Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lima lounges

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2012, 12:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum
I am in the Sumaq lounge having moved from the VIP Lounge. Here is my take.

1. Wi-Fi speed is the same in both lounges.

2. The Wi-Fi password is the same for both lounges.

3. Sumaq has a better "business area" - chairs vice benches. More workstations and a printer.

4. VIP has Coke Zero. It may exist in Sumaq but has not been restocked.

5. Food is basically the same.

6. There is a way to get much faster Internet in the Sumaq lounge.
Old May 31, 2012, 7:23 am
Ambassador: Peru

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
Originally Posted by AlwaysOnTheRoad
I am in the Sumaq lounge having moved from the VIP Lounge. Here is my take.

1. Wi-Fi speed is the same in both lounges.

6. There is a way to get much faster Internet in the Sumaq lounge.
About N.1.. at what time were you there?
About N.6.. share the secret!!
Old May 31, 2012, 11:11 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Originally Posted by AlwaysOnTheRoad
4. VIP has Coke Zero. It may exist in Sumaq but has not been restocked.
They restocked the Coke Zero

Also the Bloody Marys jeje... now if only I could get them to do a good Cesear
Old Jun 14, 2012, 8:30 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Sumaq (good) news

Just it from Mirielle at Sumaq that renovations are planned ¨in a couple of weeks¨. They will close and divert to VIP. What renos? Painting, more space and IMPROVED WiFi... and more services. What more services? Mas amplio. Yeah. When will it happen exactly? In couple of weeks. For how long? Not long... (this is Peru afterall). So, I say, will it all be done with better WiFi when I return in August? Peruvian smile. So it is Peruvian time we are talking about? Yes, smile.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
Just it from Mirielle at Sumaq that renovations are planned ¨in a couple of weeks¨. They will close and divert to VIP. What renos? Painting, more space and IMPROVED WiFi... and more services. What more services? Mas amplio. Yeah. When will it happen exactly? In couple of weeks. For how long? Not long... (this is Peru afterall). So, I say, will it all be done with better WiFi when I return in August? Peruvian smile. So it is Peruvian time we are talking about? Yes, smile.
Bets it will be done before my next (October) trip?
Old Jun 26, 2012, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Bets it will be done before my next (October) trip?
I'll be there in a couple hours and will let everyone know if it has begun. I'm in the lounge in Arequipa (I was surprised that there was a PP lounge here) waiting for our flight to Lima, then onto IPC (thank you BA!). The AQP lounge is ok, seating for maybe 25-30, soft drinks and cookies/chips are free, but they charge for beer (I dont drink, but price on the fridge with coronas, stella artois, and some local beers). I'm flying J but my brother is in coach for the LIM-IPC flight, so hopefully they'll let him in free as they did here.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 7:40 pm

Just got to the Sumtaq lounge and it is nice. Not sure if it has been updated, but the furniture and is nice, small buffet, but terrible internet. There is slow as in it take 3-5 seconds to load a webpage, but this is more like 45-60 seconds to load a page. eh. They wouldn't let my brother, who is flying Y, in, but I was able to use my priority pass to get him in. I am in J, so no problem here.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 7:54 pm

Just got to the Sumtaq lounge and it is nice. Not sure if it has been updated, but the furniture and is nice, small buffet, but terrible internet. There is slow as in it take 3-5 seconds to load a webpage, but this is more like 45-60 seconds to load a page. eh. They wouldn't let my brother, who is flying Y, in, but I was able to use my priority pass to get him in. I am in J, so no problem here.

Just went to the VIP lounge and the internet here sucks too, but there isn't anyone in here.

The trick the poster above is referring to is unplugging one of the wired computers and plugging it into your laptop, works like a charm!

Edit: Sumtaq lounge looks identical to picture 58 above, so probably not renovated.

Last edited by leftpinky; Jun 26, 2012 at 8:11 pm
Old Jun 30, 2012, 5:32 pm

me and my girlfriend are flying lima > cuzco in on lan in class t.
i have priority pass, she does not,
the flight is at 6 am and we are thinking of using the domestic lounge as a sort of resting spot before our flight for a few hours and avoid paying a hotel that night.
any advice? do you think i can get her in for free?
Old Jun 30, 2012, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by jaschalip
me and my girlfriend are flying lima > cuzco in on lan in class t.
i have priority pass, she does not,
the flight is at 6 am and we are thinking of using the domestic lounge as a sort of resting spot before our flight for a few hours and avoid paying a hotel that night.
any advice? do you think i can get her in for free?
Of course, I think you cannot get her in for free. You will be accessing the lounge with your PP on the T&C of your membership, and you will be paying the guest fee per the T&C of your membership. Sometimes, a lounge will have a free guest promotion. Of course, you can check the PP website for any such promotions.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 6:01 pm

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
HAHA! "A couple of weeks" in South American time is anywhere between an actual couple of (earth) weeks and a decade!
Old Jul 1, 2012, 8:11 am
Ambassador: Peru

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Of course, I think you cannot get her in for free. You will be accessing the lounge with your PP on the T&C of your membership, and you will be paying the guest fee per the T&C of your membership. Sometimes, a lounge will have a free guest promotion. Of course, you can check the PP website for any such promotions.
I've entered the SCL lounge with a friend who showed his PP card. I think it depends on the kind of subscription (2010). Now I have a PP card and I always invite one friend to enter Sumaq or Vip Club in Lima, for free. But it has a limit of guests per month as I recall.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 8:50 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Villavic
I've entered the SCL lounge with a friend who showed his PP card. I think it depends on the kind of subscription (2010). Now I have a PP card and I always invite one friend to enter Sumaq or Vip Club in Lima, for free. But it has a limit of guests per month as I recall.
Really depends on where you got your PP from. Interbank Perú has just notified those of us with their LifeMiles Amex cards that the lounge entry rules have changed.

"A partir de junio de 2012, podrás ingresar gratis hasta cuatro veces al ańo* a los salones VIP de aeropuertos del extranjero y al del espigón internacional del Aeropuerto Jorge Chávez.

Para acceder a este beneficio, deberás haber usado tu Tarjeta de Crédito Interbank LifeMiles Platinum cada uno de los seis meses previos al uso de tu Priority Pass.

Se cobrará US$ 27 (S/. 81) por cada ingreso a partir del quinto, por cada invitado adicional o por cada ingreso a salones de aeropuertos de provincias y/o al salón del espigón nacional del Aeropuerto Jorge Chávez. Este monto será cargado a tu tarjeta de crédito."

Before it was unlimited access so you could guest anyone without eating up an allowance. Now you can still guest people in but two visits with a guest and you get charged $27 for all subsequent visits because you have used up your 4 visits.

EDIT: Reading that again did I understand it right or do guests always cost $27?
Old Jul 2, 2012, 2:11 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia

Se cobrará US$ 27 (S/. 81) por cada ingreso a partir del quinto, por cada invitado adicional o por cada ingreso a salones de aeropuertos de provincias y/o al salón del espigón nacional del Aeropuerto Jorge Chávez. Este monto será cargado a tu tarjeta de crédito."[/I]
EDIT: Reading that again did I understand it right or do guests always cost $27?
I think that does read like all guests you take in will always be $27.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 11:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
Im here at the lounge and no construction yet. They did paint the walls in the hall way on the way to the 2 lounges, other than that nothing yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.