Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH Premium Economy : Info from ITB, FT/VFT FAQ, and more

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2014, 6:53 am

Programs: AA PLT 3MM, DL PM 2MM
LH's New PE Seat/Service

See LH site for details. Very nice seat like TK. Foot rest, welcome drink, kit, bottle water, meal on china with glass. I doubt UA will step up E+ to that level but would clearly strengthen UA in this hot market.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 6:53 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Interesting, the pdf says leg rest only for the front row?
Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
Check the VFT pics, looks true. Footrest only on the other rows, and with the seat in front reclined, not much space to exit from the window seat.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
Here's the page on LH's site: http://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/premium-economy-class

Looks like retrofits start with the 748 on routes to Chicago, LAX, and IAD with the other equipment to follow. Booking opens in May with the first flights in Nov 2014.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:03 am

€600 premium over Y does not see too bad from transatlantic routes - looks like it lands closer to Y- than to C.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:07 am

Programs: LH HON, AMEX Plat, Avis Pres, Sixt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton G, Priority G, Hyatt Plat,Kempinski PC
Will premium eco earn HON miles like the 4U premium eco (best)?
Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
Premium Premium Economy?
Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, DL G, Marriott Gold
A FREE BOTTLE OF WATER??? GOODBYE UA!

But seriously... good move by LH. One of the reasons I consistently pick UA over LH/LX when flying TATL in Y is the lack of E+. IMO a 12 hour flight in LH Y today is a miserable experience.

For me, UA E+ is very good, if only they could offer free drinks like DL does, that would be great.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:31 am

Programs: Former 1K turned UA Kettle
I wouldn't mind seeing UA add something like this as a separate class of service on long hauls in addition to current E+. I enjoy E+ as one of the (few) differentiating factors that UA has in it's favor, especially since it is the same price as a regular economy ticket, so I think E+ still has a niche to fill. I can however see myself shelling out a bit more money on a TATL flight for PE, though.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:34 am

This is what I want! J is nice but I don't really need luxury when I travel, I just want a bit of personal space and a decent meal, with wine. Should I be concerned they don't mention anything about recline?

Funny how excited I am about what looks a whole lot like Y in BA 15 years ago (plus AVOD).
Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:45 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by nonstarter
Should I be concerned they don't mention anything about recline?
8"/130°

http://www.lufthansagroup.com/filead...ts-Figures.pdf
Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

From AusBT:
Pricing remains a crucial part of the premium economy recipe, with tickets expected to average €600 (A$920) over standard economy rates for an international return journey from Germany to North America or Asia.
You ready to pay that much more for E+ legroom, a bit of width and an upgraded meal??
Old Mar 5, 2014, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Those seats don't look all that comfortable. Looks the same as the retrofitted UA seats, which lack proper absorption.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 8:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by UTex09
I wouldn't mind seeing UA add something like this as a separate class of service on long hauls in addition to current E+. I enjoy E+ as one of the (few) differentiating factors that UA has in it's favor, especially since it is the same price as a regular economy ticket, so I think E+ still has a niche to fill. I can however see myself shelling out a bit more money on a TATL flight for PE, though.
I doubt you'd see this in addition to E+ on UA planes. It would be one or the other.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by UTex09
If UA had premium economy, then GPUs would go from Y to Premium Economy - not a change that many here would like.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.