Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kroger Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2014, 7:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by Delta2010
So does this mean - do we have to buy a VGC now to get a coupon that will be valid from 04/09-04/22? or can we just buy 2 VGCs from 04/09-04/22 and it will apply the coupon automatically?
GC's purchased between 4/9-4/22. The coupon will be for $5 off a future purchase, but cannot be used for GC's, alcohol, cigarettes, etc.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 7:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by knopfler
Did they ban you because they visually saw that you were buying a bunch or because they tracked your purchases on your Kroger card?
It was the DL scan, apparently we showed up on their printout and the unusually high amounts got the mgr's attn.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by MauiKauaiOahu
I got one today in Utah at Smiths(Kroger owned)
What did you get? Was it a $5 coupon or just the notice of the up coming promotion?
Old Mar 31, 2014, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by skibum7732
It was the DL scan, apparently we showed up on their printout and the unusually high amounts got the mgr's attn.
What's the GC trigger level at Kroger for the scan?
Old Mar 31, 2014, 11:00 am
wcj

Originally Posted by GTFan
Around here, get my DL scanned for $100 and that was a BB GC.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Gold 1MM ,Hyatt Explorist,Marriott Platinum,HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by GTFan
I believe its more than $75....you can always test it using the self check out machines.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 10:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Wait a minute.. With Variable GCs, we save a dollar when compared to buying VRs.. $6.9 fee for $1000 factoring the $5 coupon as real cash which not really is since Kroger's prices are 20% more than Walmart or Costco and that compensates the $1 savings.. I guess I am gonna pass.. Yeah, CVS is dead but thats not end of world..
Old Mar 31, 2014, 11:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by slickpokerdealer
Wait a minute.. With Variable GCs, we save a dollar when compared to buying VRs.. $6.9 fee for $1000 factoring the $5 coupon as real cash which not really is since Kroger's prices are 20% more than Walmart or Costco and that compensates the $1 savings.. I guess I am gonna pass.. Yeah, CVS is dead but thats not end of world..
Kroger does run decent sales on certain items and is where we buy most of our meat anyway. There are cc's out there that offer grocery store bonuses, when combined with this become quite lucrative.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 1:32 pm

Is this deal regional or national? I couldn't find it in the Weekly Ad for my local store
Old Apr 9, 2014, 1:48 pm

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
Originally Posted by adminds
Is this deal regional or national? I couldn't find it in the Weekly Ad for my local store
Bought 2x500 VGCs today and no coupon in DFW. So I'm not sure. Anyone want to weigh in on this?
Old Apr 9, 2014, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by mile ho
Bought 2x500 VGCs today and no coupon in DFW. So I'm not sure. Anyone want to weigh in on this?
The same in Indiana.

Do we need to scan our shopper card to get the coupon?
Old Apr 9, 2014, 2:30 pm

Variable Cards do not qualify. I tried them this morning and then read the terms and they don't qualify according to the flyer in the store.

On another note I have done 2 other transactions with 2x $100 Visa GC with the same shopper card at the same location and received a $5 off next purchase coupon each time.

A question I have is will I be able to use both these $5 off coupons on one transaction? Or will I have to split the 2 coupons up over 2 transactions? Thanks for any help.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 2:33 pm

Programs: Hilton C, Marriott Pt, Delta Pt
The in-store ad says the variable cards are excluded from this deal. So the next best thing is the $100 Visa/MC.

This deal doesn't scale unless you need a lot of gas/grocery next two months. Or you're in an area where $2off/gallon is allowed.

I did buy a couple of $100 Visas since you earn 4x fuel pts on those as well. The $5 Catalina coupon I received has the expiration date of 4/23 so about 2 weeks from the time of purchase.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 4:58 pm

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Aww, this is too bad

When I first read the thread title, I thought something like, "time to go ahead and make my DD an authorized user on my 5% bonus CC".

But, if the variable card doesn't qualify, and the highest GC denomination is $100, um, thatsa not good.

2 x $100 GCs + $11.90 = 211.90 - 5% ($10.60) just to receive a $5 catalina good on future purchase seems like an investment with a paltry result. Unless, of course, you shop at Kroger regularly and they double coupons or something.

Just read previous post about fuel points included. Really? Well, then maybe the result gets a better grade that I first thought.

At least, regular Kroger shoppers can plan their fuel points for the proposed gas cost increase.

Last edited by jan_believes; Apr 9, 2014 at 6:03 pm
Old Apr 9, 2014, 5:03 pm

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Originally Posted by BigB985
Variable Cards do not qualify. I tried them this morning and then read the terms and they don't qualify according to the flyer in the store.

On another note I have done 2 other transactions with 2x $100 Visa GC with the same shopper card at the same location and received a $5 off next purchase coupon each time.

A question I have is will I be able to use both these $5 off coupons on one transaction? Or will I have to split the 2 coupons up over 2 transactions? Thanks for any help.
I don't know the answer to your question. Seems like it would be nice to have both honored at one time. But, I did want to say:

Welcome to Flyertalk!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.