Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2016, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: inY
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here. The previous 2015 megathread is here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx
Stopped taking applications August 24, 2016.

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( PROMO CODE NOT WORKING)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $200
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000

From Jan. 11, the maximum reload value will be $200 per week.
and the maximum initial load is $100.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $2,000
•Max spend per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

Visa Buxx(2016)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2016, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by santokiya
Anyone else having trouble loading their Buxx cards with Chase? I haven't been able to load it with my Chase BA card. Gives me an error. On my Chase account, it immediately shows the $202 charge and then a $202 reversal after I try to load.
No problem with my Sapphire Reserve.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by chrisremo
No problem with my Sapphire Reserve.
Ahh I'm stupid. I recently moved and updated my Chase address but didn't update my address for my card on the Buxx site, which was causing the problem. Was worried there for a bit, as I need the Buxx loads to hit my BA bonus.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 5:32 pm

Anyone tried Add Family & Friends to use your family member's credit card as a funding source?
Old Nov 28, 2016, 12:33 pm

Has anyone had any luck recently with Arrival+? I just tried to add, NW website gives me an error or sometimes will just time out. $0.00 auth on the card.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by darkice81
Has anyone had any luck recently with Arrival+? I just tried to add, NW website gives me an error or sometimes will just time out. $0.00 auth on the card.
Added a new A+ last week, worked fine.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 2:44 am

Programs: One Pass, BAEC, AA
Check the format of the address Barclays is using. In my case, instead of my address being, say 118 Main Street, it was Main Street 118.

So Visabuxx would not let me add Arrival if I used 118 Main Street - but then no problem adding when I used Main Street 118.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by forextrader
Check the format of the address Barclays is using. In my case, instead of my address being, say 118 Main Street, it was Main Street 118.

So Visabuxx would not let me add Arrival if I used 118 Main Street - but then no problem adding when I used Main Street 118.
Thank you for the advice. This was the first thing i checked yesterday, though. Oddly enough, barclaycard had my apartment number in the street address field, and my street address in the "address 2" line. I switched them back so it looked right. I just checked again today, and they've reverted to the initial incorrect placement! So weird.

Buxx loading still fails regardless of how i input the address (did it the incorrect way with my apartment in the first address line, and also swapped it).
Old Nov 30, 2016, 12:22 pm

Thank you for the advice. This was the first thing i checked yesterday, though. Oddly enough, barclaycard had my apartment number in the street address field, and my street address in the "address 2" line. I switched them back so it looked right. I just checked again today, and they've reverted to the initial incorrect placement! So weird.

Buxx loading still fails regardless of how i input the address (did it the incorrect way with my apartment in the first address line, and also swapped it).
Hi all, reporting back. Was able to add my Arrival+ today as a funding method with no problems. I think the site itself was just having IT issues when i tried to add it yesterday.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is anyone else having a problem loading funds to their Nationwide Buxx accounts? When I go to their website to load funds, I get the "prom dress picture" which says that Nationwide has suspended sales of Buxx cards, but that I can use and load my existing ones. But then it doesn't let me continue to the page where you can do the loading.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by iahphx
Is anyone else having a problem loading funds to their Nationwide Buxx accounts? When I go to their website to load funds, I get the "prom dress picture" which says that Nationwide has suspended sales of Buxx cards, but that I can use and load my existing ones. But then it doesn't let me continue to the page where you can do the loading.
Same here. I'm trying to change my funding card, and there seems to be nowhere to do it.

A lot of the functions seem to be blocked or non-functional, like changing your login password. Bad sign?
Old Dec 3, 2016, 10:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA gold, A3 gold
Yup having the same issue as I was about to reload some cards. Hoping it's just some weekend maintenance... was able to load just a few days ago.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 11:04 am

Programs: AA
I had this several days ago. I logged out, deleted all cookies from the Visa prepaid domain, logged back in, and was fine.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by chrisremo
I had this several days ago. I logged out, deleted all cookies from the Visa prepaid domain, logged back in, and was fine.
Thanks...I didn't delete my cookies, but I did use a different browser and it worked. Weird though...Wouldn't work on Firefox, which is the browser I normally use. I tried Chrome, which I never use with NW Buxx, and it wouldn't work. I tried IE, which I never use for anything, and it worked fine.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 11:57 am

Programs: Southwest A-list & Companion Pass, Enterprise, Hilton, Wyndham, etc
I had no problem adding funds a few minutes ago using Chrome
Old Dec 3, 2016, 12:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
added a new funding source and tried to add funds when i get the message:
"This function is temporarily unavailable while your account is under review." is it the end of the line for this account? i haven't used it in 5-6 months and this is the first new card i've added since then too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.