not sure which is best.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
I just booked one night on points at the Zurich Marriott. I had a choice of the north wing or the main building. I am assuming that the main building is where one will find the executive lounge, so I booked that option. Hubby and I will be spending our last night in Europe after a 3-week 50th wedding anniversary trip. Should I mention this at check-in?? Maybe a nice upgrade???

Have driven past this hotel numerous times when in Zurich (at minimum, twice per year) but this is the first time staying here. Any tips? I understand the Thai restaurant is good, although we will probably visit our favorite pizza restaurant closer to Zurich airport, since it will be our only opportunity to do so on this 3-week trip. Favorite pizza restaurant is La Romantica in Rumlang.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
What is the area around the Ren Tower like in terms of walking, stores, interesting stuff to do on foot? Is the Zurich Marriott much better? They want an extra 50-60 CHF at the Marriott for the dates I need.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by RobertS975
What is the area around the Ren Tower like in terms of walking, stores, interesting stuff to do on foot? Is the Zurich Marriott much better? They want an extra 50-60 CHF at the Marriott for the dates I need.
Your first time in ZRH? If yes, Marriott may be better: close to Niederdorf, Limmat, Bahnhofstraße. Ren Tower at Technologiepark = younger, hipper and kinda club scene. Walking can be great though if you take a look at Google Maps to find the path along Limmat river to ....the Marriott!
Old Jul 1, 2015, 1:54 am

Zürich isn't really big, and a short tram or S-Bahn ride will bring you everywhere. The Marriott is relatively old, while the Tower is new. If the difference is 50-60 CHF per night/room (more expensive for the Marriott), I'd go with the Tower without hesitating.

Especially on a weekend stay, the area surrounding the Marriott (Stampfenbachstrasse) is pretty dead, while the area around the Tower is much more lively. And by S-Bahn it's 2 minutes to the main station (3min walk there from the Tower) - you take around the same walking to the main station from the Marriott.

Let me know when you're staying here, if I get time, I'll gladly show you around my beautiful city.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.