Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC's & RA Club Access Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2012, 3:54 am

Programs: LH M&M SEN, bmi DC Gold, CO Gold Elite, bahn.comfort nothing
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Wow, this is very counter to lots of other RA's experience including me. Did you have to beg/plead to get club access?
I asked for the RA Benefits upfront and got to choose between a 1Category Upgrade + Club Access, or 2 Category Upgrade without Club Access.

For Paid Stays it is:
Superior -> Club Level + Access
or
Superior -> Executive without Access.

Last edited by piiit; Sep 10, 2012 at 6:07 am
Old Sep 9, 2012, 6:06 am

Programs: NH-PLT/SFC, JL-JMG/JGP, SPG-PLT, HH-DIA, GP-DIA,PC/IC-P/RA,MR-GLD
IC Shanghai Pudong

I stayed there for two nights from 7th of September and was asked whether I would choose the club benefit or the suite room without the club benefit as usual as before at the check-in as RA benefit, and off course I chose the club benefit. I enjoyed the great club lounge and was told that I might have breakfast at the restaurant on the 1st floor.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 11:14 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
you list the IC Tokyo ANA as giving club access, but they took it away along with the Strings this summer. Tokyo Bay is the only one left in Tokyo...
Old Sep 9, 2012, 6:02 pm

My experience in the last few weeks:

Choice of Club or Suite:
Saigon, Bangkok

Normal room plus club:
Nanjing, HK Grand Stanford

Club plus Suite:
Dalian, Hangzhou, Shenzhen

Need to buy club, upgrade to Suite:
Sanya
Old Sep 10, 2012, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by piiit
I asked for the RA Benefits upfront and got to choose between a 1Category Upgrade + Club Access, or 2 Category Upgrade without Club Access.

For Paid Stays it is:
Superior -> Club Level + Access
or
Superior -> Executive without Access.
Earlier reports had choice, but recent reports said no. Maybe still choice?

Originally Posted by yasuki
I stayed there for two nights from 7th of September and was asked whether I would choose the club benefit or the suite room without the club benefit as usual as before at the check-in as RA benefit, and off course I chose the club benefit. I enjoyed the great club lounge and was told that I might have breakfast at the restaurant on the 1st floor.
Nice, I'll move it to choice.

Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
you list the IC Tokyo ANA as giving club access, but they took it away along with the Strings this summer. Tokyo Bay is the only one left in Tokyo...
What??? Are you serious? I thought ANA was still giving club access and only Strings downhill.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 3:46 pm

Earlier reports had choice, but recent reports said no. Maybe still choice?

Nice, I'll move it to choice.

What??? Are you serious? I thought ANA was still giving club access and only Strings downhill.
Nope. Strings and ANA both confirmed to me via email (and there have been other posts about this, perhaps in the master thread about the ANA?) that they're no longer offering it. I agree,
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:36 am

Programs: NH-PLT/SFC, JL-JMG/JGP, SPG-PLT, HH-DIA, GP-DIA,PC/IC-P/RA,MR-GLD
IC Yokohama

IC Yokohama is also no longer offering the club lounge access. If we hope it, we have to pay 2.500yen per person. But much more reasonable than ANA Tokyo and the Strings.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 1:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
Nope. Strings and ANA both confirmed to me via email (and there have been other posts about this, perhaps in the master thread about the ANA?) that they're no longer offering it. I agree,
Ouch. ANA was a fantastic club. I guess it's simply to hit Tokyo bay.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 5:05 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Ouch. ANA was a fantastic club. I guess it's simply to hit Tokyo bay.
For how long considering the recent development?

Anyone with future bookings should have their benefits confirmed by mail before they shut them down.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by travelkid
For how long considering the recent development?

Anyone with future bookings should have their benefits confirmed by mail before they shut them down.
I'm staying shortly. Combined free night (Chase) + 2 paid nights in a base level 2 single bedded room, confirmed upgrade to king club room superior ("guaranteed non-smoking" woo hoo ) for all three nights. So not only giving club access, but also upgrade applying to free night as well. ^

Now of course I've read the hotel isn't to the same standard as the ANA or Strings, but I'll put my money where my benefits are.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 5:45 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Reward Night Treatment of RA's

To mnredfox
Any chance of adding a fourth table on PAGE #1 after the first 3 tabulations, to show which IC's give some or all (and none) of the RA benefits on reward night stays & reward nights following on from paid nights.
While we all know these days, the T+C's says no entitlement, It seems half our IC's do go the extra mile for RA's on reward nights still?

K R
Colin
Old Sep 17, 2012, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scubaccr
To mnredfox
Any chance of adding a fourth table on PAGE #1 after the first 3 tabulations, to show which IC's give some or all (and none) of the RA benefits on reward night stays & reward nights following on from paid nights.
While we all know these days, the T+C's says no entitlement, It seems half our IC's do go the extra mile for RA's on reward nights still?

K R
Colin
This is a good suggestion. In fact I've been trying to add this to first three posts, but it's pretty loose. We do have a thread titled "IC's that respect RA benefits on award stays" (or something like that), but would be nice to keep all of this info in one place. I'd be happy to compile it somehow, what do other FT-ers think?
Old Sep 17, 2012, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Experience thus far this year:

Warsaw, suite (w/o lounge access) or Club room (w/ lounge access and full dinner spread!)
Vienna, Club room (w/ lounge access)
Buenos Aires, suite (w/ lounge access)
Athens, suite (w/ lounge access)
ANA Tokyo, Club room (w/ lounge access) though this appears to have changed
Istanbul, suite (w/ lounge access and full dinner spread)
Santiago, Club room (w/ lounge access and poorest evening food offering)
Singapore, Shophouse room (w/ lounge access)
Frankfurt, executive room (w/o lounge access)

Last edited by Shareholder; Sep 18, 2012 at 2:55 pm
Old Sep 17, 2012, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Wow, this is very counter to lots of other RA's experience including me. Did you have to beg/plead to get club access?
Agree. I was there last November and they wouldn't budge on Club access unless I paid about E50 a night. Only upgrade on a BOGO deluxe room was to an Exec room. (Did get a very useful cotton wine carrier bag as the local gift.)
Old Sep 18, 2012, 8:05 am

I'd be happy to compile it somehow, what do other FT-ers think?
Having it all in one place is a GREAT idea!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.