Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2014, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by patgarrett
With Best Flex bookings is the credit card charged before arrival or at check-in?
At check out.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 4:43 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by mitpat474
My method now is to send 2-3 competing sites (a luxury i know) incase a rate changes on one or they reference it wrong etc. Depending on who replies they usually do screenshot it.
Luxury indeed, I continue to find it increasingly difficult to get a BRG competing website for high profile properties such as the UK ICs, never mind several.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 8:44 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by tangey
Luxury indeed, I continue to find it increasingly difficult to get a BRG competing website for high profile properties such as the UK ICs, never mind several.
Funnily i find it easier with ICs then for instance holiday inn , in Brighton!
Old Jul 21, 2014, 5:26 pm

Is anyone else getting an error after hitting submit? I get "Illegal hex characters in escape (%) pattern" and some other stuff. Tried in two browsers with the same result.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 5:29 pm

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
Originally Posted by itchyfeet123
Is anyone else getting an error after hitting submit? I get "Illegal hex characters in escape (%) pattern" and some other stuff. Tried in two browsers with the same result.
I worked this one out without any help from IHG, told them, but it is still a problem.

If, where you have type anything, you have used the % character it will return this error. Resubmit, but make sure you only use standard alphabetical and numerical characters, (no %'s etc) and you should be OK.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by Amyrlin
I worked this one out without any help from IHG, told them, but it is still a problem.

If, where you have type anything, you have used the % character it will return this error. Resubmit, but make sure you only use standard alphabetical and numerical characters, (no %'s etc) and you should be OK.
Magic, thanks! Now I wait and see what happens.

Also, I just noticed the wiki says 3% difference for Aus and NZ, but the T&C on IHG's website say 1.5%. Was 3% arrived at by experience or is it an error?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by mitpat474
My method now is to send 2-3 competing sites (a luxury i know) incase a rate changes on one or they reference it wrong etc.
Do you put all the sites on the same form, or do you do multiple claims?
Old Jul 22, 2014, 1:59 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by itchyfeet123
Do you put all the sites on the same form, or do you do multiple claims?
Individual forms , with a note to ref. I started doing this after verifying it was ok to do so with the BRG team, didn't want to get banned for multiple claims now did I
Old Jul 22, 2014, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by tangey
Sites are wising up. I had IC Park Lane declined last week because the cheaper rate inc breakfast whilst the rate online (£50 more) did not!
Old Jul 22, 2014, 11:15 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat AMB
Current response time is 24 hours and above. Certainly in the last few days.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 11:54 am

Made my first attempt and it was denied because the source of the difference was a service charge IHG adds. Fair enough because the room rate was the same, but it doesn't seem like a policy that is going to encourage direct bookings.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 6:04 am

thinking of booking a room (near an airport) that also includes parking for the duration of my holiday - I will stay in room for one night - but leave car for just over 6 days (they have an "up to 8 nights of parking" package).

Question is:

If I get a successful claim is my whole package "free"?

I read in the T&C that packages can be "compared" but no indication of what I'd get "free" -

Thanks for any guidance
Old Jul 23, 2014, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by barafear799
thinking of booking a room (near an airport) that also includes parking for the duration of my holiday - I will stay in room for one night - but leave car for just over 6 days (they have an "up to 8 nights of parking" package).

Question is:

If I get a successful claim is my whole package "free"?

I read in the T&C that packages can be "compared" but no indication of what I'd get "free" -

Thanks for any guidance
AFAIK, there has never been a report on this thread of someone BRG-ing a hotel+parking package, so I'd suggest this is unknown territory.

Good luck
Old Jul 23, 2014, 7:00 am

I know it's been a popular place for BRG claims, so just a heads up for those not reading other threads that IC westminster is leaving the IHG brand in Sept. Even if you get accepted for a BRG, I think you are under jeopardy on checking in to it after that time that the hotel is likely not to honour it.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 9:52 am

Has anyone ever succeeded in claiming the Venetian or the Palazzo? AFAIK they are both considered IC properties and do for example recognize status such as Ambassador or the like. Would be very keen on hearing your ideas on this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.