Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2016, 10:53 pm

Programs: United-1K+2MM, Bonvoy-LifetimeGold,IHG-Diamond-Ambassador
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hi zappa42m, thanks for providing me with the respective IDs. Please be assured that your issue was being looked into with care and the payment advised accordingly. Due to the possibility of having payments reversed, Lufthansa and banks, however, agreed on a 14 days' notice for SEPA payments. That means that the amount will be released and visible in your account upon expiry of this period. If you haven't received the money after that time frame and have checked with your bank that everything on their side went alright, you are very welcome to get back to us and we gladly check on the follow up. Sandra
I've authorized my bank to get the money back under the rules of SEPA payments. And the bank, lufthansa accused to make the mistake, did the job in less then 48h.
Old May 27, 2016, 1:45 pm

Programs: LH-SEN, BA-G, HH-Diamond, PC-Diamond, Marriot-G
Dear Lurkers -
Is there a way to see the status of tickets (milage requests) raised with Miles and More, either by internet or by calling MIles & More?
Old May 30, 2016, 6:15 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by fra_muc
Dear Lurkers -
Is there a way to see the status of tickets (milage requests) raised with Miles and More, either by internet or by calling MIles & More?

Dear fra_muc,
if you just want to know if the crediting was rejected or successful, then my colleagues at the Miles & More Service Center (http://f.lh.com/GKpE) will be able to give you this information. But it won’t be possible to provide you with a time frame, until when your mileage request will be handled, neither on the phone nor on the homepage.
Jens
Old Jun 1, 2016, 5:37 am

Hi,

I wanted to ask about the Lufthansa Credit Card (Senator World Business) here in Germany-I find it astonishing that customers buying a LH ticket, with the LH branded credit card are still charged a credit card processing fee. Is there any thought into changing this?

Thank you
Old Jun 1, 2016, 3:28 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by bAAh
Hi,

I wanted to ask about the Lufthansa Credit Card (Senator World Business) here in Germany-I find it astonishing that customers buying a LH ticket, with the LH branded credit card are still charged a credit card processing fee. Is there any thought into changing this?

Thank you
+1

This is a small thing which is a great source of bitterness for a number of LH customers who believe the credit card processing fee should be waived or at least refunded after purchase. The LH credit card does little to inspire even credit card loyalty.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 3:42 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Diamond
Champagne problems with OS and LH

Dear Lurkers,

I know that the question raised is really first world problem, but nevertheless...

I flew with some colleagues OS71 (VIE-YYZ) in May in business class. The service was excellent, except that there were a total of 3 (three) bottles of champagne for the entire business class (which was full!). You can imagine that after the first drinks, we could not continue to enjoy it. I agree that there could be some limitations, but at that level...

Last week, I flew in first class LH499 (MEX-FRA). And guess what? This time, the crew had 1.5 bottle of Taittinger champagne available for a full first class cabine. The crew was very apologetic, but could not provide anymore champagne. Sure the business class champagne was available, but after the Taittinger, it is difficult to drink the Leroy Duval

At the price of business and first class tickets, I would imagine that the cost of a few bottles of champagne should not be so significant for the airlines. Is that a new trend?

Thanks for your feedback.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by bAAh
Hi,

Thank you
Originally Posted by Grog
+1

This is a small thing which is a great source of bitterness for a number of LH customers who believe the credit card processing fee should be waived or at least refunded after purchase. The LH credit card does little to inspire even credit card loyalty.
Hi bAAh, hi Grog,

the credit card fee applies whenever paying for a ticket by credit card, irrespective of which kind of credit card you choose, LH branded or another. Lufthansa then transfers the amount, as credit card companies charge a fee on all transactions. Buying a ticket in Germany, alternatively, you are able to choose direct debit or PayPal, for which no charge applies. I understand that this procedure might be slightly difficult to understand. However, a benefit such as waiving this fee for Lufthansa Miles&More credit card holders is and will not be promoted as one of the benefits: https://www.miles-and-more-kreditkar...r-credit-card/

Best regards, Katharina
Old Jun 3, 2016, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by myfanfan9
Dear Lurkers,

I know that the question raised is really first world problem, but nevertheless...

I flew with some colleagues OS71 (VIE-YYZ) in May in business class. The service was excellent, except that there were a total of 3 (three) bottles of champagne for the entire business class (which was full!). You can imagine that after the first drinks, we could not continue to enjoy it. I agree that there could be some limitations, but at that level...

Last week, I flew in first class LH499 (MEX-FRA). And guess what? This time, the crew had 1.5 bottle of Taittinger champagne available for a full first class cabine. The crew was very apologetic, but could not provide anymore champagne. Sure the business class champagne was available, but after the Taittinger, it is difficult to drink the Leroy Duval

At the price of business and first class tickets, I would imagine that the cost of a few bottles of champagne should not be so significant for the airlines. Is that a new trend?

Thanks for your feedback.
Hello myfanfan9,

I can only answer you on behalf of Lufthansa. My colleagues always try their best to load an appropriate ratio of champagnes, wines and various other alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for all flights. Usually there should be more than 1,5 bottles of Champagne on board for the First Class compartment. They will investigate why on your flight from MEX to FRA only a limited amount was available.
A shortage of a particular drink may occur due to the limited space on board for the loading of beverages but not due to a general change of policy or economisation.

Jens
Old Jun 3, 2016, 4:09 am

the credit card fee applies whenever paying for a ticket by credit card, irrespective of which kind of credit card you choose, LH branded or another
Can you please escalate this issue to the person in charge of the branded credit card deal between LH and DKB?

I understand that there are fees to be paid on most credit card transactions but an agreement for a branded credit card is supposed to waive these fees for purchases with the companies involved. The fact that this is not the case with LH reflects poorly on the airline.

Last edited by mmff; Jun 3, 2016 at 4:22 am
Old Jun 3, 2016, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by mmff
Can you please escalate this issue to the person in charge of the branded credit card deal between LH and DKB?

I understand that there are fees to be paid on most credit card transactions but an agreement for a branded credit card is supposed to waive these fees for purchases with the companies involved. The fact that this is not the case with LH reflects poorly on the airline.
Hi mmff,
I will send your comment to the responsible department as general feedback, to let them know customers don't agree with the current credit card conditions.
Vanessa
Old Jun 3, 2016, 5:58 am

Hi mmff,
I will send your comment to the responsible department as general feedback, to let them know customers don't agree with the current credit card conditions.
Vanessa
Thank you Vanessa. Please keep us posted on their reply.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by mmff
Thank you Vanessa. Please keep us posted on their reply.
Hi mmff,
please understand that we don't receive any reply from the department. We have sent it as a general feedback. If you would like a specific reply regarding your feedback, please kindly write to [email protected].
Vanessa
Old Jun 6, 2016, 9:04 am

Programs: ex-UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Are there any plans to enable Star Alliance gold members to reserve their seat in advance regardless of the purchased fare class?

Other alliances will go even far as upgrading members who are part of their alliance but with status on another airline or letting them choose certain "preferred seats".

Charging for advance seat selection does not inspire loyalty.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by triplefives
Are there any plans to enable Star Alliance gold members to reserve their seat in advance regardless of the purchased fare class?

Other alliances will go even far as upgrading members who are part of their alliance but with status on another airline or letting them choose certain "preferred seats".

Charging for advance seat selection does not inspire loyalty.

Hello triplefives,

the possibility to reserve certain seats, or particular features such as legroom e.g., were implemented only in 2014. We have not received any information about this being reversed in the near future. Certain booking classes and also passengers holding a status do have privileges whereas the advance seat selection is concerned. Please see http://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Seat-reservation for detailed information.

Isabell
Old Jun 9, 2016, 10:24 am

Dear Lufthansa Lurkers,

Recently flew two long haul segments (EWR-FRA) and (FRA-BOM) with family that included kids ages 7 & 9. Kids did not get any on-board games or coloring books or puzzles like they used to get in the past. Has Lufthansa stopped giving them out? Kids got some goodies on an Air India flight and have got cool kid stuff on LH flights in the past, so they were a bit disappointed.

Thanks !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.