Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2016, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: inY
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here. The previous 2015 megathread is here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx
Stopped taking applications August 24, 2016.

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( PROMO CODE NOT WORKING)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $200
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000

From Jan. 11, the maximum reload value will be $200 per week.
and the maximum initial load is $100.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $2,000
•Max spend per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

Visa Buxx(2016)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2016, 2:45 pm

anyone got this recently?

"Your order could not be completed. Please try again or change your payment method."

I added a new card (Ritz) and I can only seem to load it once. I did it once last week and once this week. I was able to fund my other cards with a different CC that I had previously added.

I'm curious if Chase is blocking it or if Buxx is doing it.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by runb4fun
anyone got this recently?

"Your order could not be completed. Please try again or change your payment method."

I added a new card (Ritz) and I can only seem to load it once. I did it once last week and once this week. I was able to fund my other cards with a different CC that I had previously added.

I'm curious if Chase is blocking it or if Buxx is doing it.
Did you hit your cash advance limit? It might not have reset.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 4:16 pm

Programs: SW, AS, UA, AA, Delta, Hilton, Hyatt, Club Carlson, SPG, IHG, Choice
Is there a list of CC that can be used? Wiki mentioned only citi cards to be coded as purchase..
Old Sep 14, 2016, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by desikid
Is there a list of CC that can be used? Wiki mentioned only citi cards to be coded as purchase..
I've used many different MasterCard and Visa cards and none of them has ever failed to code as purchase.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by chrisremo
I've used many different MasterCard and Visa cards and none of them has ever failed to code as purchase.

Many Visa card code as cash advance first, then convert back to purchase when post.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
Did you hit your cash advance limit? It might not have reset.
lowering cash advance limit to 0 or lower than $200 should fix it right?
Old Sep 15, 2016, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by runb4fun
lowering cash advance limit to 0 or lower than $200 should fix it right?
No. You must have a cash advance limit to cover what you are using. Loading Buxx uses your cash advance before it posts as a purchase. So if your cash advance is $200 and you load your Buxx, it will go to 0. When you try to load the next week it won't go through as your cash advance limit has not yet reset to $200.

Found this out the hard way. A few years back I thought my Buxx was dead but it was only a cash advance reset issue.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
No. You must have a cash advance limit to cover what you are using. Loading Buxx uses your cash advance before it posts as a purchase. So if your cash advance is $200 and you load your Buxx, it will go to 0. When you try to load the next week it won't go through as your cash advance limit has not yet reset to $200.

Found this out the hard way. A few years back I thought my Buxx was dead but it was only a cash advance reset issue.
cool thanks.

i've been using Buxx for months. I've probably ran Buxx through 7-8 cc and never had this issue. Had it not been for your reply I probably would have given up trying to load more than once on this particular card lol
Old Sep 19, 2016, 11:23 am

I have been funding with the same Chase BA card since March-ish, once a week. When I log into the Chase website, for today it shows the $202 pending, as well as a $202 reversal immediately following it. Is Chase blocking this?
Old Sep 19, 2016, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by ManImCool

I have been funding with the same Chase BA card since March-ish, once a week. When I log into the Chase website, for today it shows the $202 pending, as well as a $202 reversal immediately following it. Is Chase blocking this?
i have 2 a week scheduled on my BA, this week's went through as usual. I've only had it back on my BA card again for a couple weeks (did first $10k at beginning of year, mostly buxx). Have you run into any weekly or $$$ limits?
Old Sep 22, 2016, 8:52 pm

Can't access account

Today, when I tried to log on, instead of the Buxx login, it redirected me to a general Nationwide login page. I tried to login as a bank account, but my username and password didn't work. I then tried to use the monthly statement link on my email and was sent to a broken page. Anyone else have this problem? I'm worried because I have a lot of money on the cards.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by Justinlca
Today, when I tried to log on, instead of the Buxx login, it redirected me to a general Nationwide login page. I tried to login as a bank account, but my username and password didn't work. I then tried to use the monthly statement link on my email and was sent to a broken page. Anyone else have this problem? I'm worried because I have a lot of money on the cards.
Yes, for a couple days at least. You can search "buxx" on their site for the login link.
Or just go directly here.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 8:30 pm

Finally able to login. Computer only

Originally Posted by amazingjames
Yes, for a couple days at least. You can search "buxx" on their site for the login link.
Or just go directly here.
Today I was able to login again, but it''s still not working on mobile.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 1:01 pm

What about Navy Fed Buxx Card.. anyone ever used that? I just saw that they had one, and I thought might be interesting to see if there was a new MS method for me.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by vwks2006
What about Navy Fed Buxx Card.. anyone ever used that? I just saw that they had one, and I thought might be interesting to see if there was a new MS method for me.
Yes. However, NFCU stopped the earning of cc points around June last year for all of their prepaid products with direct cc funding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.