Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New RA rules after SPIRE

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2015, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
New RA rules after SPIRE

Royal Ambassador Criteria: Royal Ambassador status is by invitation only. To qualify for invitation to Royal Ambassador status, an Ambassador member must: During their membership year, stay at least 75 qualifying nights in any IHG® properties including InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, HUALUXE™, EVEN™ Hotels, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites and Candlewood Suites. At least 30 of these qualifying nights must be at InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts properties. The member must also stay at 3 or more different InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts properties. SCH reserves the right to change these criteria at any time and without prior notification. Existing Royal Ambassador members must meet the criteria listed within the last 365 days from the expiry date of the status. Rewards Nights do not qualify towards Royal Ambassador status/...
Old Jul 9, 2015, 7:42 pm

Programs: IC Spire Ambassador
I guess it's expected, but that sucks. Between a few vacations I have planned and my honeymoon next year I was just barely gonna hit RA at the previous terms. Now it's much more unlikely and I'll have to plan it out much more carefully.
Those extra 10 IC nights will be a bit of a pain in my wallet.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Where did you copy this from?? When I look at T&C the criteria are completely gone now. It just says "by invitation" again.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 8:09 pm

Programs: IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
Where did you copy this from??
I was just coming back to ask the same. Everything on the site looks like it's made the switch to go with the new level, I see all the new information everywhere, but for me the RA terms still state 60 nights/20 at IC
Old Jul 9, 2015, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
IHGSteve can you please confirm any changes? Last time I checked you ensured no planned changes to RA program.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 8:21 pm

Programs: QANTAS Club Silver, PC Royal Platinum Ambassador
Would not be happy if they made this change, but would be even more annoyed by the fact that my status is up for renewal at the end of August and the closest I would get is 71 nights.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by skeltonl
Would not be happy if they made this change, but would be even more annoyed by the fact that my status is up for renewal at the end of August and the closest I would get is 71 nights.
I agree. I'd be furious. I'm 1 IC night away from re-qualifying now and I really don't want to be 11 away.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 8:40 pm

Programs: IC Dia RA / Marriott LT Plat / WOH Globalist / Hilton Diamond / OZ Diamond Plus
I saw it changed too but now back to the previous one.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 10:16 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
I'm not happy with this at all.

but how i read this, and Always have "To qualify for invitation to Royal Ambassador status"

is with 60/20 or 75/30 or what it will be is that you only qualify for INVITATION.

is it correct that this does not 100% mean you WILL GET the status of Royal? they can still deny it.

correct?

PS> i'm up for renewal in April again 2016. so I have some time. but this is getting harder of course especially if reward nights will not count.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 11:16 am

Programs: IC RA, AA EXP
If they bump to 75/30, that will be the last straw for me. I spend between 60-70 nights a year in IC hotels, and I'm not looking to travel more.

Given that I mostly travel to Asia, where they removed the club benefit for RA's years ago, I might as well just hop over to Hyatt or SPG.

I would really miss my stays at the ANA in Tokyo though
Old Jul 10, 2015, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
I do not see any changes (yet?) in the T&Cs

Royal Ambassador Criteria: Royal Ambassador status is by invitation only. To qualify for invitation to Royal Ambassador status, an Ambassador member must: During their membership year, stay at least 60 qualifying nights in any IHG® properties including InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, HUALUXE™, EVEN™ Hotels, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites and Candlewood Suites. At least 20 of these qualifying nights must be at InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts properties. The member must also stay at 3 or more different InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts properties. SCH reserves the right to change these criteria at any time and without prior notification. Existing Royal Ambassador members must meet the criteria listed within the last 365 days from the expiry date of the status. Rewards Nights do not qualify towards Royal Ambassador status.
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...rms-conditions
Old Jul 10, 2015, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
SCH reserves the right to change these criteria at any time and without prior notification.

They changed it back to 60\20. (So far...)
Old Jul 10, 2015, 5:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by grompf
I mostly travel to Asia, where they removed the club benefit for RA's years ago
Not everywhere. Still get Club every time in Singapore and Manila.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 6:06 pm

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
It would be out of order for them to do this without giving any notice, pulling rug from under some people here!
Old Jul 11, 2015, 2:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nicolas75
I do not see any changes (yet?) in the T&Cs

https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...rms-conditions
It was changed momentarily. Maybe a leak from the planned move accidentally by IHG to test the water.

Or it is the typical IHG IT. They somehow manage to leak everything and anything in any given time and then revert to the original format as soon as they discover the mistake been made.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.