Search

IC's & RA Club Access Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2013, 2:24 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by spunk_tokyo
I thought IC ANA Tokyo and other Japanese IC stopped giving complimentary club lounge access for RA. Is your original room reservation includes club lounge access or did you pay for club lounge acceess?
They don't grant access. It is JPY 10,000 per night unfortunately
Old Apr 6, 2013, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by yasuki
From 8th in April when the new club lounge would be opened, the club lounge access will not be given for RA.
Other than the Japanese which I don't read, any other intel!
Old Apr 6, 2013, 10:36 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by yasuki
Many staffs have asked me to keep staying at their IHG propaties in Japan because they know what the the regional (Tokyo) GM had done at IC Singapore before. He stopped giving the lounge access for RA members when he was a GM there, and after he left there, a new GM re-offered the lounge access for RA again and many RA have came back there and they are happy now.
Thank you for the update about IC TB's new policy! Very disappointing! What I don't understand is how they think they can get away with it. With IC Singapore, even when they refused club access, they upgraded to the L-shaped "Premier" room, which could pass muster as a junior suite, and thus satisfied the RA requirement. But IC TB doesn't have "Premier" rooms. And they only have a handful of suites. So what are they going to do for RAs? Classify the slightly larger corner rooms as "executive" (like the "executive" rooms at IC SF-MH that were standard rooms but had a fax machine)? Give "higher floor" rooms to RAs? It just doesn't make sense!
Old Apr 6, 2013, 7:59 pm

Programs: NH-PLT/SFC, JL-JMG/JGP, SPG-PLT, HH-DIA, GP-DIA,PC/IC-P/RA,MR-GLD
Originally Posted by jpdx
Thank you for the update about IC TB's new policy! Very disappointing! What I don't understand is how they think they can get away with it. With IC Singapore, even when they refused club access, they upgraded to the L-shaped "Premier" room, which could pass muster as a junior suite, and thus satisfied the RA requirement. But IC TB doesn't have "Premier" rooms. And they only have a handful of suites. So what are they going to do for RAs? Classify the slightly larger corner rooms as "executive" (like the "executive" rooms at IC SF-MH that were standard rooms but had a fax machine)? Give "higher floor" rooms to RAs? It just doesn't make sense!
I guess that IC Tokyo Bay would offer RAs the room on the executive floor( 18th-19th). The guests staying at the executive floor may have express breakfast at New York lounge on the 1st floor.

Sorry, only in Japanese.
http://www.interconti-tokyo.com/2013...tay/executive/
Old Apr 8, 2013, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
IC Yokohama Grand

A data point - booked cheapest, 1 week before the stay the booking already shows King Club City View
Old Apr 18, 2013, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

An update on Tokyo area IHG hotels

IC Yokohama - upgraded to "King Club Intercontinental City View" room from cheapest (on the form it read "due to room not available"). Front desk said "no club access" Didn't start discussion just went to my room and on to the lounge. No problem with access. The club itself is one of the weakest I have seen in the IC world.

IC ANA Tokyo - upgraded to "King Club corner suite" from cheapest room ^ Club not offered and not asked - late check-in, early checkout, could not peruse the club anyway. (EDIT - from the room description it seems that club woould have been incl) Excellent room upgrade, shame about the short stay.

CP Narita - upgraded to "Junior Suite" - and some people say Plat status is worthless...

Last edited by WilcoRoger; Apr 19, 2013 at 2:49 am Reason: Updated room types
Old Apr 18, 2013, 11:53 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
some updates for Mexico:

Puebla: booked reward received King Club
Mexico City: booked reward received King Club
Mexico City Santa Fe: booked cheapest received King Suite with Club
Old Apr 22, 2013, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
and some people say Plat status is worthless...
not at all....i have received some really nice suite upgrades with my plat status....
Old Apr 22, 2013, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat, ICH Plat RA, Hyatt Diamond, LAN Prem Silver
An update on Tokyo area IHG hotels

IC Yokohama - upgraded to "King Club Intercontinental City View" room from cheapest (on the form it read "due to room not available"). Front desk said "no club access" Didn't start discussion just went to my room and on to the lounge. No problem with access. The club itself is one of the weakest I have seen in the IC world.

IC ANA Tokyo - upgraded to "King Club corner suite" from cheapest room ^ Club not offered and not asked - late check-in, early checkout, could not peruse the club anyway. (EDIT - from the room description it seems that club woould have been incl) Excellent room upgrade, shame about the short stay.

CP Narita - upgraded to "Junior Suite" - and some people say Plat status is worthless...

What is your status? Are you any type of ambassador?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by boar
What is your status? Are you any type of ambassador?
Yes, the Royal type for the time.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 9:08 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, ICH Plat RA, Hyatt Diamond, LAN Prem Silver
Yes, the Royal type for the time.
In that case both the Yokohoma IC and ANA Tokyo are not obeying the Royal Ambassador terms and conditions which clearly state that club access must be given if a customer is given a club room. Must be worth printing off rule 10 before you next stay at one of these properties.

Last edited by boar; Apr 23, 2013 at 9:14 am
Old Apr 23, 2013, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by boar
In that case both the Yokohoma IC and ANA Tokyo are not obeying the Royal Ambassador terms and conditions which clearly state that club access must be given if a customer is given a club room. Must be worth printing off rule 10 before you next stay at one of these properties.
To be fair, in Yokohama I had no issues using the Club - frontdesk was confused about the rules, but the club personnel was welcoming.

At the ANA IC I might have had Club access, but when I arrived, it was so late that didn't fancy going anywhere but sleep and when I left they were not yet open, so I'm not yet ready to pass judgement.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Not sure if it was mentioned before here, but the current T's and C's at https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...rms-conditions say that Where a Club InterContinental room is given, Club lounge access must also be given.

So I guess I will print this out on my next trip to Japan.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 4:10 pm

Programs: LH M&M SEN, bmi DC Gold, CO Gold Elite, bahn.comfort nothing
IC DUS
RA
Booked Exec with Breakfast.

Got Exec + Club Access.
Might have gotten Exec Suite if i had asked, but didnt as i traveled alone.
As always they offered Double Upgrade as alternative, but i doubt they would have given the LifeStyle Suite as the Double Upgrade... Exec Suite is the Maximum.
Old May 2, 2013, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IC Warsaw

Booked deluxe (1 step up from cheapest) got Presidential suite(!) Checked in in the club, friendly dragonette was adamant, that either I can have Club access (and my original deluxe room) or the Presidential suite but no Club. Would not bend to my jr suite + club proposition, saying that rules changed in Feb. Finally she offered club for 35€

I know, I know, T&C says differently but did not feel like fighting as I was expected below.

BTW the Prez suite is enourmous - I can easily get lost here :-)

What I really don't get that they equal an upg to the prez suite (not even listed on the website, but jr suite is already 200€ extra) with Club acces at 35€

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.