Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW: KLM Economy Comfort!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2013, 7:47 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
I call KLM Customer Care after the trip(s):
+ 31 (0)20 5459780 (For passengers residing in The Netherlands only)
If you live in a different country you might need to dial a different number.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 7:31 am

Programs: AA EP, MUCCI, Proudly BA Blue,.
Flying EC AMS-JRO on a 772 in row 12 - only intel I had to go on was seatguru - anyone been on a 772 in EC? Did I choose wisely?
Old Apr 2, 2013, 9:04 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Originally Posted by matinicus rock
Flying EC AMS-JRO on a 772 in row 12 - only intel I had to go on was seatguru - anyone been on a 772 in EC? Did I choose wisely?
Row 12 is fine. I would just avoid 12C, 12D and 12G, due to the presence of the IFE box under the seat in front of you.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Apr 2, 2013, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
Row 12 is fine. I would just avoid 12C, 12D and 12G, due to the presence of the IFE box under the seat in front of you.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Doh! I'm in 12C. Wife and child in 12A and B. does that IFE box totally kill the extra leg room?
Old Apr 2, 2013, 9:30 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Originally Posted by matinicus rock
Doh! I'm in 12C. Wife and child in 12A and B. does that IFE box totally kill the extra leg room?
No, it's just that you have a narrower space to stretch your legs. How tall is your wife and how tall are you? You may want to switch with the Mrs.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Apr 2, 2013, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
No, it's just that you have a narrower space to stretch your legs. How tall is your wife and how tall are you? You may want to switch with the Mrs.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Good to know - we'll battle it out on the plane while trying to avoid other boarding passengers thanks Geneva!
Old Apr 12, 2013, 11:34 am
formerly ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy

Programs: Delta Diamond

I've called Delta, KLM and confirmed with both of them about these seats. I have print outs from KLM, AF, Delta that I have these assignments and I will be on a call with KLM service right at the 24-hour mark.

Am I good? lol
Old Apr 17, 2013, 3:17 pm

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Thumbs down Confusion Galore

I happen to have the screenshots from my initial EC seats confirmation at the time of booking, but now apparently my EC seats were pulled from under me and the system has kicked me all the way back in random seats - ohh horror - even in middle seats on 12+ hr flights

Finally, after 2½ hrs and various agents, a KLM web-support agent was able to painstakingly put me back in EC seats - for as long as it will last.
So much for Skyteam where:
we aim to provide you with seamless connections and a hassle-free travel experience – before, during and after your flights
Old Apr 19, 2013, 2:14 pm
formerly ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy

Programs: Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by Travelomania
I happen to have the screenshots from my initial EC seats confirmation at the time of booking, but now apparently my EC seats were pulled from under me and the system has kicked me all the way back in random seats - ohh horror - even in middle seats on 12+ hr flights

Finally, after 2½ hrs and various agents, a KLM web-support agent was able to painstakingly put me back in EC seats - for as long as it will last.
So much for Skyteam where:
Phew - I feel ya. I am 24-hour at my mark and I was able to keep my pristine seats. I won't lie and tried to get greedy and tried for a 10A/10F in EC but the system wouldn't allow it and no one via support could help it. I'll take the 11A though, no problem.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 2:28 pm

Has anyone had problems with seat changes made online in EC not sticking? KLm changed metal and moved my family and my seats, and actually separated us by a couple of rows. I would never had known if I hadn't randomly checked my reservation the other day. So I moved my seats online so we're sitting together again... But nervous it didn't propagate somehow thru system...
Old Apr 20, 2013, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Southwest A-List, Hilton Diamond
I am a Delta Gold Medallion on a flight from VCE-AMS-LAX. I am trying to book Economy Comfort seats on the VCE-AMS for myself and my companion. It's shows as $25USD for both of us on the website.

Question is, should I get a 50% discount for my seat as a Delta GM/Skyteam Elite+? I thought that was the case, but calling web support suggested otherwise.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingBear
I am a Delta Gold Medallion on a flight from VCE-AMS-LAX. I am trying to book Economy Comfort seats on the VCE-AMS for myself and my companion. It's shows as $25USD for both of us on the website.

Question is, should I get a 50% discount for my seat as a Delta GM/Skyteam Elite+? I thought that was the case, but calling web support suggested otherwise.
As a Delta Gold, you should get a 50% discount

http://www.klm.com/travel/nl_en/prep..._choice.htm#p5
Old Apr 20, 2013, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28
As a Delta Gold, you should get a 50% discount
That's what I thought. Is this like Delta where I should call back later and hope to get a better agent?
Old Apr 20, 2013, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingBear
That's what I thought. Is this like Delta where I should call back later and hope to get a better agent?
You should do this online via www.klm.com. Make sure your Delta number is in the booking and that it therefore correctly recognises your status.

By the way - most people would not consider it worth paying extra for these seats.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28
You should do this online via www.klm.com. Make sure your Delta number is in the booking and that it therefore correctly recognises your status.

By the way - most people would not consider it worth paying extra for these seats.
Is there any way to re-enter my Delta #? I guess I should mention, this all started because I wanted to do this online, but it shows as $25 for the seats for both myself and my companion.

Normally, I would agree, but I have a 1 hour connection in AMS for the flight to LAX. Originally I was booked in row 9 when it was not EC, but was rebooked to the back of the plane when the seat map changed. I figured it would be worth $30 or so to get to row 6 to get off the plane faster.

I'd appreciate any thoughts on this and thanks irishguy for taking the time to answer my questions!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.