Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

loyal3 free stock trades with credit/debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 10, 2014, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MasterCharge
Limits

As of November 20th, 2014, Loyal3 does not allows purchases of $10, $25 and $50 with a credit card.

Maximum purchase generally limited to $10,000 per IPO and $2,500 per month per non-IPO stock.
No Cash Advance:
Bank of America Virgin Atlantic
Bank of America Alaska Air
Barclaycard Arrival
Capital One (All Cards)
Citi Platinum AAdvantage Visa
Chase Hyatt
Chase Freedom
Chase Marriott
Chase Sapphire Preferred
Chase United MileagePlus Explorer
Chase United Business
US Bank Flex Perks

Cash Advance:
*Data Needed

Placing Orders

- Make sure when you place an order, the funding source is selected as your CC and not the Checking account that it defaults too. Loyal3 won't cancel the buy order, and some have suggested the only way is to put a stop on the amount by contacting your bank.

Current Stocks Available for Trade

*A total of sixty-two (62) as of 10/14/2014
  1. NASDAQ: FOX
  2. NASDAQ: AMZN
  3. NASDAQ: AAPL
  4. NASDAQ: ATVI
  5. NASDAQ: BWLD
  6. NASDAQ: DISCA
  7. NASDAQ: DNKN
  8. NASDAQ: EA
  9. NASDAQ: EIGI
  10. NASDAQ: FB
  11. NASDAQ: FTR
  12. NASDAQ: GPRO
  13. NASDAQ: GOOGL
  14. NASDAQ: HAS
  15. NASDAQ: INTC
  16. NASDAQ: KRFT
  17. NASDAQ: MAT
  18. NASDAQ: MSFT
  19. NASDAQ: MDLZ
  20. NASDAQ: MNST
  21. NASDAQ: PLAY
  22. NASDAQ: SBUX
  23. NASDAQ: VIAB
  24. NASDAQ: YHOO
  25. NYSE: GLOB
  26. NYSE: AMC
  27. NYSE: ANF
  28. NYSE: ARO
  29. NYSE: AEO
  30. NYSE: BABA
  31. NYSE: BUD
  32. NYSE: BRK.B
  33. NYSE: BBY
  34. NYSE: BKW
  35. NYSE: KO
  36. NYSE: DIS
  37. NYSE: DPS
  38. NYSE: GPS
  39. NYSE: HSY
  40. NYSE: HUBS
  41. NYSE: KATE
  42. NYSE: K
  43. NYSE: KSS
  44. NYSE: LB
  45. NYSE: M
  46. NYSE: MCD
  47. NYSE: NKE
  48. NYSE: NOK
  49. NYSE: PVH
  50. NYSE: PEP
  51. NYSE: ZQK
  52. NYSE: RL
  53. NYSE: SC
  54. NYSE: TGT
  55. NYSE: TWX
  56. NYSE: TRUP
  57. NYSE: TWTR
  58. NYSE: UL
  59. NYSE: VFC
  60. NYSE: WMT
  61. NYSE: WWE
  62. NYSE: YUM

IPO's for Trade Now

Print Wikipost

loyal3 free stock trades with credit/debit card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2014, 3:36 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
I don't think we are talking about professional investors here. Just trying to talk someone out of something they think is an easy 2% min. profit.

You set the stops/limits up in advance in case something happens and the stock drops quickly and you want out.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
I don't think we are talking about professional investors here. Just trying to talk someone out of something they think is an easy 2% min. profit.

You set the stops/limits up in advance in case something happens and the stock drops quickly and you want out.
Like has been mentioned here already, while you can't book stops/limits on loyal3, nothing is stopping you from buying options on your other accounts to hedge against losses.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

I use stockcharts.com to get a feel of if a stock is under/over valued.

If you check out aapl, its at the top of its range right now, if it goes back down near its 200 day moving average(around 509), I would look to buy. 516-520 also seems like a place where its bottomed out a few times.

Sense most people using loyal3 for MS are not going to be in a stock that long, you want to pay more attention to the technicals. I pick my stocks on good fundamentals but when I buy has to do more with technicals.

I am far from an expert, this is just how I trade.

You could also use dollar cost averaging to mitigate risk a bit.
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/...taveraging.asp

or just buy 50 bucks of each of the stocks on offer, so you create your own fund of sorts.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 5:05 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Originally Posted by hamhead
Originally Posted by heyeaglefn

Like has been mentioned here already, while you can't book stops/limits on loyal3, nothing is stopping you from buying options on your other accounts to hedge against losses.
Way too much effort for 2%.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 5:29 pm

Ah goddammit! So I place an order today for $2500 for BRK, and I completely missed the part where it said it will charge my checking account. Order placed, I realize my mistake immediately, call them up, they said they will cancel it and send me an email.

30 mins later they email saying they can't, because selecting a wrong source of payment is not valid reason enough. This is so ....ing stupid. I find it ridiculous that the order cannot be canceled being that I tried to contact support within a few minutes of the order being placed. Coupled with the fact that the buy order does not execute the moment I place my order, and that it happens a few days later, this reasoning seems even more inane to me. Now I wanna know what exactly is a valid reason for canceling the order, because they say that they do, "in certain circumstances".

I set up a checking account which I don't use for my daily expenses, and have very little money in. Sure it has overdraft protection linked to a point earning credit card, but I don't even know how that will work.

So anyway, just a heads up to you guys, make sure you select the right payment source when you're executing your order!
Old Apr 24, 2014, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by crimsonred
Ah goddammit! So I place an order today for $2500 for BRK, and I completely missed the part where it said it will charge my checking account. Order placed, I realize my mistake immediately, call them up, they said they will cancel it and send me an email.

30 mins later they email saying they can't, because selecting a wrong source of payment is not valid reason enough. This is so ....ing stupid. I find it ridiculous that the order cannot be canceled being that I tried to contact support within a few minutes of the order being placed. Coupled with the fact that the buy order does not execute the moment I place my order, and that it happens a few days later, this reasoning seems even more inane to me. Now I wanna know what exactly is a valid reason for canceling the order, because they say that they do, "in certain circumstances".

I set up a checking account which I don't use for my daily expenses, and have very little money in. Sure it has overdraft protection linked to a point earning credit card, but I don't even know how that will work.

So anyway, just a heads up to you guys, make sure you select the right payment source when you're executing your order!
same thing happened to me, put a stop payment on the amount of the trade, worked fine.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 8:33 pm

Ah goddammit! So I place an order today for $2500 for BRK, and I completely missed the part where it said it will charge my checking account
How 'bout updating wiki to include tips, shut down data points, etc? I specifically mentioned changing purchase method EVERY time you place an order a long time ago...
Old Apr 25, 2014, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by lakeshoredrive
same thing happened to me, put a stop payment on the amount of the trade, worked fine.
I also had to place a stop payment on my account which worked. This is what Loyal3 said to me:

Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, we are unable to cancel orders if there is an error in the funding method you've selected. When you create a buy order, you have the ability to select what account you would like the money to come out from. It is important that before every buy order to check and make sure that the funding method you select is correct. If you have any other questions about this matter please feel free to contact us at 855-256-9253.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 9:14 am

Easy solution. just empty out your bank account.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 2:49 pm

I tried this for about a week. I switched credit cards testing each at 50 bucks at a trime. My bank of america, Citi, Chase, and Barclays cards and Visa gift card all worked for points. When I was ready I came up with a plan to invest in 10,000. I would make 10,000 payment. I then purchased a second 10,000 on another credit card. The plan was to sell the original 10,000 on the same day the second 10,000 was going to go through. If you purchase during the open hours the trade should go through in two days. Off hours it takes 3 days. In all you figure stocks will be mixed some up some down and all you have to do is avoid being down by 2% total in the long haul.

However, after my second purchase, I was given a warning that they would watch my account. I went through with the sale of my first 10,000 but have been holding the second 10,000 in stock. I'm not sure where the limits are that will avoid detection but it is below that.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 2:59 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Investing in stocks is too risky for me, but my favorite local convenience store chain, QuikTrip, allows the purchase of lottery tickets on credit cards, so I figure I buy $10k worth of scratchers, cash them all in, and I'm set! It even counts as a gas station purchase on those cards with bonus for that category! I can't lose!
Old Apr 26, 2014, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by Beckles
Investing in stocks is too risky for me, but my favorite local convenience store chain, QuikTrip, allows the purchase of lottery tickets on credit cards, so I figure I buy $10k worth of scratchers, cash them all in, and I'm set! It even counts as a gas station purchase on those cards with bonus for that category! I can't lose!
Investing in stock is actually not risky if you spend a few hrs researching. whats risky is investing through loyal3. this is really a bs scam. why would anyone execute a trade now and have it fill 2-3 days later. who knows, loyal3 probably probably executed the trade same day and if it appreciated, they sell for a profit and buy again at the high to assign to your acct and vice versa for depreciating stocks. imo, i would advise all to stay away.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 12:37 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by Beckles
Beckles FTW! Thanks. I totally needed that laugh.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 8:30 am

I read through this thread, read the FAQs on Loyal3 and searched around and still had some questions regarding how this actually works. So I did a few test purchases and also spoke to a Loyal3 rep on the phone. Figured I'd share this info with everyone.

Here's how it works, using a made up example:

Monday: buy $2500 worth of GOOG @ $500/share on your favorite CC (5 shares)
Tuesday: wait
Wednesday: Payment complete, buy order initiated @ market price when Loyal 3 submits their batch order. If GOOG has dropped to $450, you have just purchased 5.55 shares. If the purchase goes through before 2pm EST, you can sell that same day. All sell orders placed before 2pm EST will be sold that afternoon.

I was told you are absolutely free to sell off anytime you want, even that same day. From what I've read, account shutdowns have happened with people doing large volumes (+$10k) within a short period of time.

I've made 3 purchases in a few days on my Citi AA Executive MC: two companies @ $2500 each and a third at $750, for a total of $5750. I'll update this if I have any issues, but for people who know what they're doing and don't mind a little risk, it seems like an easy way to meet the minimum spend.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 5:13 pm

I'm seeing a lot of name calling and anger and accusations, its really sad.

Are there risks? Of course. Just like you increase the odds of dying in a car accident by taking a trip to the store to PAY FEES to buy vr, but nobody has a problem with that, other than it no longer being available. Oh, and if you bought a vr and someone with a random number generator cashed it in....

Be smart, do research on ANY AND EVERY stock before you buy, and mitigate your risk by validating around 1330 eastern time that you are comfortable selling at the current price and you can virtually lock in your gains. Now a large volume mover like msft might be less effective for that but there are plenty of offerings on there that are less active during the trading day.

I'm stationed in Okinawa so there are no other feasible ms techniques other than ap. In the last five weeks my results:

7 total buys=17,500 aa miles
175,000 miles from that amount of initial spend
$700+ capital gains

Check my math but at one cent per mile that's about 2500 dollars gain. I haven't lost on a single transaction yet because I can float several thousand. Held eigi for about a month to avoid loss and all worked out just fine. That's not even taking into consideration that if you buy on your statement closing date for your cc, you have an entire billing cycle and payment cycle til that bill is due. I xferred into my Ameritrade and made HUNDREDS more not counted here (aka margin trading).

Say what you will, hell I'm HAPPY some of you are so opposed, keeps it around for me!
My only downside is 2pm eastern is my 3am. Totally screws my sleep pattern and at 36yrs old that hurts, but free money is free money, and I'm going to cash it in!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.