Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bikeguy
Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart money kiosks(2013-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2014, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by member7777
In a fantasy world, how muck money could you make charging FT $1 per money order with unlimited access?
omg
I've wondered the same thing about trying to get a reseller account with Vanilla/InComm/whoever to sell VRs.

I'm sure some of the more hardcore guys have already looked into how to acquire a gas station/Valero so they can sell themselves 500k in VRs without any suspicion...
Old Apr 14, 2014, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bu08usc11
I've wondered the same thing about trying to get a reseller account with Vanilla/InComm/whoever to sell VRs.

I'm sure some of the more hardcore guys have already looked into how to acquire a gas station/Valero so they can sell themselves 500k in VRs without any suspicion...
Old Apr 17, 2014, 4:46 pm

The MoneyCenter Express at my second favorite Wally World has been frozen on a Windows XP boot screen for two days straight. I know because I went in twice for about $6000 in MOs.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 5:20 pm

All of the Wallys near me removed the money order option off of their kiosks. I can still load to BB but the kiosk lost a lot of it's luster for me.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 6:12 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Yeah, does anyone know how to mute Kate? That ..... talks way too much

No but seriously, that vol control knob or what I assume is one, is a cruel joke. Just don't get the point of loud announcements of transactions at a freaking Walmart. With all kinda people watching/hearing -- things could get dicey with the wrong clientele eavesdropping.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by FTRox87
Yeah, does anyone know how to mute Kate? That ..... talks way too much

No but seriously, that vol control knob or what I assume is one, is a cruel joke. Just don't get the point of loud announcements of transactions at a freaking Walmart. With all kinda people watching/hearing -- things could get dicey with the wrong clientele eavesdropping.
You can't mute her, but as you noted, there is a volume control. You can turn it from "everyone within 1/4 mile will hear" to only "everyone within 200 feet will hear."
Old Apr 18, 2014, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Had an interesting interaction with kate today.

First Kate I encountered worked perfectly on the first 1K load, after that I kept getting, "For your protection, you will need addtional help...... blah blah blah" A supervisor came over made kate happy, and I used a different BB card, and on the first swipe of a $500 GV, got the same screen, same supervisor came over and made kate happy again. Left said WM and went to another one, was able to load the rest of my BB's with all but the two GC I used when kate got mad.... I'm going to wait 24 hours before trying to load the other two GC.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by Huzordaddy
The MoneyCenter Express at my second favorite Wally World has been frozen on a Windows XP boot screen for two days straight. I know because I went in twice for about $6000 in MOs.
How many cards allowed to pay for one MO? $6000 seems quite high to even split between 2 -4 cards.. Thanks
Old Apr 19, 2014, 9:58 am

Post Nothing to see here. Move along.

Originally Posted by susieling
How many cards allowed to pay for one MO? $6000 seems quite high to even split between 2 -4 cards.. Thanks
The usual 2MOs x $999.30, with split tender across 4 $500 OVs. Repeat as necessary.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Had an interesting interaction with kate today.

First Kate I encountered worked perfectly on the first 1K load, after that I kept getting, "For your protection, you will need addtional help...... blah blah blah" A supervisor came over made kate happy, and I used a different BB card, and on the first swipe of a $500 GV, got the same screen, same supervisor came over and made kate happy again. Left said WM and went to another one, was able to load the rest of my BB's with all but the two GC I used when kate got mad.... I'm going to wait 24 hours before trying to load the other two GC.
This just happened to me a few mins ago. Hopped online to see if there were new limits I didn't know about.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by Huzordaddy
The usual 2MOs x $999.30, with split tender across 4 $500 OVs. Repeat as necessary.
They allow you to do this without any dirty looks? Or calling the manager on you?
Old Apr 19, 2014, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP
For the first time I've seen locally, the Kates are enabled to process Money Orders here. Downside, the nine digit PIN bug.

Last edited by LoneTree; Apr 19, 2014 at 7:52 pm
Old Apr 19, 2014, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by LoneTree
For the first time I've seen locally, the Kates are enabled to process Money Orders here. Downside, the nine digit PIN bug.
What 9 digit PIN?
Old Apr 20, 2014, 7:15 am
wcj

Exactly. When Kate becomes sick, she becomes Karl and just like other men, she asks for things that she doesn't need or want like 9 digit PINs that don't exist, but continues to whine about those 9 digit PINs anyway to show how sick she is. Nothing you can do but hope she gets better in a hurry.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 9:51 am

My Kate works well for a while then she must get the flu or something for a day or so. Then she is back to her old self. When I first started talking to Kate a while back she was quite a grump but she must be on better meds now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.