Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Barcelona Fira Center Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2014, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
In addition guests can enjoy the sauna, gymnasium and swimming pool at the hotel.
http://www.ihgplc.com/index.asp?PageID=116&NewsID=3150
Old Oct 7, 2014, 8:27 am

Programs: FB,BD,LH,EK,PC,HH,MR
Crowne Plaza Barcelona Fira Center (now open)

Stayed here on points last month and got upgraded ti deluxe room. Needed to ask this upon check in
Old Oct 11, 2014, 10:35 am

the pool was closed in august for renovation.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Currently staying at CP
Upgraded to suite with club access, with cheapest advance rate with breakfast.

Certainly one of the best Club lounges in Europe (elegant design, charming staff, excellent tapas, very nice selection of drinks).

Pool is now open but at a charge (EUR 15 a day as promotional rate )
Old Oct 13, 2014, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

My complete review:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23668326-post825.html
Old Oct 27, 2014, 10:34 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Currently staying at CP
Upgraded to suite with club access, with cheapest advance rate with breakfast.

Certainly one of the best Club lounges in Europe (elegant design, charming staff, excellent tapas, very nice selection of drinks).

Pool is now open but at a charge (EUR 15 a day as promotional rate )
Did you contact the hotel before your stay? I am asking because it seems that others did not receive any recognition without prompting.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mcgahat
Did you contact the hotel before your stay? I am asking because it seems that others did not receive any recognition without prompting.
No, but when I checked-in, the member of staff said: "wow, this is the first time that I see such a card (Royal Ambassador)"
Old Nov 3, 2014, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by nicolas75
No, but when I checked-in, the member of staff said: "wow, this is the first time that I see such a card (Royal Ambassador)"
Well, that may have helped.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mcgahat
Well, that may have helped.
At a Crowne Plaza? Unlikely, unless staff are still getting to know how IHG works and don't know that Ambassador is for Intercontinental only...
Old Nov 4, 2014, 6:53 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
Originally Posted by craigthemif
At a Crowne Plaza? Unlikely, unless staff are still getting to know how IHG works and don't know that Ambassador is for Intercontinental only...
happened to me even once in a HI in the middle of nowhere of British Colombia
Old Nov 4, 2014, 11:07 am

Unlikely, sure. But not impossible as it does happen even though not officially supposed to. There are numerous reports of RA's getting benefits not normally given to Plats at HI and CP properties.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Well, not exactly obviously.
The member of staff showed me at check-in an IHG document that makes a clear hierarchy of membership levels (RA is of course the highest one...even at CPs).
Old Feb 17, 2015, 1:34 am

I currently have a five-day points stay booked at the Indigo Plaza Catalunya for later this year, but am thinking about switching to this hotel and paying the €20 to upgrade to a club room for lounge access. My question is, what is the hotel's immediate neighborhood like? We don't need to be right by the sights and are comfortable using public transportation, but also enjoy having a hotel in an area that's not too loud or crowded but still has some stuff going on, with plenty of restaurants and bars to choose from in an immediately walkable vicinity. Does that describe this hotel's neighborhood at all? We're basically looking for an area that has a fun and lively vibe but isn't super crowded.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kdoughboy
I currently have a five-day points stay booked at the Indigo Plaza Catalunya for later this year, but am thinking about switching to this hotel and paying the €20 to upgrade to a club room for lounge access. My question is, what is the hotel's immediate neighborhood like? We don't need to be right by the sights and are comfortable using public transportation, but also enjoy having a hotel in an area that's not too loud or crowded but still has some stuff going on, with plenty of restaurants and bars to choose from in an immediately walkable vicinity. Does that describe this hotel's neighborhood at all? We're basically looking for an area that has a fun and lively vibe but isn't super crowded.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23668326-post825.html
Old Feb 17, 2015, 12:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by kdoughboy
Where did you read that a 20 Euro payment would give 2 access to the Club Lounge on an award stay?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.