Wiki Posts
Search

IC Century City Los Angeles Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2010, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
FWIW I don't do any negotiating. I just show up and that's what they give me. I have stayed at this hotel several times and I do stay at a lot of IC's if that counts for anything.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 11:46 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by stimpy
FWIW I don't do any negotiating. I just show up and that's what they give me. I have stayed at this hotel several times and I do stay at a lot of IC's if that counts for anything.
Btw, my statement above wasn't meant to attack you in any way, so no offense, please. It's pretty well established that although there's a "normal"/expected RA upgrade, some people also get above-average treatment. This is often based on a specific history of patronage with the hotel (for instance, iirc you get club access at IC Paris while "normal" RAs don't get it anymore), negotiation (aka "whining"), or perhaps even luck. For some reason you get above-average upgrades at IC LA, and I think "normal" RAs should expect the one-level upgrade described by the hotel in the email to patchan8984 (this isn't a big deal at IC LA, because the Sundeck room which guarantees an Executive Suite upgrade usually only runs $20-30 above the cheapest room).
Old Dec 16, 2010, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jpdx
no offense, please.
None taken. I'm sure that luck has a lot to do with most upgrades. It depends on how busy the hotel is. At some hotels you might get a nice upgrade because the hotel is empty. At other hotels you may get a super nice suite if the hotel is completely full and they have to put you somewhere. The only time I have gotten Presidential Suite upgrades was when the hotel was sold out. Also, most of my stays are one or two nights. The hotel is ok with giving you a nice suite if they know you aren't going to be there long.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 9:05 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nicolas75
I am not a big fan of the hotel.

The property in itself is not bad at all (former Park Hyatt with large suites, good service) but has no specific atmosphere (definitely a business hotel in the middle of nowhere, with no club lounge).
Just had my first RA stay and it was at the IC Century City, I'd agree with the above statements.

I did not receive any welcome fruit/amenity but that is I guess my fault as I did not know that was an RA amenity. I then go back to my belief that I shouldn't have to know the perks of a program in order to ask for those perks, the perks should just be given to me.

I did have a weekend afternoon to enjoy the pool, there were not that many chairs, thankfully it was not crowded and thankfully there was periodic pool service where staff would pick up towels off of chairs that were not in use as the people were too lazy to drop their towels on the pool deck to indicate they were no longer using the chair.

I did not like the location at all for a leisure stay.

I was upgraded but meh big deal. The desk was very small to work on

Paying $35 for parking bugged me but anytime I pay for parking it bugs me.

While I'm commited to giving RA status a true shake to see if it something I want to continue, so far it is not a good start, seems like I paid a premium for not much.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
We're planning a vacation trip to California and are thinking of using the IC Century City with a 2-4-1, possibly extended into a 3rd night with $$. I have a question more about location and public transportation than the hotel.

We've visited California numerous times. We normally stay one night courtesy of Priceline on W Century Blvd next to LAX, pick up a car next day and get out of town. This time, I'm thinking of exploring LA, possibly without a car and trying to use public transportation.

I know that cabs and the local limo will be available, but having used LA buses to the beaches in the past and wanting to use the LA metro system, it would be good to know whether this is realistic from the IC Century City.

Many thanks for your advice.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 7:32 am

Programs: JAL JGC Diamond, OW Emerald, Marriot Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Roger
I know that cabs and the local limo will be available, but having used LA buses to the beaches in the past and wanting to use the LA metro system, it would be good to know whether this is realistic from the IC Century City.

Many thanks for your advice.
I'm curious about this as well. I'll be in LA next month for leisure. What's the most reasonable method for getting there from LAX? How much would a taxi cost? Should I consider the limo service?
Old Jun 17, 2011, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Comet21
I'm curious about this as well. I'll be in LA next month for leisure. What's the most reasonable method for getting there from LAX? How much would a taxi cost? Should I consider the limo service?
Super Shuttle might be the good choice from LAX (no need to book, shuttle station at the airport
Old Jun 17, 2011, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think a taxi should cost around $35-40. Personally I always rent a car, but if you are just going to the hotel a taxi is fine.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 7:05 pm

You can take the Flyaway from LAX to Westwood -- it stops on Veteran Ave & Kinross, which is about a block from Wilshire Blvd. You can probably call a taxi from there, and it'll be a lot cheaper than from taking it from LAX. The Flyaway is $5
Old Jun 18, 2011, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Thanks for the useful info.

BTW, I e-mailed the hotel for info. My first e-mail was ignored, but the second got a response. They mentioned the local limo and gave me the web address for the LA Metro (www.metro.net). Gee, shucks. Even I knew that. I was after local info. Possibly the least helpful e-mail from an IC concierge, even if the guy is 'Member, Les Clefs d'Or USA'.

Once again, FT scores!

And welcome to FT, masshupoteto.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 8:51 pm

Programs: NW Diamond, LH SEN, PC Spire - RA, TG PlatHyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
I did not receive any welcome fruit/amenity but that is I guess my fault as I did not know that was an RA amenity. I then go back to my belief that I shouldn't have to know the perks of a program in order to ask for those perks, the perks should just be given to me.
I had to call for the welcome fruit as well. It was worth the hassle as it was the biggest welcome fruit that I ever received in an Intercontintal hotel.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 10:28 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Originally Posted by Comet21

It's actually very easy to get to from LAX to the hotel by bus.....I think it's $1.25/each way.

Take the free Airport Shuttle to Lot C. Next to Lot C is the big outdoor bus terminal. Take the Culver City #6 north towards UCLA (and get a Culver City transfer), Get off at the transfer stop at the Fox Hills Mall, and get on Culver City Bus #3. Take #3 until the end of the route.

The last stop is roughly at the northwest side of the Hyatt Century City Hotel.
Walk about 3 blocks south on Avenue of the Stars.

Works getting from the hotel back to LAX too. ^

The Culver City bus schedules are posted online.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 1:29 am

Programs: JAL JGC Diamond, OW Emerald, Marriot Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by jaymar01
It's actually very easy to get to from LAX to the hotel by bus.....I think it's $1.25/each way.

Take the free Airport Shuttle to Lot C. Next to Lot C is the big outdoor bus terminal. Take the Culver City #6 north towards UCLA (and get a Culver City transfer), Get off at the transfer stop at the Fox Hills Mall, and get on Culver City Bus #3. Take #3 until the end of the route.

The last stop is roughly at the northwest side of the Hyatt Century City Hotel.
Walk about 3 blocks south on Avenue of the Stars.

Works getting from the hotel back to LAX too. ^

The Culver City bus schedules are posted online.
Thanks for the detailed instructions. 1 thing I did forget to mention was that I'll be travelling with a 6 month old :P I guess $50 for taxi isn't too bad. I've got this hatred towards taxis so if I could avoid them I tend to do so. In this case I might just take the taxi to the hotel.

Would have rented a car but parking is quite expensive!
Old Oct 14, 2012, 2:08 am

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Super Shuttle might be the good choice from LAX (no need to book, shuttle station at the airport
Any idea about the cost of super shuttle to the hotel?
Old Oct 14, 2012, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by kats
Any idea about the cost of super shuttle to the hotel?
USD 15/passenger for a shared ride van service

https://reservations.supershuttle.co...x?content=Rate

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.