Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2016, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: inY
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here. The previous 2015 megathread is here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx
Stopped taking applications August 24, 2016.

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( PROMO CODE NOT WORKING)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $200
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000

From Jan. 11, the maximum reload value will be $200 per week.
and the maximum initial load is $100.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $2,000
•Max spend per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

Visa Buxx(2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2016, 9:19 pm

Does anyone have any experience with withdrawing from an ATM not in the state the teen is registered in? I put the address for the teen in my current location, but I'm moving in a month and I'd prefer to not register for another card. It seems like you cannot edit the address of the teen online and I'd prefer to not call CS to change it.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 3:14 am

My address was recently changed, and I can no longer make a debit payment to Citi because of an address verification error. Addresses on my Citi and NW Buxx accounts are EXACTLY the same! Any experience or suggestion?
Old Jul 16, 2016, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by hsmama
I have 2 'declined' slips in my hand,ugh.so now I can't do anything at all while I wait I guess.
Anyone at all?..... I have little experience using atm's at walgreens,and haven't encountered an issue like this at my 'ordinary' atm stops..... looking for experience with buxx actually siding with me? or not?
Old Jul 16, 2016, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Angry

Originally Posted by raycosm
Anyone have luck getting an Allpoint fee refunded? I tried out a new Allpoint ATM Monday that charged be a $3 fee. I saw that there's a form to fill out when you get incorrectly charged an Allpoint fee here http://allpointnetwork.com/refund.aspx but I submitted my request Monday and still haven't heard back. I don't know how the online banking people can deal with only having access to Allpoint, it seems like every other one charges you a fee when it's not supposed to.
Update on this: been too busy at work to call during their business hours but I've left several voicemails calling after hours and submitted a request online again. No replies, no confirmations, nothing. I have to remind myself to call during business hours (9AM - 5PM Eastern) to get an actual person, but I have to say that you shouldn't risk it if the ATM says it will charge a fee, because even though you're NOT supposed to be charged a fee and Allpoint is supposed to refund the fee within 1 business day if you ask, good luck trying to actually get your refund.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by vulk
Does anyone have any experience with withdrawing from an ATM not in the state the teen is registered in? I put the address for the teen in my current location, but I'm moving in a month and I'd prefer to not register for another card. It seems like you cannot edit the address of the teen online and I'd prefer to not call CS to change it.
while on vacay, I found a WM in orlando with a working kate. I loaded 3 buxx cards and w/d not even thinking it might get flagged since I'm out of state. I drained all 3 and paid no fees. Thinking back, since I loaded and drained at the same zip, that's probably why it went through.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 8:28 pm

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Glob: CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by mizzou1
My address was recently changed, and I can no longer make a debit payment to Citi because of an address verification error. Addresses on my Citi and NW Buxx accounts are EXACTLY the same! Any experience or suggestion?
Citi has to internally update the address they have on file for your debit card. After that it will work fine.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear
while on vacay, I found a WM in orlando with a working kate.
Onward to Orlando!
Old Jul 17, 2016, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear
while on vacay, I found a WM in orlando with a working kate. I loaded 3 buxx cards and w/d not even thinking it might get flagged since I'm out of state. I drained all 3 and paid no fees. Thinking back, since I loaded and drained at the same zip, that's probably why it went through.
Awesome! I am just loading online and unloading at ATMs. I'm not sure if it would matter but I could just not unload here, and wait until I'm at my new address. Does anyone else have experience with unloading out of state?
Old Jul 17, 2016, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by vulk
Awesome! I am just loading online and unloading at ATMs. I'm not sure if it would matter but I could just not unload here, and wait until I'm at my new address. Does anyone else have experience with unloading out of state?
I just did this at an out-of-state CVS last week. Worked fine on all 4 cards.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by uppereastsider
Any allpoint ATM at CVS or 7-11 has been fee free for me.

http://www.allpointnetwork.com/locator.aspx - This is a good resource to finding allpoint atms in the city, or well anywhere
Thanks. This is for NW Buxx?
Any indication on the ATM tell you it's free? Because the CVS ones I've been to have had surcharge.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 9:14 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by psykopath515
Thanks. This is for NW Buxx?
Any indication on the ATM tell you it's free? Because the CVS ones I've been to have had surcharge.
Yup, for NW Buxx. The ones in CVS I've used are the Santander ones. I go through the option to withdraw 200 and am never asked to confirm a fee. The transaction history on NW Buxx's only shows 200 being taken out and no other fees.

I've had success with the ones listed as "Cardtronics CCS" on the NW Buxx transaction history page
Old Jul 18, 2016, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by uppereastsider
Yup, for NW Buxx. The ones in CVS I've used are the Santander ones. I go through the option to withdraw 200 and am never asked to confirm a fee. The transaction history on NW Buxx's only shows 200 being taken out and no other fees.

I've had success with the ones listed as "Cardtronics CCS" on the NW Buxx transaction history page
Great, thanks for your help!
Old Jul 21, 2016, 11:09 pm

Hey Everyone anybody load with Virgin Atlantic card with success?
Old Jul 24, 2016, 8:21 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, United Gold
has anyone tried loading with the new fidelity visa card issued by elan financial services? just want to confirm that it posts as purchase not CA. thanks
Old Jul 24, 2016, 11:00 pm

NW Buxx - try to add funding source

1. tried to add a Bank of America small business credit card -- failed
2. tried to add a giftcardmall.com VGC - failed
3. tried to add a Fidelity Visa (elan) - success.

anyone know why 1 & 2 failed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.