Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC's & RA Club Access Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2013, 10:47 am

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
just to understand you correctly - you are a Royal Ambassador, stayed at the IC Madrid, were upgraded to a club room and did not receive club access?
YES... RA.(I have 20+ reviews of IC properties in Europe, Asia and US). Booked advanced rate lowest category and was upgraded to club without access. Also, discussed with club hostess...she explained that IC Madrid had been doing it "wrong in the past" and the IC sent them a letter to bring them in-line with other properties using London as an example. Advised this was there new policy going forward, another RA confirmed the same about a week after my stay. She offered me a discount rate of 60euros i believe. I advised that i wouldnt of stayed at this property if access wasnt part of the benifit, after a long discussion a "1 time exception" was made. Not a pleasant discussion after i just arrived, with delays caused by the big winter storm in Feb. She was very clear, this was the new policy and acknowledged that it had been given in the past...
Old Mar 17, 2013, 10:49 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by shawntobi
YES... RA.(I have 20+ reviews of IC properties in Europe, Asia and US). Booked advanced rate lowest category and was upgraded to club without access. Also, discussed with club hostess...she explained that IC Madrid had been doing it "wrong in the past" and the IC sent them a letter to bring them in-line with other properties using London as an example. Advised this was there new policy going forward, another RA confirmed the same about a week after my stay. She offered me a discount rate of 60euros i believe. I advised that i wouldnt of stayed at this property if access wasnt part of the benifit, after a long discussion a "1 time exception" was made.
then complain to the ambassador desk either by phone or by email. most club rooms in Madrid are not any different than regular rooms (except you get a corner room). club room without club access is rediculous.
in London you are NEVER upgraded to a club room. you either receive a deluxe executive room or a suite - both without club access.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 5:41 am

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Flying Blue Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Intercontinental Beijing Financial District: got suite and lounge-access.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 4:12 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
I'm going to IC Madrid at Easter and after reading their new stance on lounge access I cancelled my reservation and changed to a room with Club Access. The Club Access is a major part of the IC experience for me - should get a better upgrade as well
Old Mar 20, 2013, 8:59 am

Programs: Priority Club - RA, United - Premier Executive, Starwood hotels - gold -
Same story in Tokyo/Yokohama - club room upgrade for RA without club access, offering to pay extra for club lounge "usage". The lounge manager/guest relations manager? in Yokohama IC saying it's new "policy in Tokyo ICs" since last November - no club lounge access unless it's included in the paid rate.

Do they have the right to adopt their own rules?

I am a regular at 3 out of Tokyo+Yokohama ICs, haven't been there for a few months and here's this strange new rule... Should I contact Ambassador Customer Service or what?
Old Mar 20, 2013, 11:16 am

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Zoo-san
Same story in Tokyo/Yokohama - club room upgrade for RA without club access, offering to pay extra for club lounge "usage". The lounge manager/guest relations manager? in Yokohama IC saying it's new "policy in Tokyo ICs" since last November - no club lounge access unless it's included in the paid rate.

I am a regular at 3 out of Tokyo+Yokohama ICs, haven't been there for a few months and here's this strange new rule... Should I contact Ambassador Customer Service or what?
They can adopt anything they want, since Club access isnt part of the T&C's. It simply says upgrade to Executive room or suite.... Without club, I simply revert to Hilton if its an option. It appears that IC's are starting to go to the lowest common denominator, ie minimum required. If Singapore or Thailand were to OPT out, I will do the same....
Old Mar 20, 2013, 11:41 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Zoo-san

Per others who have stayed since the ANA & Strings instituted this policy, Tokyo Bay IC is NOT following suit (at least as of yet). As such, all RAs should funnel their business to them if the location is convenient enough to do so!
Old Mar 23, 2013, 4:48 pm

Another data point for Madrid,

Booked a DOUBLE BED EXECUTIVE DELUXE ROOM

got a DBL BED DELUXE JUNIOR SUITE

With club access.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
Per others who have stayed since the ANA & Strings instituted this policy, Tokyo Bay IC is NOT following suit (at least as of yet). As such, all RAs should funnel their business to them if the location is convenient enough to do so!
Hope it stays this way, every stay in Tokyo I continue to book at the Tokyo Bay IC.

Everything has been updated to date.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 9:26 pm

Programs: NH-PLT/SFC, JL-JMG/JGP, SPG-PLT, HH-DIA, GP-DIA,PC/IC-P/RA,MR-GLD
IC Manza Beach Resort, Japan

Booked the cheapest room

I could choose the suite without lounge access or the room on the premium floor with lounge access
Old Mar 27, 2013, 7:51 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
IC Bucharest

New data point for IC Bucharest, Romania

For 2013 no free Lounge to RA's as previously reported on paid/reward nights

However current 2013 Lounge rate of 39 euro (I think 35euros in 2012) is 50% discounted to 20 euro per room per night for RA's

++ Reception volunteered that with Lounge Access you can take breakfast in Corsa restaurant if one wishes.

PS
My rate included both breakfast and lounge so could not test breakfast being ok in corsa if lounge access only, though I did find more choice in Corsa than Lounge.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Thanks, updated.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 5:03 am

Programs: NW Diamond, LH SEN, PC Spire - RA, TG PlatHyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Zol
How is the Exec Lounge?
Very large and spacious, limited canapes and breakfast options.
I thought IC ANA Tokyo and other Japanese IC stopped giving complimentary club lounge access for RA. Is your original room reservation includes club lounge access or did you pay for club lounge acceess?
Old Apr 4, 2013, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by spunk_tokyo
I thought IC ANA Tokyo and other Japanese IC stopped giving complimentary club lounge access for RA. Is your original room reservation includes club lounge access or did you pay for club lounge acceess?
doesn't the tokyo bay property still give access????
Old Apr 4, 2013, 11:03 pm

Programs: NH-PLT/SFC, JL-JMG/JGP, SPG-PLT, HH-DIA, GP-DIA,PC/IC-P/RA,MR-GLD
Originally Posted by Keyser
doesn't the tokyo bay property still give access????
From 8th in April when the new club lounge would be opened, the club lounge access will not be given for RA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.