Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2016, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: inY
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here. The previous 2015 megathread is here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx
Stopped taking applications August 24, 2016.

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( PROMO CODE NOT WORKING)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $200
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000

From Jan. 11, the maximum reload value will be $200 per week.
and the maximum initial load is $100.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $2,000
•Max spend per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

Visa Buxx(2016)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2016, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by seahawksunite
why would you ask them if you can MS with their card ? Rookie mistake. Dont ruin it for the rest of us please.
You'll still be ok.
I did consider others when I asked. I'm in Japan (and this is the truth). I told them despite ATMs showing the Visa icon that they always spit the card back out without any ability to even enter the PIN. Not the case when I used it via multiple c/a in China. I had told them with Amex this has never happened (also true) and that I want the convenience of using Amex (BB) without having to go to 6 ATMs that have the visa logo and still simply refuse to even look at the card.

Last edited by scwam; Oct 16, 2016 at 1:09 am
Old Oct 16, 2016, 6:38 am

Programs: Several dozen
Finding the cheapest option to make required nonpin debit transactions is to buy a series of low value discounted gift cards online for a merchant where you can liquidate them in one fell swoop. Gift cards bought one by one in separate transactions to make the number necessary to bump the interest rate. RLAR if you need a number of associated credit card transactions to bump the rate even higher.

Originally Posted by msnut1
Isn't that rather expensive? since it costs $2 per load to Buxx, if you need to make 10 debit transactions, it would cost $20 per month. There are free options like Google wallet and Amazon reload that I use for this purpose.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 9:58 am

After the site redesign, now I'm unable to download statements for any of my teens. When I select the Statement link under each teen's name, it just calls up statements for the one card in my own name no matter what I do.

Edit- Disregard; it was my mistake. It used to be the teen's name that would show on the statement, but now it's only the parent's name that is displayed at the top. The only way to know which card the statement is for is to check the last 4 digits of the card number. Teen's name appears nowhere. I can't say I like that change.

Last edited by airstairfear; Oct 22, 2016 at 8:16 pm
Old Oct 18, 2016, 1:23 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
Originally Posted by scwam
You'll still be ok.
I did consider others when I asked. I'm in Japan (and this is the truth). I told them despite ATMs showing the Visa icon that they always spit the card back out without any ability to even enter the PIN. Not the case when I used it via multiple c/a in China. I had told them with Amex this has never happened (also true) and that I want the convenience of using Amex (BB) without having to go to 6 ATMs that have the visa logo and still simply refuse to even look at the card.
Have you tried 7-11 ATMs (7 Bank)? When I was in Japan last year, I had read that they were the only one that reliably worked with foreign ATM cards. Most only work with Japanese-issued cards.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by PHLisa
Have you tried 7-11 ATMs (7 Bank)? When I was in Japan last year, I had read that they were the only one that reliably worked with foreign ATM cards. Most only work with Japanese-issued cards.
Yes, I have just found this out in the past 2 days and they do work very well with no fee and 99.5% of Xe.com rate. Also I found out Japan Post ATM's work well too without fee and as little as $10 can be withdrawn. It's funny because those 7-11 atms have a phone on them where you can speak to a live English-speaking rep for assistance. Kind of funny being on a phone connected to an atm.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 9:11 am

If loading Serve with the card, is it limited to $200 a day?
Old Oct 21, 2016, 10:24 am

Programs: MR, UR, UA
Originally Posted by mulliganman30
$800 a week.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 9:45 am

Were you able to load Serve with NW?
Old Oct 22, 2016, 1:41 pm

I can't delete existing CC under new NW site. Anyone have issue? Using Chrome...
Old Oct 22, 2016, 3:13 pm

Programs: MR, UR, UA
Originally Posted by chongwj8
I can't delete existing CC under new NW site. Anyone have issue? Using Chrome...
I had some serious problems navigating the site in Firefox this morning but it worked fine in MS Edge, FWIW..
Old Oct 22, 2016, 5:52 pm

Just did it now. Had changed address recently also and loaded just to make sure it works.

It does.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 7:13 pm

Are you having trouble finding where to delete the CC, or are you trying and the website won't go through with it?
Old Oct 22, 2016, 9:57 pm

I'm using Mac.. FYI Safari worked but not Chrome & FF.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 8:55 am

if you're w/d via atm, limit is $200, but if you're pushing funds to other PPcards, it's $800 since it's considered a "purchase".
Old Oct 23, 2016, 12:18 pm

Their site is being really glitchy for me, using Mac with Safari. Was able, after repeated tries, to get my funding accounts changed, along with scheduled funds, the other day. Was unable to log into my wife's account for a day or two and then finally logged in, any time I try to delete a funding account or scheduled funding, it just goes to their pop up informing me of the recent changes. Very frustrating...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.