FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - loyal3 free stock trades with credit/debit card
Old Apr 24, 2014, 5:29 pm
crimsonred

Ah goddammit! So I place an order today for $2500 for BRK, and I completely missed the part where it said it will charge my checking account. Order placed, I realize my mistake immediately, call them up, they said they will cancel it and send me an email.

30 mins later they email saying they can't, because selecting a wrong source of payment is not valid reason enough. This is so ....ing stupid. I find it ridiculous that the order cannot be canceled being that I tried to contact support within a few minutes of the order being placed. Coupled with the fact that the buy order does not execute the moment I place my order, and that it happens a few days later, this reasoning seems even more inane to me. Now I wanna know what exactly is a valid reason for canceling the order, because they say that they do, "in certain circumstances".

I set up a checking account which I don't use for my daily expenses, and have very little money in. Sure it has overdraft protection linked to a point earning credit card, but I don't even know how that will work.

So anyway, just a heads up to you guys, make sure you select the right payment source when you're executing your order!