Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kroger Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2014, 11:06 am

Programs: WN CP, WN A-List Preferred, AS MVPG 75k, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by knopfler
How about getting kroger gift cards for 20% off and using them for gas with the $1 off per gallon...is that possible? Now that would be interesting!
While I don't know of a way to get 20% off, it is possible to get 5-10% off Kroger gift cards on top of credit card rewards.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 6:18 pm

I bought 2x$500 VGCs and the $5 printed. No fuel points.

It is good for our Bank of A cards that earn bonus on grocery. I guess it helps the blue cash cards too...preferred or the old blue.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
Actually bought 2 $500 VGC and got the $5 Coupon in the DFW Area. Had no clue why I got it.

Bought another $1000 GC and got that coupon again - I though this might be a benefit of shopping more than $1000

I guess now I know. Need to buy quite a few before 4/22
Originally Posted by mile ho
Bought 2x500 VGCs today and no coupon in DFW. So I'm not sure. Anyone want to weigh in on this?
Old Apr 15, 2014, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
VGC do qualify - I have bought 2 $500 VGC for a total of $1000 twice and have received the $5off each time

Originally Posted by BigB985
Variable Cards do not qualify. I tried them this morning and then read the terms and they don't qualify according to the flyer in the store.

On another note I have done 2 other transactions with 2x $100 Visa GC with the same shopper card at the same location and received a $5 off next purchase coupon each time.

A question I have is will I be able to use both these $5 off coupons on one transaction? Or will I have to split the 2 coupons up over 2 transactions? Thanks for any help.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by filelover
VGC do qualify - I have bought 2 $500 VGC for a total of $1000 twice and have received the $5off each time
I should have posted an update. My first purchase it did not print out on. Since then I have got it everytime with the VGC. I have not gone back to the location it did not print out at though so YMMV depending on location.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 11:42 am

It is difficult to find Kroger GC at non-Kroger stores

Originally Posted by TheChallenge
While I don't know of a way to get 20% off, it is possible to get 5-10% off Kroger gift cards on top of credit card rewards.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 7:37 am

Offer ended yesterday?
Old Apr 20, 2014, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by godsquare
Offer ended yesterday?
No, it was still alive on 4/19/2014 (at a Ralphs store at least, in California). A sign in the store says it ends 4/22/2014.
The sign says it excludes variable load gift cards, but as reported here recently, they do work.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 12:21 am

yeah, it's thru the 22nd- dies the same day as the Safeway $10 coupon for buying a MC GC.

for only a $5 coupon, this is REALLY being hit hard in IAH. many stores completely cleaned out of the 20-500 variable VGC. last time kroger ran a promo it was a better deal than this and supply of cards was zero issue. perhaps this shows the aftermath of VR's death @ cvs, as this is a 30% savings vs VGC's @ cvs.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
yeah, it's thru the 22nd- dies the same day as the Safeway $10 coupon for buying a MC GC.

for only a $5 coupon, this is REALLY being hit hard in IAH. many stores completely cleaned out of the 20-500 variable VGC. last time kroger ran a promo it was a better deal than this and supply of cards was zero issue. perhaps this shows the aftermath of VR's death @ cvs, as this is a 30% savings vs VGC's @ cvs.
I went to two stores today in the Memorial area and they only had some MCs left. Those $5 slips have been printing like crazy!
Old Apr 21, 2014, 7:16 pm

In the Seattle area, no coupon at Fred Meyer (tried twice). Still had success at QFC.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 2:31 pm

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Just squeeked in on this one Saturday. My ride from airport was late, hung out at the USO (very nice), found out my bag had not made it and needed to hang around the area because my bag was inbound on next flight. After being picked up, swung into the K.

Bought the two GCs and got the catalina.
Old May 6, 2014, 9:25 pm

Billpay at Kroger

Overheard something about "new billpay" terminals while paying a WU bill at my local Kroger. Apparently CheckFreePay is coming. It's not yet live at my store but they have new terminals to accommodate. I was told they will be rolling this out to the larger stores. No idea if the payees or fees will be the same as WM, but they said Visa/MC was on the payee list.
Old May 6, 2014, 9:28 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Thanks for the info. I wish I had more of these (only have Harris Teeter) near me.
Old May 6, 2014, 9:33 pm

It is in my store but check and cash only

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.