Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH Premium Economy : Info from ITB, FT/VFT FAQ, and more

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2014, 3:15 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
you'll have to get the bulkhead row for the leg rest, though. If there are basinets there, hmmmm...
leg rest, foot rest...it's all the same...right?
Old Mar 6, 2014, 3:56 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by N1003U
leg rest, foot rest...it's all the same...right?
that was not my point, as you surely now. I'm worried about the fact that the best seats will be bulkheads due to the foot/leg rest, and this is the place where the bassinets usually go, too.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 4:28 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
that was not my point, as you surely now. I'm worried about the fact that the best seats will be bulkheads due to the foot/leg rest, and this is the place where the bassinets usually go, too.
That is an interesting point...it is particularly interesting in an environment where efforts are being made to extract even a little bit more revenue from "desirable" seats within the same cabin class....@:-)
Old Mar 6, 2014, 4:45 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
If you look at the seatmaps of 748i the obvious place for Premium Economy seats would be immediately behind the C cabin on the maindeck (replacing rows 16-20 of 8F/80C/298M configuration) or the front of the Y cabin including the exit row (21) of 8F/92C/262M configuration. Some people may be more concerned about losing the exit seats which are not Premium Economy seats.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
Part of the delay was attributed to the new Business Class rollout. LH did not want to risk losing too many people from the old biz to the new Y+. Now with the calendar set for all the aircraft to get new biz by middle of next year, there will be less and less old C to compete against the new Y+. Actually its almost a perfect overlap and transition. If theres anything to blame its perhaps being a bit late to launch new Biz, but a lot of that hinged on the 748 as well.
I guess they were more then happy to loose people to the competition, rather then their own product. Very smart.

Originally Posted by oliver2002
In fact the first 748 will be rolled out in October, but only go on sale starting December. So elites will be able to access E/CL for free for about 6 weeks @:-)
Seat only, or a premium service on board as well?
Old Mar 6, 2014, 5:06 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Seat only.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 5:35 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
This is a friendly reminder to stay on topic. OT posts will be deleted.

Have a nice day

totti
Moderator M&M forum
Old Mar 6, 2014, 5:38 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
I haven't had the time to go though all post so sorry if this has been asked and answered before. In the Q&As section the LH rep mentions that Y+ will earn 100% to 150% miles in M&M. Will there be any changes for P and Z fares then?
Old Mar 6, 2014, 5:42 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

No, P stays at 100%, Y at 150%, etc. Some journo specifically asked a detailled question about it and they said that mileage awarded is usually directly related to the fare paid and a G or Y base fare will/can/may be higher than a Z or P, hence the earning will stay.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 7:06 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Great points of view, FD1971

Originally Posted by FD1971

Flights to Asia are full, especially in the premium cabins, hence replacing some low yield passengers ex VCE with some high yield O&D Pax from Munich is the way to go.

Fare-wise, on the major routes to Asia, I do see Premium Y around Euro 1500-2000, excluding full flex fares, with some promo fares in the lower four digit range.

As pointed out before, for airlines like Lufthansa, so airlines able to sell flex fares, the revenue contribution in Y Flex should not be underestimated.

The poor souls dishing out 2-3k to get a seat in Y on some routes ended up in Y these days, from now on they will get a seat occupying more space, so it will be interesting to see how much add. revenue they will contribute in the end.
Would like to agree that the market:

+ would buy the flight in Lufthsansa's great Premium Economy Class for approx. 1.500-2000 Euro ex Germany with some flexibility and the assumption of the new LH product.

Interestingly enough CX made a flash sale some weeks ago for March 2014 which was fastly nearly sold out! The advertised r/t fare from Frankfurt to Chinese airports (not Hong Kong) destinations was approx. 1.400 Euro all-in.
The fare included a guaranteed upselling/reservation of the regional Business Class between Hong Kong and the Chinese destination.

This gives all of us an unrepresentative hint that slightly restricted fares (in CX booking class E) without the last leg in Business Class could be traded about 1,000-1,100 Euro. If you value the upselling on the regional product correctly. And therefore significantly exceeding the today's usual Economy fares.

That said and the assumption given that the reduced PE fare would trade at 66 % of the flexible fare the result is:

Full fare return for PE would be approx. 1,500-1,600 Euro. @:-)

And therefore leading to a fair gap to reduced Business fares of approx. 2,000 Euros for the same destination (and not with a nightly bump in a far-away tax-free paradise... )

That said I assume that nearly noone is buying full fare Y on intercontinental flights these days due to the lack of value delivered.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 7:25 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gum
That said I assume that nearly noone is buying full fare Y on intercontinental flights these days due to the lack of value delivered.
Don't underestimate the powers of corporate bureaucracy. I'm sure there are quite a few full Y fares sold due to inflexible travel policies that demand travel in Economy no matter what. Even if Business happen to be cheaper.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 7:39 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
My favourite bit Lufthansa style! They adopted semantics and language from the lounge access rules!!!!
The existing rules will not change, but customers will be offered the possibility to upgrade from Economy to Premium Economy and from Premium Economy to Business. The rules will change to offer more options to the customer.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by weero
My favourite bit Lufthansa style! They adopted semantics and language from the lounge access rules!!!!
Double check the document, I don't know the exact semantics in German anymore, it was translated in a hurry in the morning as I was getting ready to go to the trade show. @:-)
Old Mar 6, 2014, 8:06 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by FD1971
;Flights to Asia are full, especially in the premium cabins, hence replacing some low yield passengers ex VCE with some high yield O&D Pax from Munich is the way to go.
I know that you keep saying this and presumably also believe it as you have been told it.

The vast number of 6x or 8x a year promos to BKK, HKG, PEK, HAN, ICN, KUL, SIA, PVG etc speaks a very different language.

I failed many Y->C upgrades on the North American routes but not once one on FRA-SIN. Not in years.

Sure this is repeated anecdotal evidence ... which is a lot better than hearsay.
Fare-wise, on the major routes to Asia, I do see Premium Y around Euro 1500-2000, excluding full flex fares, with some promo fares in the lower four digit range.
Not terribly far off but you can do a lot better in all seasons and with semi-flex Y+. I never paid more than EUR1400 anywhere in Asia for semi-flex. And 2200 for SYD flex.
The poor souls dishing out 2-3k to get a seat in Y on some routes ended up in Y these days..
Don't you think that there should be some penalty in place for those bad at planning and too lazy to search for alternatives? While I pity LH getting that case, I have little empathy for those folks.

Double check the document, I don't know the exact semantics in German anymore, it was translated in a hurry in the morning as I was getting ready to go to the trade show. @:-)
I am sorry - I did not mean to offend you. You convinced me that this was how it was rendered by LH .
Old Mar 6, 2014, 8:49 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by LH4116
Don't underestimate the powers of corporate bureaucracy. I'm sure there are quite a few full Y fares sold due to inflexible travel policies that demand travel in Economy no matter what. Even if Business happen to be cheaper.
If I would have to organize a travel management I always look that the company gets the best value for money.

I think that most of FTers would agree that the full fare Y delivers the worst value in the sky.

Except some short-haul offers if you really have to be at an appointment or presentation and are somewhat a (time-) captive customer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.