Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

New Barclaycard/TrueBlue credit card Launched

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Slickw
All Cards
  • No f/x fee
  • Chip+PIN capable
  • 50% off in-flight purchases
The JetBlue Card
  • Free!
  • 3x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • 15k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here

The JetBlue Plus Card
  • $99/year
  • 5k Anniversary Points
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • $50k => Mosaic
  • Free first bag up to 4 pax on PNR
  • 10% rebate on award redemptions
  • $100 statement credit against a Getaways vacation package >$100
  • 60k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here

The JetBlue Business Card
  • $99/year
  • 5k Anniversary Points
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Office Supply, 1x Everything Else
  • $50k => Mosaic
  • Free first bag up to 4 pax on PNR
  • $100 statement credit against a Getaways vacation package >$100
  • 10% rebate on award redemptions
  • 30k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here
Print Wikipost

New Barclaycard/TrueBlue credit card Launched

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2016, 9:18 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by alegeeter
Thanks. And what if you're using the card to pay for a ticket under someone else's name?
The free checked bag benefit is for you (the cardholder) and up to three companions traveling with you, who are booked on the same reservation.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 10:39 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Is it possible to get the bonus for both cards?

I was thinking about getting the Plus card, earning the bonus, canceling, signing up for the no fee card, earn the bonus on that, and then keeping the no fee card. If that's not allowed, then does Barclay's allow for downgrading? Say, if I get the plus card, earn the bonus, then downgrade to the no fee card?
Old Oct 14, 2016, 5:24 pm

Lightbulb Breakeven point?

If the points are worth 1.3¢ each, it seems like somewhere around $2500/year in JetBlue airfare spending is the breakeven point between the free card and the Plus card...
Old Oct 14, 2016, 9:02 pm

Programs: GE
Originally Posted by briannahoffner
If the points are worth 1.3¢ each, it seems like somewhere around $2500/year in JetBlue airfare spending is the breakeven point between the free card and the Plus card...
Purely on a points basis, it's much lower than that even at a 1.3¢ valuation; the 5000 anniversary points are worth about $65, and then $900 in B6 spend nets you an additional 2700 points to get to >$100.

Plus, the 10% rebate on redeemed points means that a 1.3¢ valuation is really more than 1.4¢ with the plus card; making the break even point more like $680 in B6 spend.

There are other factors which are more important. I value the free checked bag benefit at $15 per flight (it can be as high as $20-25 per flight depending on if you book Blue/Blue+ fare) so a single person RT with checked bags and the anniversary bonus easily covers the the annual fee.

But even without any of those things, the signup bonus by itself is well worth the annual fee the first year.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by bbtrvl
Purely on a points basis, it's much lower than that even at a 1.3¢ valuation; the 5000 anniversary points are worth about $65, and then $900 in B6 spend nets you an additional 2700 points to get to >$100.
I'd completely forgotten about the 5000 anniversary points, so yeah your target is $35, not $99. Thanks!
Old Oct 21, 2016, 8:40 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
I signed up for the JetBlue Plus credit card, made an award redemption a few days after receiving the card (I even paid the taxes on the Plus card) but it's been over 3 months and the 10% redemption points haven't posted. Do I need to contact JetBlue or Barclays?
Old Oct 21, 2016, 8:45 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic 3, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
I signed up for the JetBlue Plus credit card, made an award redemption a few days after receiving the card (I even paid the taxes on the Plus card) but it's been over 3 months and the 10% redemption points haven't posted. Do I need to contact JetBlue or Barclays?
When did you fly? It doesn't matter when you redeemed the points, it matters when the flight occurs. The 10% bonus points have posted about 1 day after flying in the past.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 8:57 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by gr99gt
When did you fly? It doesn't matter when you redeemed the points, it matters when the flight occurs. The 10% bonus points have posted about 1 day after flying in the past.
Haven't flown yet, I guess that's the problem. Thank you.

I was just going off the language in the T&C, which refers to the time of redemption and not the time of travel:

"TrueBlue redemption bonus points typically post 4-6 weeks after your redemption."
Old Oct 21, 2016, 11:10 am

Programs: Mosaic 2, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Premium Cabin free agent
Just a data point I earned Mosaic via CC spend and got the 15k bonus points same day as I got the email notification.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 6:13 pm

guys - got an email about earning points by setting up automatic bill payments. Do you folks know if you can earn with 1-time payments too and how many points do you earn for each $ paid?

Thx
Old Oct 27, 2016, 3:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Globlist,MarriottPlat,Hilton Gold,Delta Silver,National EE,Avis President Club, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by UnitedEF
Just a data point I earned Mosaic via CC spend and got the 15k bonus points same day as I got the email notification.
How long after you spent 50k did u get mosaic? Did you have to wait for statement and pay it?
Old Oct 27, 2016, 10:19 am

Programs: Mosaic 2, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Premium Cabin free agent
Originally Posted by shaker58
How long after you spent 50k did u get mosaic? Did you have to wait for statement and pay it?
Not long it wasn't even end of billing cycle. It pretty much posted as soon as I hit $50k in actual spend. And I promptly used it to cancel the award booking and rebooked via AMEX business Platinum 30k MR points for Mint one way! Freaking awesome!
Old Oct 30, 2016, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by NYCoug
Hi all,

Does anyone have data points on how long it takes to be awarded the signup bonus? I signed up for the JetBlue Plus card 2 months ago and quickly met the $1,000 spend requirement for the 30,000 bonus points. It's been about 6 weeks now and I still have not been awarded my 30,000 bonus points. I've called in and all the call reps confirm that I've met the requirements, but that it can take "a while" to receive the points. Ordinarily with my Anex, Chase and Cit cards, I've always received my bonus by the next day, or maybe a week at most, so I felt his was unusual to be taking this long.

Has anyone else experienced this? I've called Barclaycard several times and all reps tell me the same message that "it can take a while." This is just annoying because I need to book some award tickets and am banking on these 30,000 points to enable that booking.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!
I'm sure you got your bonus a while ago, but I'll offer the data point. I completed spend right before the last statement closed and I had the 30,000 points in my JetBlue account a few days later.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 6:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Globlist,MarriottPlat,Hilton Gold,Delta Silver,National EE,Avis President Club, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by UnitedEF
Not long it wasn't even end of billing cycle. It pretty much posted as soon as I hit $50k in actual spend. And I promptly used it to cancel the award booking and rebooked via AMEX business Platinum 30k MR points for Mint one way! Freaking awesome!
Made 50k by 10/27. I made advance payment before cycle was up to speed things up but didn't work. I got mosaic on 11/7 4 days after I returned from my trip. I asked CSR at gate to check if I was mosaic and he said I wasn't so gave ritz card to upgrade seats but he upgraded for free . On way home had them check again for mosaic still wasn't so paid with ritz card. Had some drinks and snack box on flight that I was going to use ritz travel benefit but they never asked for payment.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 6:51 am

Does anyone know about this contest? http://jetbluebahamassweeps.mastercard.com/
I just found out about it through an Ad on instagram. They obviously know I have the card and targeted me. I checked my e-mail but was never informed about it before this ad

Last edited by mirskyc; Nov 10, 2016 at 7:19 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.