Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Century City Los Angeles Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Starwood, Hyatt Diamond, PC Amb Plat, AA, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
I haven't seen this special posted.

A Travelzoo special at the IC Century City -- it includes an upgrade, 15% off food and bev, 20% off spa.

Must be booked by 2/28

Link

Can this offer be combined with the free weekend night certificate? Is this an eligible rate for earning pts and night credit?
Old Feb 22, 2010, 1:04 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nub2travel
Can this offer be combined with the free weekend night certificate? Is this an eligible rate for earning pts and night credit?
It is likely good for points/night credit -- I've always gotten them on Travelzoo rates. However, when in doubt -- call the hotel and ask.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It looks to me like this hotel no longer belongs to AMEX FHR. Anyone know when they stopped participating? Too bad....
Old Apr 4, 2010, 4:30 am

I will be in LA in August for a week.

I am planning to use the HI Hollywood ( on 15K points) but also wanted to try and stay at the IC LA ( @ 40K pts Id rather pay and use a BOGO as well). How do they compare since the rate is almost identical at $200/nyt?
Old Apr 4, 2010, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Hah! The IC is in a league way, way higher than the HI. I'm typing this from an executive suite at the IC. There is nothing like this at the HI. Not to mention the health club and other hotel facilities.

If you want to be in Hollywood and hit all the clubs and really won't be spending much time at the hotel, then maybe choose the HI.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:16 pm

Programs: QF Gold
HI All,

My parents are going on a cruise to Alaska (for their 25th Anniversary) and have 3 nights prior to spend in Los Angeles (arrive from Australia).

Just wondering if anyone has any experience at this IC or at others if the hotel can / will do anything special for the occasion ?

Looking to book the 1 KING BED DELUXE SUITE on the F&F rate.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:39 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

The deluxe suite is their smallest suite, usually identical in price to a sundeck room. The IC L.A. is pretty by-the-book in my experience, so I doubt that they'll do anything special for the occasion. However, why not get them Ambassador status, book the deluxe suite, and get an upgrade to an executive suite? The executive suites are very nice, about 700sqft and have a great sundeck with a nice view of L.A. (If you really want to splurge, you can get them a 1200sqft luxury suite, but imo the executive suites are nicer than the luxury suites, which have a lot of open space). Does the stay involve a weekend? If so, definitely get Ambassador; the suites at IC L.A. are great value with a BOGO.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 12:15 am

Programs: QF Gold
They wont receive their certificate in time (trip in mid may) and don't the new certificates exclude suites anyway?

Unfortunately I lost my certificate and found it recently (it expired in March ).
Old Dec 14, 2010, 6:38 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
From what I see here its much better then anything else in LA for RA. I'm only PL with PC anor Ambassador even. I have few free nights. I can book @ CP Beverly Hills One bedroom Suite for Sweet Dillema or standard room @ IC. What would you recommend?
Old Dec 14, 2010, 9:52 pm

Programs: *W Plat, Hyatt PLT,PC RA Plat, Virgin Gld, CO Gld, DL Gld, HH Diam, KL Gld
Just had a great stay here as an RA, got a junior suite I think it's called. property is much nicer than appears in pictures. There was this ferrari in the front the whole time made the hotel that much nicer.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by al613
From what I see here its much better then anything else in LA for RA. I'm only PL with PC anor Ambassador even. I have few free nights. I can book @ CP Beverly Hills One bedroom Suite for Sweet Dillema or standard room @ IC. What would you recommend?
No question the IC! The CP is a rather unpleasant hotel IMHO and many aspects of the IC are real luxury. The health club and spa are great.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 7:44 am

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
Looking at staying soon and will email the hotel, will look through the threads later for a contact email.

Looks like the normal suite (which is more like a junior suite) is not much more than a normal room (+$30) for 500-600sqft. Then it goes up to Executive at 700sqft and then to Luxury at 1200sqft, (+100, +200, respectively).

Wonder if booking the normal suite upgrades to a luxury
Old Dec 15, 2010, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by patchan8984
Wonder if booking the normal suite upgrades to a luxury
Well booking the cheapest room upgrades to an Executive Suite. So I would expect a nice bump.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 1:22 am

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
Originally Posted by stimpy
Well booking the cheapest room upgrades to an Executive Suite. So I would expect a nice bump.
I emailed them, booked my (refundable) reservation and booked a deluxe suite basically asking for luxury. They sent back an email saying they upgrade to next available room category only. I emailed back asking her to clarify A and RA upgrade policies haha...but makes sense I would get the executive suite, as pricewise is the same jump as standard room to deluxe suite....crossing my fingers and hoping for more!
Old Dec 16, 2010, 10:01 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I am pretty sure that for their "normal" RA guests, they only upgrade one level (I've stayed there five or six times in the past 2 years, and that's generally what I've been getting; stimpy may be getting above-average upgrades based on stay frequency or negotiation skills). Normally, booking a standard room gets you Deluxe Suite, booking Deluxe Suite or Sundeck gets you an Executive Suite, and booking an Executive Suite gets you the Luxury Suite. (I'm not sure if booking a Luxury Suite gets you some uber-cool suite). I've stayed in all of these room types and have to say that I prefer Executive Suites to Luxury Suites. The Executive Suites have a huge balcony with a nice view, and the room feels more comfortable. The Luxury Suites have a lot of empty space. I think the Sundeck to Executive Suite upgrade is the way to go at IC LA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.