Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Bangkok Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2017, 4:40 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
The hotel currently offers all room types for 35k points.
I think coz publicized here error rate is now BLOCKED somehow despite showing (and i guess some bloggers copied from here too) although still shows as 35k all rooms, during booking confirmation screen errors ("We encountered a system problem while processing your request. Please try again or contact the IHG® Rewards Club Customer Care Center for assistance. "), ie account shows deducts 35k fails and recredits 35k point

For anyone who did book, obviously an error rate, so IC BKK can cancel if they wish. I only tried as staying this coming Sunday night anyway and this late in paid rates are higher. I would not try to book weeks ahead on an error rate as would not expect rate to be honoured in situation like this.

Last edited by scubaccr; Jul 18, 2017 at 4:48 pm
Old Jul 18, 2017, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by scubaccr
I think coz publicized here error rate is now BLOCKED somehow despite showing (and i guess some bloggers copied from here too) although still shows as 35k all rooms, during booking confirmation screen errors ("We encountered a system problem while processing your request. Please try again or contact the IHG® Rewards Club Customer Care Center for assistance. "), ie account shows deducts 35k fails and recredits 35k point

For anyone who did book, obviously an error rate, so IC BKK can cancel if they wish. I only tried as staying this coming Sunday night anyway and this late in paid rates are higher. I would not try to book weeks ahead on an error rate as would not expect rate to be honoured in situation like this.

probably you should use the website and not the app. The rate is still available and I would not consider it as an error rate. My corporate rate at this hotel is less than €100 and I would normally never book a room on points in this property.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 6:11 pm

I never understand why upon discovering a mistake rate, some choose to blab about it on FT in an hotel's master thread - a sure fire way to bring it to the hotel's attention.

A corporate rate of less than €100 does not surprise me, and confirms that this hotel is very overpriced at published rates for what it is.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 6:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond
Thank you for posting FLYING LAWYER, I was looking at this for December and by chance read your post. I just booked on the website, points are deducted and the stay is "confirmed", email confirmation too, so the rate isn't blocked as scubaccr said, 1 King Bed Club Intercontinental Suite. Thank you!
This doesn't look like an error, it looks like a damn good promotion to me!
Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:22 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Yep not an error or mistake, a good promotion.
And spreading the word in this community is a decent thing to do in my opinion.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:48 pm

probably you should use the website and not the app. The rate is still available and I would not consider it as an error rate. My corporate rate at this hotel is less than €100 and I would normally never book a room on points in this property.
Hard to claim 35k suite rate is not an error, when only entry level Grande Deluxe room is normally on points. Definitely an error, whether IC Bangkok honour could well depend on how many people jumped on the band wagon, especially those booking multiple suite rooms per night at 35k.

Corporate rate wise in Bangkok totally spoilt for choice all chains, I feel really sorry for those "tourists / IHGers" paying full online booking/advertised rates.

I always use laptop+website (I only use app on my mini-ipad when "using App" is Accelerator task for me), and agree I never have used points in Bangkok due to such low paid rates. It was IHonline G.COM website that errorred the attempted booking and immediately refunded the 35k points

GBP/THB ex is 44 so circa gbp113 with taxes (10% and 7.7% added)

Agreed, corp rates (IHG/HH/MR/SPG/Hyatt) are all a low fixed rate, but apart from one IC Bangkok 2017 corp at 3908++, next lowest (mine) is 4200++. However during 2016 I booked Grand Exec at corp 4600++ (5400++ in 2017) to get +2cat upgrade to Club Corner Suite.

Also IC Bangkok Club Lounge Angels told me use the 3908++ offer (3908++ includes breakfast too) rate as available from Jan2017 since my corp rate as usual ended after 31st Dec and every year new one appears only mid Feb.

My corp rate here was 3500++ in 2015, 3600++ in 2016, and now is 4200++ in 2017 plus IC Bangkok has limited how many rooms as often jumps to standard 15%-Gold discount (maybe too many non-corp guests were using last 6years as was cheapest corp rate here). Along with IC Bangkok, company still have the Conrad 3300++ (2015+2016) and 3350++ (2017), plus newly added with a corp rate in 2017 of Hilton Sukhumvit+DT.
JW Marriott 3600 (2016+2017) and the others too, G Hyatt Erawan (3900++ 2017)

except SPG where only Westin has a good corp rate, all other SPG hotels corp rate is higher

Last edited by scubaccr; Jul 18, 2017 at 9:53 pm
Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:56 pm

Lots of people seemed to have jumped on this one (obviously).
Let's wait and see whether IHG decides to honor these.
I'm pretty sure this was an error and not an intentional promotion of any kind.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I never understand why upon discovering a mistake rate, some choose to blab about it on FT in an hotel's master thread - a sure fire way to bring it to the hotel's attention.

A corporate rate of less than €100 does not surprise me, and confirms that this hotel is very overpriced at published rates for what it is.
Next time a good rate is found everybody will send you a personal email to avoid that a rate like this is published on the Internet. When I joined this community informing others about good rates was one of the ideas. Suggesting not to inform others would have caused a .... storm.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 9:04 am

So it looks like IHG is not honoring the club suite error rates.
How sad..
Old Aug 4, 2017, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by agjil
So it looks like IHG is not honoring the club suite error rates.
How sad..
Fake news. At least in my case they did
Old Aug 4, 2017, 11:28 am

Fake news. At least in my case they did
Not fake news.
My reservation and some of my friends' reservations got changed to not include club lounge access anymore.
At the time of booking, the reservation included club lounge access.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 8:41 pm

Now that I see all the corporate rates at around $ 100/night, I feel stupid to spend 7,665+ Baht for a
Club Intercontinental room. The lounge at the HI next door is closed until March 2018 for renovations.
Where else can I go and still be close to the shopping malls ( Paragon, Central World etc. )?

Last edited by Exleftseat; Aug 5, 2017 at 8:52 am
Old Aug 5, 2017, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by Exleftseat
Now that I see all the corporate rates at around $ 100/night, I feel stupid to spend 7,665+ Baht for a
Club Intercontinental room. The lounge at the HI next door is closed until March 2018 for renovations.
Where else can I go and still be close to the shopping malls ( Paragon, Central World etc. )?
Conrad and JW Marriott spring to mind as good bets, and I have good stays at both

Hyatt Erawan and Marriott Renaissance are also nearby IC Bangkok, if looking for comparable rates and hotels with lounges. (not stayed at either)

Like I posted earlier, all these hotels have corporate rates on entry level rooms in range 3500-4200thb++ , but usual public online rates 5500-6500thb++
(Conrad can often be booked in the frequent HH sales at decent rates)

nb
Hilton+Doubletree Sukhumvit possible, but less convenient location, not as good hotel+lounge, though cheaper rates than the above hotels.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 11:47 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
I'm trying to decide between staying at the IC Bangkok and the Conrad Bangkok. With IHG, I have Plat Elite status. With Hilton I have Diamond status. Clearly at the Conrad I would assume to be upgraded and allowed into the lounge for breakfast/snacks/etc. What are the chances I would be upgraded to a room with lounge access at the IC? This would be for a stay for 3 days right before New Year's Eve.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 2:57 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mpeterson78
I'm trying to decide between staying at the IC Bangkok and the Conrad Bangkok. With IHG, I have Plat Elite status. With Hilton I have Diamond status. Clearly at the Conrad I would assume to be upgraded and allowed into the lounge for breakfast/snacks/etc. What are the chances I would be upgraded to a room with lounge access at the IC? This would be for a stay for 3 days right before New Year's Eve.
Plat means diddly squat at ICs, stay at the Conrad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.