Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW: KLM Economy Comfort!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2015, 7:03 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Since when do Skyteam Elites Plus members not get 50% discount anymore?
Old Dec 28, 2015, 7:46 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by mlv416
Was thinking Sunday, March 13 to Wednesday, March 23 - but can move it one day or another either way.
KL692 March 13: 35/36 EC seats still available
KL1985 March 14: 7/8 EC seats still available

KL1986 March 23: 8/8 EC seats still available
KL0691 March 23: 29/36 EC seats still available

So as of this moment there are still plenty of EC seats available. Since the long haul segments are operated by a B747 you can choose between rows of 2 or 3 seats - very convenient if you are traveling with one or two other people.

Of course these seats will slowly be taken, and probably the good ones will be gone before check-in...but at this moment there is still plenty available.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 11:35 pm

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Hi all,

I have a quick question that I am hoping someone can answer:

If I were to pay for an Economy comfort upgrade, would that book me into a new fare class (such as W) or would my economy fare class remain the same?

Thanks
Old Dec 30, 2015, 12:11 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by Bretmd
Hi all,

If I were to pay for an Economy comfort upgrade, would that book me into a new fare class (such as W) or would my economy fare class remain the same?

Thanks
For KL your fare class does not change (it is different to DL's upcoming change)
Old Dec 30, 2015, 2:02 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, AccorLiveLimitless Platinum, Qatar Airways Gold
Hi all,

Thanks
Economy Comfort is not an upgrade. You get the same service as standard economy just slightly more legroom and seat pitch. Compare it to selecting a emergency exit; same service, minor different seat specs.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 2:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Originally Posted by Brendan88
Economy Comfort is not an upgrade. You get the same service as standard economy just slightly more legroom and seat pitch. Compare it to selecting a emergency exit; same service, minor different seat specs.
Thanks for the response. That helps me decide not to bother with EC.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by Xandrios
KL692 March 13: 35/36 EC seats still available
KL1985 March 14: 7/8 EC seats still available

KL1986 March 23: 8/8 EC seats still available
KL0691 March 23: 29/36 EC seats still available

So as of this moment there are still plenty of EC seats available. Since the long haul segments are operated by a B747 you can choose between rows of 2 or 3 seats - very convenient if you are traveling with one or two other people.

Of course these seats will slowly be taken, and probably the good ones will be gone before check-in...but at this moment there is still plenty available.
Not sure if you know, but does KLM allow you to add on Economy Comfort right after you purchase the ticket?

I am booking through Expedia, so a bit worried in trying to figure this out...

Also does anyone know if the armrests lift up in EC? or regular economy?
Old Dec 31, 2015, 7:40 am

Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Not sure if you know, but does KLM allow you to add on Economy Comfort right after you purchase the ticket?

You can buy an upgrade to EC online.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 9:53 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Thanks for the response. That helps me decide not to bother with EC.
Leg room and recline don't matter to you?
Old Jan 2, 2016, 9:56 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold

You can book on Expedia, and use the booking reference to log in on klm.com and upgrade to EC. The armrests do lift up in both EC and normal eco, with exception of the ones on the isle.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 2:15 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Since when do Skyteam Elites Plus members not get 50% discount anymore?
Still don't know the official policy (change), but KLM refunded 50% of the EC upcharge after I asked.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 11:29 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Economy comfort not free any more for Flying Blue Platinum?

Hi everyone.

Just done OLCI DUS/AMS/CDG and noticed that exit row which I had pre booked was still free of charge but economy confort seats were charged 20 and 10 Euros even though I am recognised as Plat, when it used to be free.

If it is not a glitch, it could ge one of the first enhancements announced for FB for 2016-2018.

Anyone heard of changes?
Old Jan 4, 2016, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by carnarvon
but economy confort seats were charged 20 and 10 Euros even though I am recognised as Plat, when it used to be free.
I was not asked for any money when at OLCI yesterday. The really fat guy in the middle seat next to me came for free too.

Johan
Old Jan 5, 2016, 8:12 am

Àm at the airport.

They don't have a clue.

Even stranger, she tried to put me on EC seat without luck (20 €).

When she assigned me back to my exit row seat which I had originally got for free, she was asked for 15 euros.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 8:14 pm

[QUOTE=johan rebel;25961146]I was not asked for any money when at OLCI yesterday. [/citation]

This is that way it should be. KLM confirmed it yesterday and said the issue I reported was an IT issue.

End of story.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.