Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH Premium Economy : Info from ITB, FT/VFT FAQ, and more

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2014, 1:32 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
The instructions here work for all forums on FT: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...phy-forum.html
Old Apr 21, 2014, 11:25 am

Any word on when these will actually go on sale? A date, beyond just 'May'?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by Dan1113
Any word on when these will actually go on sale? A date, beyond just 'May'?
+1

I also need to know this. I have some scheduled long haul trips next winter and it would be good to know for how long I'll need to delay the planning in order to book P/E seats.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 2:41 am

Yeah, I am currently delaying a booking waiting to see what their prices will be like in PE. I asked on their FB page and they said 'details will be announced once we know'. Frustrating!
Old Apr 28, 2014, 2:49 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

The E-CL demo is now in the public reception area of the LAC till mid June. The LAC can be reached for free from FRA with the buses going to parking west. More under googling 'Lufthansa Aviation Center in Frankfurt'
Old Apr 28, 2014, 6:23 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The E-CL demo is now in the public reception area of the LAC till mid June. The LAC can be reached for free from FRA with the buses going to parking west. More under googling 'Lufthansa Aviation Center in Frankfurt'
While I don't doubt LH to be able to implement a decent seat (I mean how could it be worse than the current C ramp?) and the usual good service ... I really would like to know what the earnings are for the different PE classes.

Especially the earnings for the other *A programs. Currently, all of BA's WTP fares earn 1.5x points and 225% miles (for an elite) on AAdvantage.

As LH has unlearned how to operate an FFP, this will be impossible to match for them and their stool needs to be a lot better than BA's in order to make up for that difference.

I doubt that this will happen. LH will be forever be far back in the tail of the comet with a product phase shift of 10 to 15 years to the innovators.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any idea on pricing as of yet?

I notice that the AF Y+ product seems to sell for around 150-350 EUR more per leg vs. deep discounted economy on the long haul flights. IF LH is able to match this pricing- then this product I think will do very well and is a good alternative to simply selling business at P pricing.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 1:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Any idea on pricing as of yet?
Its not May yet
Old Apr 29, 2014, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Its not May yet
Good point- I will refresh my browser in 2 days
Old Apr 29, 2014, 4:21 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
I expect the markup to be 30-50% during the promotional period, and then upwards of 50% when the product settles in. Let's hope I'm too pessimistic
Old Apr 29, 2014, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gojko88
I expect the markup to be 30-50% during the promotional period, and then upwards of 50% when the product settles in. Let's hope I'm too pessimistic
Depends on which fares this is referring to- if an 1000 EUR round trip fare costs 1400-1500 then I think this will sell very well. If the options are 600 EUR in economy or 2500 in economy plus then I don't think it will do very well for example.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 5:48 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
The real question is how the product will do if the Y fare is 700/800 EUR, but Y+ is 1300/1400 EUR (and the latter is exactly what I'm expecting from LH). That will be the breaking point IMHO.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gojko88
The real question is how the product will do if the Y fare is 700/800 EUR, but Y+ is 1300/1400 EUR (and the latter is exactly what I'm expecting from LH). That will be the breaking point IMHO.
When the product is on enough aircraft that a customer can reliably book it will be another important point- what happens if there is an aircraft swap and the new plane doesn't have Y+? If in this case the customer is OP UP to business- OK and make sense. I can see some sort of silly policy though where the customer ends up with a rebate of 100 EUR or something and a downgrade to economy in which case this is a no go.

I really want LH to get this right- this product can make a lot of sense if the "revenue suppression" department doesn't get their hands on it.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 6:21 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Depends on which fares this is referring to- if an 1000 EUR round trip fare costs 1400-1500 then I think this will sell very well. If the options are 600 EUR in economy or 2500 in economy plus then I don't think it will do very well for example.
I think I read somewhere in this thread that the Y+ seats offer/use about 50% more space than regular Y. If that is the case, I would expect (looking at it from the LH point-of-view) low discount prices for Y+ to tend toward 50% more than Y. If that holds, then then ~1500€ for Y+ on the same flight where Y is selling for ~1000€ might be typical.

If the Y+ offering is done well, I think it might induce me to upgrade from Y more often than to downgrade from C.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 8:25 am

When the product is on enough aircraft that a customer can reliably book it will be another important point- what happens if there is an aircraft swap and the new plane doesn't have Y+? If in this case the customer is OP UP to business- OK and make sense. I can see some sort of silly policy though where the customer ends up with a rebate of 100 EUR or something and a downgrade to economy in which case this is a no go.
Downgrade compensation is 75% of ticket price for flights over 3500km per EU261.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.