Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa 'MyOffer' by Plusgrade [bidding for upgrade to PE, C & F]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2015, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
At checkin in SIN there was a sign offering Y+ upgrades at S$350 for SIN-FRA.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 1:22 am

Two bids on LH "myoffer" rejected

Tried the MyOffer feature for LH SIN-FRA and for FRA-SIN. Both bids at USD $210 ($10 above the min offer) rejected. The first flight wound up being canceled, but was hoping to get a seat on the leg back.

In both instances, the rejection e-mail came within 24 hours of the flight. Not sure if they accept offers on a rolling basis.

Wondering if the section is full or if the bid was just too low to be accepted.

Better luck next time!
Old Jul 2, 2015, 7:51 am

First my offer then Star Alliance upgrade

Hi,
Im currently booked in V class. If im successfull with my offer to E can I apply a Star Alliance upgrade to I on top of this to get my business class seat. Offcourse all pending space available. Flight looks wide open in all premium cabins.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 1:16 am

Programs: AA, AS, AC, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG
Originally Posted by Dragoflyer
Hi,
Im currently booked in V class. If im successfull with my offer to E can I apply a Star Alliance upgrade to I on top of this to get my business class seat. Offcourse all pending space available. Flight looks wide open in all premium cabins.
Obviously not
Old Jul 6, 2015, 1:30 am

Why is this obvious?

Last week when I had a booked E (booking class) class ticket I upgraded this to business 6h before departure (got I class on boarding card but I received my E class miles).

If my V ticket is upgraded to booking class E (via my offer) why would this ticket not be further upgrade able for Star Alliance miles?
Old Jul 6, 2015, 1:52 am

Programs: AA, AS, AC, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG
Doesn't work like that. LH system knows that you have already upgraded using MyOffer and they will not allow you to upgrade again by whatever means (be it Mileage Upgrade or e-Voucher).

However, if you really want to upgrade form Economy (V) to Business, why not directly upgrade with miles? LH allows direct upgrade from Economy to Business, you can skip PE class for upgrades.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 3:26 am

Thanks for your reply, that's too bad. I have plenty of SK Eurobonus miles that will work, but unfortunately they only work in Y and B booking class economy and premium economy booking classes on LH.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 7:12 pm

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond
Shanghai PVG to Frankfurt, today July 20th, seem like my bid of 270 USD (minimum bid 250) for premium economy went through when I check the booking status online.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 1:16 am

Programs: UA, TG, LH
Has anyone found an upgrade table that includes upgrades Eco to Eco+, which ticket class can be upgraded, and how many miles are needed? I just checked again and still only found the S* table at LH http://www.miles-and-more.com/mediap...a_46479406.PDF .

UA offers upgrades during electronic checkin or when I checked my seating and on board if seats are still available. Prices remained the same but varied with the routing IAD-FRA ~180US$ IAD-GIG ~160US$. UA E+ offers more legroom but thats all. My return seat on an exit row was freezing cold, like there was no or only insufficient insulation used.

During a recent FRA-IAD hop I wondered too, why LH-C was followed by a few E before LH placed the few E+ rows. The E+ seat remind me of older C-Seats. I flew the same routing with SK, which has similar seat comport.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 1:24 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by snn47
Has anyone found an upgrade table that includes upgrades Eco to Eco+, which ticket class can be upgraded, and how many miles are needed?

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...l=en&cid=18002

With the introduction of Premium Economy Class by Lufthansa the following upgrades are now possible on international Lufthansa flights to/from Germany:
Upgrade from Economy Class (B, Y) to Premium Economy Class:

20,000 miles: India, North America, Southern Africa

20,000 miles: Middle East, the Caucasus, North and Central Africa
25,000 miles: Central America, Caribbean, South America

30,000 miles: South-East Asia, Central Asia, Far East

Upgrade from Economy Class (H, M, Q, S, U, V, W) to Premium Economy Class:

30,000 miles: India, North America, Southern Africa
30,000 miles: Central America, Caribbean, South America
35,000 miles: South-East Asia, Central Asia, Far East
Upgrade from Premium Economy Class (G) to Business Class:

20,000 miles: India, North America, Southern Africa
25,000 miles: Central America, Caribbean, South America
30,000 miles: South-East Asia, Central Asia, Far East
Upgrade from Premium Economy Class (E) to Business Class:

30,000 miles: India, North America, Southern Africa
30,000 miles: Central America, Caribbean, South America
35,000 miles: South-East Asia, Central Asia, Far East
Upgrade with eVoucher:

From Economy Class to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
From Premium Economy to Business Class = 1 eVoucher

In addition, Premium Economy upgrades are also possible on a few international legs of Lufthansa intercontinental flights, provided that these flight legs are operated by Lufthansa.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 11:14 am

Lufthansa MyOffer Technical PROBLEM + Technical Support Incompetence

I'd like to preface this by praising Lufthansa. They are a beacon of German appreciation for competency. My encounter with their "technical support" line today was the antithesis of this however.

The MyOffer page is bug ridden and not working on any of my computers, using a variety of browsers. I tried emailing technical support and called the M&M and Reservations line and all told me to call the technical support line. What a joke this is.

I've attached here a copy of the complaint I just filed with Lufthansa Customer Relations.

Hello,

I am due to fly on Tuesday the 18th of August to Frankfurt and have been trying to use the MyOffer feature which is ridden with technical issues. I have emailed the Technical Support which told me to call M&M which told me to call the reservations line, which told me to call the Technical Support.

Finally I got on the phone with Technical Support, agent name: Andrea, who told me she was in a call centre in Ireland. This interaction has been the most frustrating and disappointing I have ever had with Lufthansa.

The agent did not know her way around the Lufthansa website and did not even know what I was talking about when I mentioned "myOffer". She told me if I want an upgrade to call the reservations line, to which I insisted for minutes to please let me speak to a manager (she refused) or someone who would at least know what this website feature is. Finally I walked her through the site and she found the myOffer page and proceeded to read me what the page says. She kept repeating the line about "you will find out 72 hours before your flight if you have received your upgrade".

Finally after insisting, I was able to tell Andrea that I have not been able to place my offer, and that this was the reason for my call! She was combative and rude, and told me that on her end everything is working so clearly there is no problem and that I need to just deal with it.

She refused to transfer me to a colleague, manager, or supervisor. She told me she had no manager and that there was no immediate supervisor she could put me in touch with.

This woman did not even know how to work the Lufthansa website and allegedly is a member of the technical support staff. Add to that incompetence that she does not even have the customer service or social skills to speak politely or competently to any customer and you will understand the disgusting call I had with this agent.

I am a returning customer to Lufthansa because of their emphasis on competence, and because of the consistently high level of service. Lufthansa costs significantly more than the competing airlines, but I return time and time again because they have proven themselves to me. This interaction with Andrea is threatening that trust however. I am deeply disappointed. I would like to simply use the myOffer feature and have spent hours trying to get help with the feature and all I have to show for it is a crushed spirit and great quantity of frustration. I expect more of Lufthansa.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 7:01 pm

Does anyone know how these are processed if the flight is booked as UA codeshare/ UA ticket stock?

Lets assume I have the LH PNR and can see the flights on "my booking"
Old Aug 15, 2015, 5:18 am

Considering the online MyOffer Upgrade to PE- starting price of $325 SIN to FRA, $375 FRA to SHanghai. Wondering how high to go. Any successful bids on these routes?
And how do you know what the minimum bid is? Is it the default position of the slider when entering MyOffer?

Last edited by EdFly; Aug 17, 2015 at 4:53 am
Old Aug 24, 2015, 2:09 pm

Programs: TK Elite, LH FTL
Successful bid for PE on LH 572

I recently flew FRA-JNB on LH 572, returning from ABV a few days later on LH 595. I used MyOffer to bid 200€ for a premium economy seat (my original fare class was S) and the offer cleared a few days before departure. Upon check-in, I was upgraded to business class, probably on account of my *G status and because the flight was clearly very full in coach. The return flight was already pretty full when I booked it (my fare class was B) and I was upgraded at the gate to business class, despite the fact that only my FTL card was in the system at that stage. I had looked at MyOffer for that flight as well, but since the bids for business class started at 480€ (no PE on that flight), I figured I might tempt fate and hope for an operational upgrade. In summary, I was very happy with MyOffer, despite the fact that I have still not actually flown Lufthansa's premium economy
Old Aug 25, 2015, 2:38 am

Seems you were lucky there, Arnur ^
I also have a €235 bid for JNB - FRA, I hope it will clear too. I don't have any status however, so not hoping for a bump to C.

A colleague of mine also recently bid on a FRA - EWR flight and it was accepted. However, Amex blocked the transaction so the upgrade didn't go trough. Funny side note: he has a Brussels Airlines Amex
I will call Amex just to make sure they don't block my upgrade too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.