Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Barcelona Fira Center Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2015, 6:13 am

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Just had a points stay there. Nice hotel, nice service, great location for exploring the museums.
Was able to check in early, great after arriving at 08:00 am!
Platinum choice of amenity or drink+snack coupon (gave us two since there were two of us). The snack was a can of Pringles; odd!
Offered 20 euro per person discounted rate for executive lounge. If we were planning to breakfast and tapas it would have been worth it, but we had dinner plans.
I'd stay there.
But I'd certainly still prefer to have an IC in Barcelona.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 9:34 am

Nice. Good to know that they were able to accomodate you that early. We are getting into BCN at 8:35 AM so would be great if we can be accomodated that early too. I guess if not then we can always just leave our luggage.

Originally Posted by vsevolod4
Just had a points stay there. Nice hotel, nice service, great location for exploring the museums.
Was able to check in early, great after arriving at 08:00 am!
Platinum choice of amenity or drink+snack coupon (gave us two since there were two of us). The snack was a can of Pringles; odd!
Offered 20 euro per person discounted rate for executive lounge. If we were planning to breakfast and tapas it would have been worth it, but we had dinner plans.
I'd stay there.
But I'd certainly still prefer to have an IC in Barcelona.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 11:56 am

Just an update. We stayed there in July and we did get checked in early. As far as leaving early in the morning (we left around 5:30-6AM I think), we called them the night before and they prepared breakfast boxes with a sandwich, apple, juice, and some other stuff (I don't remember). That was a nice touch.

As for the lounge, it was great. They had a good breakfast spread and decent evening snacks. It's not enough for dinner but good to have before heading out again for dinner. We walked a lot (~6-10 miles per day) so I appreciated having those pit stops for breakfast, before leaving the hotel in the morning, when we got back in the evening, and before we headed out for dinner. It made such a difference.

As for location, I thought it was a great location assuming you like walking. It's really close to the magic fountains, Plaza de Espana, and Las Arenas. We even walked all the way to Plaza Catalunya and discovered all sorts of places along the way. For the rest of our transportation, we used the airport bus, trains, and taxis. In addition, the location of the hotel and its surroundings felt safe everywhere we went.

Last edited by travellingpinoy; Sep 11, 2015 at 12:05 pm
Old Sep 28, 2015, 11:41 am

Staying here in July 2016

We will be staying here for two nights next July before heading our on a cruise. We were trying for Indigo, but those two days are unavailable. But that's OK, because I am liking the sound of the CP better now after doing some more reading. We are more into food and wine, and it sounds like the Poble Sec neighborhood is like that.

Does anyone know if there is a shuttle from the airport? If not, what is the best way to get to the hotel? The metro seems a bit far with luggage.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kuhnto
We will be staying here for two nights next July before heading our on a cruise. We were trying for Indigo, but those two days are unavailable. But that's OK, because I am liking the sound of the CP better now after doing some more reading. We are more into food and wine, and it sounds like the Poble Sec neighborhood is like that.

Does anyone know if there is a shuttle from the airport? If not, what is the best way to get to the hotel? The metro seems a bit far with luggage.
No hotel shuttle.

You can take the Aerobus http://www.aerobusbcn.com/en/home It will stop at Plaza Espanya, which isn't too far from the CP.

The cheapest option is to take the free bus to T2 then the train to Sants and connect onto the metro to Plaza Espanya or Poble Sec.

Otherwise take a taxi. Should be no more than 20-25 euros. For anybody unfamiliar with Barcelona and/or with luggage, this is the way to go...
Old Oct 6, 2015, 10:19 am

I second that. We took the train and it would have worked out great but somehow I thought we were supposed to get off at Plaza Catalunya (instead of Plaza Espanya)... which is a bit of a walk especially with rolling luggage in hand. No biggie, though, since that gave us a chance to get more familiar with the city right away.

That said, I am partial to the Aerobus. I would still take the Aerobus since there is little to no hassle. The Aerobus terminal was right outside the terminal doors and it did not cost that much more money than the train, either. When you get off at Plaza Espanya, just walk toward the Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya (where the Magic Fountains are - it's a big impressive building on top of a hill - you can't miss it). Then hang a left. The hotel will be on the second corner on the right.

Originally Posted by craigthemif
No hotel shuttle.

You can take the Aerobus http://www.aerobusbcn.com/en/home It will stop at Plaza Espanya, which isn't too far from the CP.

The cheapest option is to take the free bus to T2 then the train to Sants and connect onto the metro to Plaza Espanya or Poble Sec.

Otherwise take a taxi. Should be no more than 20-25 euros. For anybody unfamiliar with Barcelona and/or with luggage, this is the way to go...
Old Nov 23, 2015, 4:13 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
Just made a reservation to CP BCN using 30.000 points (vs. 285 € for a paid stay, so a decent value for points).

Opted the club room e-upgrade offer (20 euro per person) which seems like a good deal considering the nice-looking offerings (desayuno y tapas con Möet) in the executive lounge.

Anyone have any recent experiences in this hotel?
Old Nov 23, 2015, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Karjaluokka
Just made a reservation to CP BCN using 30.000 points (vs. 285 € for a paid stay, so a decent value for points).

Opted the club room e-upgrade offer (20 euro per person) which seems like a good deal considering the nice-looking offerings (desayuno y tapas con Möet) in the executive lounge.

Anyone have any recent experiences in this hotel?
I stayed at this hotel 2 weeks ago (review coming soon).

Excellent stay as usual (upgraded at club floor with club access with best advance rate).
Old Nov 23, 2015, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I ll be there later this week - looks like there are some nice local (eg not touristy) restaurants nearby... nicolas75, have you by any chance tried anything within 5-10 min walk?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 2:36 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nicolas75
I stayed at this hotel 2 weeks ago (review coming soon)--
nicolas75, anxiously looking forward to your review, did I missed it?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 2:47 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
You may have a look on his previous posts about CP BCN, why would it have changed as of late? I am planning to try CP too next time I am in town. Indigo as well. Hoping for some extra Spire pampering
Old Dec 2, 2015, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by azepine00
I ll be there later this week - looks like there are some nice local (eg not touristy) restaurants nearby... nicolas75, have you by any chance tried anything within 5-10 min walk?
The best restaurant next to CP is certainly Tickets (managed by Ferran Adrià).

Absolutely superb cuisine experience in a relax atmosphere.

Around EUR 65 by person. You need to reserve.
Less than 10 minutes walk from the hotel.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I am terribly late in my hotel reviews (a lot if work).

I had as usual a very pleasant stay at CP (all the more appreciated that it was on Saturday 14th, next to Paris attacks).

Very friendly staff (new reception manager is French, and had previously worked at Ritz Carlton Arts Barcelona: really great).

He told me that hotel is planning a rooftop pool in 2016 and some renovation of lobby. They are also imaging some improvement of the club lounge (which is already great).

Definitely a good option in BCN (even if the city has a massive choice of very good properties, some of them with much charm).
Old Dec 2, 2015, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I enjoyed my stay there - more residential area away from the touristy crowds. Nice lounge with breakfast plus snacks and alcohol available all day.
Rented an electric bike to go up to olympic stadium eur 15 for 2 hr iirc. Quite a few grocery stores and restaurants nearby, inexpensive parking. We had one room upgrade confirmed ahead of time and they kindly upgraded the second one too. Suites are small but do provide bedroom separation and foldout couch. Large tvs. No hotel pool (paid spa access which we didnt try). Only one elevator was working though - they really should fix this.
Used Poble sec metro on green line - much easier than espanya.
We also had 1 night at indigo and unless one really needs to be in the touristy area i would pick cp over it.

Last edited by azepine00; Dec 2, 2015 at 10:08 am
Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nicolas75
I am terribly late in my hotel reviews (a lot if work).

I had as usual a very pleasant stay at CP (all the more appreciated that it was on Saturday 14th, next to Paris attacks).

Very friendly staff (new reception manager is French, and had previously worked at Ritz Carlton Arts Barcelona: really great).

He told me that hotel is planning a rooftop pool in 2016 and some renovation of lobby. They are also imaging some improvement of the club lounge (which is already great).

Definitely a good option in BCN (even if the city has a massive choice of very good properties, some of them with much charm).
done
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25814140-post616.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.