Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC's & RA Club Access Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2013, 4:10 am

See my post 1162 in the RA experiences thread.

At the IC Boston, the front desk agent told me that the hotel is now offering free club access to all RAs. This policy may change, but at least right now, RAs get complimentary club access.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Updated from this and RA experience thread. Thanks! ^
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:11 pm

My experience in Jan 2013:

Sydney: Club but no room upgrade (got the same tiny room I booked on two visits)
Melbourne: No Club for RA, but room they call suite (but does not feel like one). Club for extra 30 AU$ (which for two people is a good price)
Bangkok as usual ether suite or club
Saigon as usual Club and Suite (real one with living room and bedroom)
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
My experience in Jan 2013:

Sydney: Club but no room upgrade (got the same tiny room I booked on two visits)
Melbourne: No Club for RA, but room they call suite (but does not feel like one). Club for extra 30 AU$ (which for two people is a good price)
Bangkok as usual ether suite or club
Saigon as usual Club and Suite (real one with living room and bedroom)
Thanks.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 2:41 pm

Both reports not ready for prime time, imho they need to be confirmed (or not confirmed) by others.

IC Berlin
Booked the cheapest room, got upgraded to a club deluxe room, with club access.
This happened the first time to me at IC Berlin. Could be because I am a known guest who got some security clearance, the Secret Service occupied all suites, I was just lucky or they changed their policy.

IC Frankfurt
Booked cheapest room, got Deluxe corner room with club access. The check-in staff told me, that their policy will change. and beginning February 4th, Royal Ambassadors will only get club access, if they book a deluxe room or better.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cazane
Both reports not ready for prime time, imho they need to be confirmed (or not confirmed) by others.

IC Berlin
This happened the first time to me at IC Berlin. Could be because I am a known guest who got some security clearance, the Secret Service occupied all suites, I was just lucky or they changed their policy.

IC Frankfurt
Booked cheapest room, got Deluxe corner room with club access. The check-in staff told me, that their policy will change. and beginning February 4th, Royal Ambassadors will only get club access, if they book a deluxe room or better.
Thanks for the update, anyone else staying at Frankfurt please report back.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 3:10 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA

IC Berlin
they don't upgrade consistently to Club. If they are in need of junior suites, it happens that they upgrade RA's to Club Deluxe. Happened at 40% of my stays last year

Last edited by FLYGVA; Feb 11, 2013 at 5:22 am Reason: repaired quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 11:18 am

Programs: UA: Global Services, IGH/HI: Plat RA
IC Nanjing: 1 room upgrade (nice but not a suite) and club access. Club lounge is nice but dinner selections are limited (I know the lounge is supposed to just be for cocktails but...). Overall, a VERY nice hotel.

IC Shanghai Pudong: 1 room upgrade and club access. Lounge is nice. Hotel is nice but a bit dated.

IC Chicago Ohare: 1 room upgrade. Does not have a lounge. A bit disappointed that no breakfast options were provided. Hotel is nice but breakfast is an issue.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 6:52 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MadAngler
IC Chicago Ohare: [...] A bit disappointed that no breakfast options were provided.
I've read reports (on FT and VFTW) that breakfast vouchers are given on request. Obviously not as good as having a clear and consistent policy but may be worth noting for future visits. I'm there in May and will try to remember to (i) ask if necessary and (ii) post the result here.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 11:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IMH
I've read reports (on FT and VFTW) that breakfast vouchers are given on request. Obviously not as good as having a clear and consistent policy but may be worth noting for future visits. I'm there in May and will try to remember to (i) ask if necessary and (ii) post the result here.
I've asked 2 times and been given 2 times, both though begrudgingly.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 12:04 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Gold, RA, QF Gold, UA 1K

For IC Melbourne, they will upgrade to a junior suite. Club room is No longer a part of upgrade. They sell club access for $30 per day but you can have breakfast in the restaurant.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 2:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yucci18
For IC Melbourne, they will upgrade to a junior suite. Club room is No longer a part of upgrade. They sell club access for $30 per day but you can have breakfast in the restaurant.
So no choice right?
Old Feb 9, 2013, 4:38 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Gold, RA, QF Gold, UA 1K

No choice... I asked the front desk manager and also the room revenue manager.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 10:00 am

IC Frankfurt
Unfortunatly my report seems to be more or less confirmed: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20215078-post172.html
Old Feb 9, 2013, 9:35 pm

Programs: IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond
Angry IC seoul(coex & grand)

From 2013

paid stay
coex : upgrade(1 category)+ club access
grand : upgrade(1 category) + club access(include BOGOF)

reward stay
coex : only upgrade(1category)
grand : only upgrade(1 category)
if you wanna access the club lounge, piad $100 on reward night

Last edited by hrchon; Feb 10, 2013 at 11:08 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.