Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Hotel concierge does not respond to emails ([email protected]) - pick up the phone and call instead.

Lounge

120 EUR per room for Ambassadors
150 EUR per room for everyone else
Should be free for all RA's now, for sure if you are a regular guest
Must book club room for free access. Lounge access not part of the regular rate for suites.
Lounge access is included for free with all room categories when you book via a Virtuoso travel agent (see the Luxury Hotels forum if you need one)

Mini-bar
Mini-bar drinks complimentary to RA on both paid and award stays

Update Nov 12 Mini-bar is not complimentary on RA award stays unless you are a regular customer

Print Wikipost

IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2015, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by lotrbfme
How good is the lounge? Debating between staying here or at rhe indigo next door...
One of the best of all the IC's. And it's recently gotten even better with the improvements discussed above. The club is the difference maker for me and why I'll probably never stay at the Indigo or the Marceau IC.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 2:45 am

Indeed. One of the best lounges of any IC. Make sure to be there for afternoon pastries, and go and sit upstairs where it is more spacious and you have a better Opera view.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 5:01 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Had a disappointing stay here last Sat. Booked a club room for c€500. Arrived at 2pm "room not quite ready" would I like to wait in the lounge? Annoying, but ok whatever. No RA recognition / mention. Lasso asked for a 2pm checkout as I had a train at 3:30.

Lounge was excellent. Asked staff to let me know when room ready. Asked again at 3:30 - not yet ready. Ok. When will it be ready? Called housekeeping "about 5pm, it's a nice day you might want to go out for a while." No, I'd like a room. Do you have any vacant rooms available now? "No but this one is a nice one."

Go back at 4:30 - no room. Ask for Duty Manager.

Go back at 4:45 - where's my room and where's the manager, I'm leaving now. "Oh your room is ready".

Seems to be an upgrade to an opera view room. No fruit, no welcome gift. Hair in the sink, scuffed walls. Oh well.

Had a fab night in Paris and went to a good bar called Chez Georges - would go there again! Went to a club. Got in at 4:15.

Went to club lounge at about 1pm for some nourishment - excellent again.

Got back to room, key had stopped working, back to Club lounge - they hadn't noted my late checkout.

Pay bill, not asked how stay was, not thanked for being RA.

Stay posted as non qualifying.

Not impressed at all. Won't be back.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
Had a disappointing stay here last Sat. Booked a club room for c€500. Arrived at 2pm "room not quite ready" would I like to wait in the lounge? Annoying, but ok whatever. No RA recognition / mention. Lasso asked for a 2pm checkout as I had a train at 3:30.

Lounge was excellent. Asked staff to let me know when room ready. Asked again at 3:30 - not yet ready. Ok. When will it be ready? Called housekeeping "about 5pm, it's a nice day you might want to go out for a while." No, I'd like a room. Do you have any vacant rooms available now? "No but this one is a nice one."

Go back at 4:30 - no room. Ask for Duty Manager.

Go back at 4:45 - where's my room and where's the manager, I'm leaving now. "Oh your room is ready".

Seems to be an upgrade to an opera view room. No fruit, no welcome gift. Hair in the sink, scuffed walls. Oh well.

Had a fab night in Paris and went to a good bar called Chez Georges - would go there again! Went to a club. Got in at 4:15.

Went to club lounge at about 1pm for some nourishment - excellent again.

Got back to room, key had stopped working, back to Club lounge - they hadn't noted my late checkout.

Pay bill, not asked how stay was, not thanked for being RA.

Stay posted as non qualifying.

Not impressed at all. Won't be back.
Surprising
Are you sure that you were identified as RA?
Old Jul 27, 2015, 9:31 am

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Surprising
Are you sure that you were identified as RA?
It sounds quite possible that you've fallen victim to the glitch that coincided with the introduction of Spire. Some RA profiles (including mine) are showing up on the IHG system as "Club". This could explain your sub-par treatment.
I would contact guest relations at the hotel, express your disappointment, and ask why you didn't receive any of your entitled benefits. Moreover, that your room was possibly even downgraded (?) There is something amiss here, and I'd be surprised if it wasn't for the reason I've suggested.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I agreee that you need to make sure you are correctly identified. It's your responsibility and can be necessary at any hotel in the world. Don't assume.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 1:39 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by turner32
It sounds quite possible that you've fallen victim to the glitch that coincided with the introduction of Spire. Some RA profiles (including mine) are showing up on the IHG system as "Club". This could explain your sub-par treatment.
I would contact guest relations at the hotel, express your disappointment, and ask why you didn't receive any of your entitled benefits. Moreover, that your room was possibly even downgraded (?) There is something amiss here, and I'd be surprised if it wasn't for the reason I've suggested.
It looks like any and all IC Branded hotels will not have issues and continue to see you as an RA's correctly

It just the non-IC Brands that for RAs see elite status field as "BLANK" and since staff know one is an ihg @rewards person as one has member number, some staff/hotels interpret blank as Club level (although club level will show as CLUB)

CP's both recognised me as Spire but just same bennies as Platinum's , only had issues of being non status at HIE, HI, SBS
Old Jul 28, 2015, 12:24 pm

When you book a Junior Suite, do you get lounge access?
Not an ambassador.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH DIA, Hyatt DIA
Originally Posted by 336
Not an ambassador.
By default, the Junior Suite does not come with Club access, unless specified in the rate description.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 2:35 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by 336
Not an ambassador.
I strongly suggest if you are a)not Ambassador b)want lounge without paying 140eoro/night upsell at checkin

Then you simply need instead of booking on IHG own site you use an agent

You search and book using a Virtuoso Agent. At last count Virtuoso bookings guaranteed and upgrade at checkin and free lounge access too

you may need forgo the qual night and points though booking with Virtuoso
Old Jul 29, 2015, 1:47 am

Programs: SAS EBG, IHG Spire Amb, CCG
Originally Posted by scubaccr
I strongly suggest if you are a)not Ambassador b)want lounge without paying 140eoro/night upsell at checkin

Then you simply need instead of booking on IHG own site you use an agent

You search and book using a Virtuoso Agent. At last count Virtuoso bookings guaranteed and upgrade at checkin and free lounge access too

you may need forgo the qual night and points though booking with Virtuoso
Virtuoso bookings qualifies for points and qualifying nights, at least with Intercontinentals.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If I wanted to book a junior suite at a high end hotel like this one, for more than 4 or 5 days, I'd call up the reservation manager and negotiate club into the deal. If it's a two week or longer stay, you can negotiate even more.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 11:34 am

Programs: Starwood/Hyatt/IHG-PLAT/Hilton-DIA
Question

Originally Posted by chrisljo
Virtuoso bookings qualifies for points and qualifying nights, at least with Intercontinentals.
how do you find virtuoso agents to do virtuoso bookings?

I am staying there in november, i definitely want club

i only am regular ambassador

TIA
Old Jul 29, 2015, 11:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH DIA, Hyatt DIA
Originally Posted by rb23lb
how do you find virtuoso agents to do virtuoso bookings?
I'd recommend this thread (there are quite a few FT Virtuoso agents) or Googling and looking through some of the top results you see.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 11:05 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Carlson Gold
Does anyone know if the hotel offers a special deal on adding breakfast to the room rate upon check in? 45 euros seems quite steep but I'd be tempted at a lower price. I'm a platinum ambassador if that helps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.