Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2016 Shutdown Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2016, 6:58 pm

Might be a silly question, but when you fill out the MO do you put yourself as both the purchaser and recipient? Won't that potentially raise some red flags?
Old Jan 31, 2016, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by sboggsisu
Might be a silly question, but when you fill out the MO do you put yourself as both the purchaser and recipient? Won't that potentially raise some red flags?
Maybe, but at least it's honest. Trying to tweak that to make it look less suspicious is asking for more trouble IMO.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 7:38 pm

I just leave the purchaser part blank, I write my name enough as it is...
Old Jan 31, 2016, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I put the name of my CU as recipient because occasionally a new cashier would question the two being the same. I endorse the back and put my account # next to the signature. Works fine.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 10:33 pm

If the bank asks you any questions, you tell them "we hold these truths to be self evident, that all MOs are created equal, that they are endowed by their purchaser with certain unalienable rights, that among these are deposit, availability, and the pursuit of more MOs".

They'll leave you alone.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CWAL
I just leave the purchaser part blank, I write my name enough as it is...
Dont know what bank you deal with but according to Chase and WF, the purchaser needs to be filled out or they wont accept it.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Dont know what bank you deal with but according to Chase and WF, the purchaser needs to be filled out or they wont accept it.
Well I definitely never give MOs to them, that would be bad regardless of how they're filled out.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by mittenfingerz
If the bank asks you any questions, you tell them "we hold these truths to be self evident, that all MOs are created equal, that they are endowed by their purchaser with certain unalienable rights, that among these are deposit, availability, and the pursuit of more MOs".

They'll leave you alone.

Silly answer and I wouldn't try to play over smart with the banks. If bank/some other authority asks you a question, you answer their question and not fool around. might be able to get away other places not with the banks.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by nfpa70e
Silly answer and I wouldn't try to play over smart with the banks. If bank/some other authority asks you a question, you answer their question and not fool around. might be able to get away other places not with the banks.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 12:43 pm

Programs: United, Southwest
Any help with MS would be appreciated. Had my Serve shut down a couple weeks back. Is gobank an alternative besides MOs? Thanks!
Old Feb 1, 2016, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by mittenfingerz

They'll leave you alone.
+1
Old Feb 1, 2016, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
I put the name of my CU as recipient because occasionally a new cashier would question the two being the same. I endorse the back and put my account # next to the signature. Works fine.
I use these new Chase ATM's that accept MO's. It's really great since I generally despise talking to people (it's why I loved Kate).

I'm buying a house later this year so I'm done with any app-o-rama's for now. I'm just trying to do 2 things: One, get my 30k on British Airways so I can get the companion pass (15k left to go) and two, max my Citi Dividend drug store category starting in April. Those and the occasional Staples Ink deals will get me through the year. That's not too much to ask from this new MO world, is it?
Old Feb 1, 2016, 9:56 pm

I use these new Chase ATM's that accept MO's. It's really great since I generally despise talking to people (it's why I loved Kate).

I'm buying a house later this year so I'm done with any app-o-rama's for now. I'm just trying to do 2 things: One, get my 30k on British Airways so I can get the companion pass (15k left to go) and two, max my Citi Dividend drug store category starting in April. Those and the occasional Staples Ink deals will get me through the year. That's not too much to ask from this new MO world, is it?
Pay ur deposit with MOs. The mortgage company may decrease ur rate ;-)
Old Feb 2, 2016, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
On MoneyGram, there is: Pay to the order of, purchaser/signer for drawer,address and on the back Payee's endorsement. So in this case, there is no way for the bank to find who purchased it, correct? because you can sign in purchaser field and print your name in pay to the order of field.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 7:36 am

I think my SOs Huntington checking just got shutdown.

I lost online access to it, it won't even recognize the username & password, retrieving username doesn't do anything and when I went to ATM this morning for balance, it says the card doesn't support it.

When mine got shutdown last year, I at least got a notice that I will be shutdown.

For SOs, I haven't received anything and it's been at least 5 days since I lost online access.

I only deposited 2 MOs last month & 3 in December. I tried to mix it up last month by using it as ATM & depositing a regular check. I guess that wasn't good enough for a shutdown.

What should I do next? I have about 1k on the account that I can float.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.