Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Century City Los Angeles Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2016, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
Yes, but if you want a good cheap breakfast, drive over to Norm's.
Where is the closest Norm's?
Old Feb 3, 2016, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by JCary
Where is the closest Norm's?
There's two nearby. One on La Cienega and one on Pico. Check Google maps.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 9:03 am

Try Food on Pico. Much better than Norm's.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 2:23 pm

Programs: Some
Had a very good stay experience here as Spire Amb - booked one night on points (just basic room) then two nights in an Executive Suite on a cash rate. The first night I was upgraded to an Executive Suite in advance for the points night, then at check in I was given the option to either stay in the Executive Suite for the entire stay or move to an upgraded Premier Suite for the last two nights (which I did).

Although I can see logic when people say the Executive Suite is their favourite layout here, the Premier Suite here is an amazing one category upgrade (you go from a suite that sells for 20% more than the basic room to a much larger one that sells for approaching 3x the price). The hotel clearly views it as quite a step up also, as the bathroom is stocked with multiple 100ml bottles of Agraria rather than the couple of little 40ml ones you get otherwise, minibar was filled with more premium items, etc. Would definitely book the Exec Suite for the upgrade here again.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 2:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Carlson Gold, British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Had a very good stay experience here as Spire Amb - booked one night on points (just basic room) then two nights in an Executive Suite on a cash rate. The first night I was upgraded to an Executive Suite in advance for the points night, then at check in I was given the option to either stay in the Executive Suite for the entire stay or move to an upgraded Premier Suite for the last two nights (which I did).

Although I can see logic when people say the Executive Suite is their favourite layout here, the Premier Suite here is an amazing one category upgrade (you go from a suite that sells for 20% more than the basic room to a much larger one that sells for approaching 3x the price). The hotel clearly views it as quite a step up also, as the bathroom is stocked with multiple 100ml bottles of Agraria rather than the couple of little 40ml ones you get otherwise, minibar was filled with more premium items, etc. Would definitely book the Exec Suite for the upgrade here again.
Hi, how long before you checked in were you upgraded to the executive suite ? I have a points stay booked at this hotel in August
Old Apr 8, 2016, 12:38 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
The hotel clearly views it as quite a step up also, as the bathroom is stocked with multiple 100ml bottles of Agraria rather than the couple of little 40ml ones you get otherwise, minibar was filled with more premium items, etc. Would definitely book the Exec Suite for the upgrade here again.
Glad you had a good experience. While I can agree on your conclusion with regards to the spirits maybe, on the toiletries I would say that as long as they still give Agraria it can't be that premium. IMHO, it is not a great product and I don't like it. To me premium may be something like L'Occitane or similar (which IC in Osaka and IC Strings in Tokyo give for all rooms), but not Agraria. But then likes and opinions differ ... YMMV
Old Apr 8, 2016, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by demue
Glad you had a good experience. While I can agree on your conclusion with regards to the spirits maybe, on the toiletries I would say that as long as they still give Agraria it can't be that premium. IMHO, it is not a great product and I don't like it. To me premium may be something like L'Occitane or similar (which IC in Osaka and IC Strings in Tokyo give for all rooms), but not Agraria. But then likes and opinions differ ... YMMV
I am not a big fan of Agraria products neither.

I am amazed that they dare to sell them at such high price:
http://www.agrariahome.com/Lemon-Ver...d-Body-Bundle/

Note that some ICs have Anne Somonin products: very pleasant fragrance and much better quality:
http://www.annesemonin.com
Old Apr 8, 2016, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by demue
To be honest, I don't love Agraria, was just using it to illustrate the point about the room categories. I don't think L'Occitane is *that* premium either.

I actually stayed at IC Strings just over a week ago and got Agraria FYI...
Old Apr 8, 2016, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by charlieduke
Hi, how long before you checked in were you upgraded to the executive suite ? I have a points stay booked at this hotel in August
Was a couple of weeks before I think, I'd booked here and the Beverly Hilton but cancelled the Hilton when I saw the upgrade. I wouldn't assume it will definely happen again though!
Old Apr 10, 2016, 7:44 am

Nevermind

Last edited by 336; Apr 19, 2016 at 12:33 am
Old Apr 19, 2016, 12:33 am

Anyone experience with their "VIP lounge"?
Old Apr 19, 2016, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's rarely staffed. I think they just put someone there when they have a VIP arrival where the hotel has picked them up from the airport or something. RA's are welcome to use it, but most of the time there is no one inside.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Review of my recent stay

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27694411-post293.html
Old Jan 3, 2017, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's rarely staffed. I think they just put someone there when they have a VIP arrival where the hotel has picked them up from the airport or something. RA's are welcome to use it, but most of the time there is no one inside.
I should report back that during my more recent visit a couple of months ago the VIP room was staffed every time I walked by. I checked in and out there and stopped by when I needed something. ^
Old Jan 3, 2017, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I should report back that during my more recent visit a couple of months ago the VIP room was staffed every time I walked by. I checked in and out there and stopped by when I needed something. ^
+1
And staff was simply great

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.