Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2014, 4:37 am

Programs: IC Spire Ambassador, A3*G, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by lingua101
Err I even more confuse trying to understand what you are trying to say.

You said the survey doesn't count towards the win big challenge. Then you said the survey is one of the offer. You needs to complete the offers to get big win challenge.

Aren't you contradicting yourself?

Not really sure What is your point though
From MY points of view the Survey is an offer like all the other offers (only that it is not a stay based offer) and should count towards the "Win big" challenge.

However from THEIR point of view (IHG Ambassador Service) you have to complete a certain number of stay based offers to complete the "Win big" challenge.

My problem is: I cannot read anywhere in the T&C that the offers counting towards the "Win big" challenge have to be stay based offers.

Got it now?
Old Feb 22, 2014, 11:03 am

Programs: AA (Exec Plat), ANA (Plat), Club Carlson (Gld), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Plat), SPG (Gld)
Originally Posted by Flamewing
From MY points of view the Survey is an offer like all the other offers (only that it is not a stay based offer) and should count towards the "Win big" challenge.

However from THEIR point of view (IHG Ambassador Service) you have to complete a certain number of stay based offers to complete the "Win big" challenge.

My problem is: I cannot read anywhere in the T&C that the offers counting towards the "Win big" challenge have to be stay based offers.

Got it now?
Interesting. My mom has a total of 6 offers on her account including "Survey the Win" and her offer states she needs to complete 6 offers. As such, are you saying that IHG is stating that since she only has 5 stay offers she can't qualify for the Big Win? I find this impossible since no company would launch a promotion that they knew you couldn't complete.

In my case, I have 7 offers under the "My Offers" section, and my Big Win states I need to complete 6 of "My Offers." As such, there isn't much room for confusion, since "Survey the Win" is listed under "My Offers" it counts as 1 of the 6 offers I need to complete.

If Ambassador Customer Service is giving you the wrong information, then you need to HUCA to find an agent who understands the promotion and can rectify whatever issue you are having that is preventing you from qualifying for the "Big Win" by completing the "Survey the Win" Offer.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by Joe1690
If Ambassador Customer Service is giving you the wrong information, then you need to HUCA to find an agent who understands the promotion and can rectify whatever issue you are having that is preventing you from qualifying for the "Big Win" by completing the "Survey the Win" Offer.
Indeed !

Similarly, I have 5 "offers" in my Big Win promotion including the Survey.

And my Big Win says "Complete 5 of your offers and earn 39,000 points". So logically is seems clear that the Survey is a qualifying "offer" for the purposes of completing The Big Win.

That of course is the problem when calling Customer Service to inquire about promotions of this type. They probably have received little (if any) useful information on the promotion, yet they feel compelled to say something to the customer, so they end up giving out incorrect information.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by Joe1690
My mom has a total of 6 offers on her account including "Survey the Win" and her offer states she needs to complete 6 offers.
Originally Posted by thebobmc
Indeed !
Similarly, I have 5 "offers" in my Big Win promotion including the Survey.
And my Big Win says "Complete 5 of your offers and earn 39,000 points".
STRIKE! ^
It would be perfect if you could make screenshots and send them to me should IHG constantly go on refusing to count my Survey towards the "Win big" challenge!
Old Feb 22, 2014, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat, MAR Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
IHG customer service is incompetent--this offer should be called The Big Scam. Anybody contemplating this challenge should save themselves a headache and don't bother. I've been IHG plat for 5+ years, done dealing with them even though they've got some decent properties.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 1:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by lingua101
Not true, I got 100 points for completing the survey.

But book direct never accounted for due to it issue.

I have given up on this big win, although I think I can actually complete it.
Read again please. I said it has not been counted towards the Big Win. I got my 100 points within a minute too, as has been reported here. But, when looking at the Big Win challenge, which means completing X offers, it does not count, which is an error that they are working on.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
How did they get the first round of Bug Win to work so well yet bungled this one so badly? I have an extremely doable set of goals that would require at most 2 deviations from normal habits and yet I am looking at Marriott's Megabonus rather than the mess of Big Win 2.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by johhenrik
Read again please. I said it has not been counted towards the Big Win. I got my 100 points within a minute too, as has been reported here. But, when looking at the Big Win challenge, which means completing X offers, it does not count, which is an error that they are working on.
Who said that they were working on THAT?
What they told me sounded different:
See my ealier post.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 3:11 pm

I can't seem to login to the Big Win page to track my progress. Is there a certain link or a way to see the progress on my account page?
Old Feb 22, 2014, 3:13 pm

Programs: 1k MM, Hyatt Diamond,Marriott Gold, IHG Sphire, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Carson Gold
Just finished mine hope it all post
Old Feb 22, 2014, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
The survey shows as Completed on my Big Win page; however, it has not been credited as a completed task (overall), nor have I received the 100 points.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by Ben Klein
I can't seem to login to the Big Win page to track my progress. Is there a certain link or a way to see the progress on my account page?
Ben Klein, welcome to FlyerTalk ! Hope you enjoy the discussion.

The link that I use to login to The Big Win is;

https://bigwin.ihg.com/amer/us/en/lo...ring14_DEFAULT

The page can sometimes take a while to load, and you can't complete the login process until it is fully loaded. So be patient.

And to respond to Exiled in Express's comment a few posts back, the Fall 2013 version of The Big Win didn't work that well. The "book with us" nights took a looooooooong time to post, but they did eventually post and I received my points.

I suspect the problems that people are having this time around will eventually sort themselves out as well, but I can appreciate the frustrations that are being expressed. People want to make plans, and if these plans include hotel stays to qualify for the promotion we want to be sure that we will get the bonus that has been promised !!!
Old Feb 22, 2014, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by thebobmc
Ben Klein, welcome to FlyerTalk ! Hope you enjoy the discussion.

The link that I use to login to The Big Win is;

https://bigwin.ihg.com/amer/us/en/lo...ring14_DEFAULT

The page can sometimes take a while to load, and you can't complete the login process until it is fully loaded. So be patient.

And to respond to Exiled in Express's comment a few posts back, the Fall 2013 version of The Big Win didn't work that well. The "book with us" nights took a looooooooong time to post, but they did eventually post and I received my points.

I suspect the problems that people are having this time around will eventually sort themselves out as well, but I can appreciate the frustrations that are being expressed. People want to make plans, and if these plans include hotel stays to qualify for the promotion we want to be sure that we will get the bonus that has been promised !!!
Agreed. But ultimately they do seem to post. Also, it appears they update the points postings on Monday evenings - so you may want to check on Tuesday AM each week before posting. If they haven't hit then - you'll likely have to wait another week
Old Feb 22, 2014, 10:45 pm
Suspended

ANA Hotels in Japan & Big Win

Do stays at the various ANA Hotels in Japan count towards all the Big Win challenges (including the one that requires a Best Flex Rate with Breakfast)? Or is there some rule, which has remained obscure to me so far, that excludes these from the Big Win promo?
Old Feb 23, 2014, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
When you click on that option, the rate on the turns from "best flexible rate" to "best flexible rate with breakfast". So those hotels that have the "+" checkbox for breakfast are the only ones where you can get that rate.

But it's not always $10. I've seen $5, I've seen $12, I've seen $15, and there are probably other amounts.
I have seen one as high as $50!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.