Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2016, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: inY
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here. The previous 2015 megathread is here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx
Stopped taking applications August 24, 2016.

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( PROMO CODE NOT WORKING)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $200
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000

From Jan. 11, the maximum reload value will be $200 per week.
and the maximum initial load is $100.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $2,000
•Max spend per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

Visa Buxx(2016)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2016, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by steveo345
Still no go as well for me.
hey bud, I was finally able to add mine up. I almost went the Venmo route. 1% net loss wouldn't have been too bad, especially considering Barclay has shutdown folks for Buxx loads.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by runb4fun
hey bud, I was finally able to add mine up. I almost went the Venmo route. 1% net loss wouldn't have been too bad, especially considering Barclay has shutdown folks for Buxx loads.
Thanks for the update! Good to hear it finally works. Also thanks for the heads up about Barclays shutting you down for Buxx. Like you, I will probably still try it.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by scotty00
With the site redesign, I can't see where to change the PINs for the Nationwide Buxx. Anyone have any ideas? Is it maybe possible over the phone?
Anyone figure this out? I clicked to every profile page I could find a link to. I'm guessing it must be by phone now.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by princesakura
Anyone figure this out? I clicked to every profile page I could find a link to. I'm guessing it must be by phone now.
No new cards being issued but in case you got a card recently for any reason, here's how to create the PIN for ATM withdrawals. Just call the number on the back of the card, choose option 2 identifying yourself as the teen cardholder, enter the full card number when prompted, followed by DOB, then security code. Then, you'll be presented with a list of options including to create the PIN with double confirmation. No need to speak to a rep!
Old Nov 5, 2016, 12:21 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by princesakura
No new cards being issued but in case you got a card recently for any reason, here's how to create the PIN for ATM withdrawals. Just call the number on the back of the card, choose option 2 identifying yourself as the teen cardholder, enter the full card number when prompted, followed by DOB, then security code. Then, you'll be presented with a list of options including to create the PIN with double confirmation. No need to speak to a rep!
Thank you!
Old Nov 9, 2016, 10:02 am

Delete. NW buxx site working. My connection was bad.

Last edited by msiamsia; Nov 9, 2016 at 12:17 pm
Old Nov 12, 2016, 7:39 am

Did anyone figure out how add/delete funding source, everytime i try it gives me the message they have on the home page. thank you
Old Nov 12, 2016, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by ninim2200
Did anyone figure out how add/delete funding source, everytime i try it gives me the message they have on the home page. thank you
Worked for me last night to remove and add a new card. Just go to "add funds" for one of the teens then delete a card and add a card. You'll have to first delete any scheduled funding using a card to be removed though.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by runb4fun
Have to meet $2500/ month spend on my aviator for the next 6 months and was planning on doing @$600 a month on Buxx.
Should I worry about a shutdown?
Old Nov 12, 2016, 9:47 am

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
Have to meet $2500/ month spend on my aviator for the next 6 months and was planning on doing @$600 a month on Buxx.
Should I worry about a shutdown?
Yes, you should worry.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66
Yes, you should worry.
Is any amount "safe" with Barclay's?

Which bank's cards don't get as scrutinized?

I don't MS much just a little to meet my minimum spends or bonus offers. I did use Barclays last year for this same bonus but only sporadically.

Thanks for any advice. I'd hate to lose Barclays as I have 3 anniversary bonus aviators.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
Is any amount "safe" with Barclay's?

Which bank's cards don't get as scrutinized?

I don't MS much just a little to meet my minimum spends or bonus offers. I did use Barclays last year for this same bonus but only sporadically.

Thanks for any advice. I'd hate to lose Barclays as I have 3 anniversary bonus aviators.
I've been using several different Chase cards to load $2400/month to 3 buxx cards, with no issues.

Sapphire Preferred, Sapphire Reserve, SouthWest Plus, SouthWest Premier. I've used all of them with Buxx and never had a problem.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by Will Ryan
I've been using several different Chase cards to load $2400/month to 3 buxx cards, with no issues.

Sapphire Preferred, Sapphire Reserve, SouthWest Plus, SouthWest Premier. I've used all of them with Buxx and never had a problem.
Thanks. Marriott, ink and BA have been my usual cards of choice. When the limits were higher I was able to spend my husband up to Marriott gold.

I just need to make a spend on my aviator. I did check back on my last year's statements and I did load for 6 months using my other aviator.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 11:27 am

NM wrong post

Last edited by qazwsx; Nov 20, 2016 at 11:46 am
Old Nov 21, 2016, 1:26 pm

Anyone else having trouble loading their Buxx cards with Chase? I haven't been able to load it with my Chase BA card. Gives me an error. On my Chase account, it immediately shows the $202 charge and then a $202 reversal after I try to load.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.