New RA rules after SPIRE

Old Aug 1, 2015, 3:49 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dark Blue
Thanks scubaccr. I was told I only had had 52 nights, which is wrong. Yes, a few ICs did not post stays properly (in particular, one stay split into multiple bookings such as BFR & ADV etc.) and manually corrected them.

If they don't put me back, it may be time to go. I enjoyed the RA perks a lot for several years.
The system does not pick up adjusted stays. I had the issue last year where I had at least ten nights adjusted, I called for a review and after twenty minutes the supervisor agreed to manually count them with me, with a surprised voice when we passed the magic total
Old Aug 1, 2015, 6:16 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by markis10
The system does not pick up adjusted stays. I had the issue last year where I had at least ten nights adjusted, I called for a review and after twenty minutes the supervisor agreed to manually count them with me, with a surprised voice when we passed the magic total
Gotta be third year in a row I need a manual recount to renew my RA status, used to be my adjoining IC Berlin multibooking stays on 241 deals that caused issues but this year I have 30manual nights at the one HIE where each week posted as 4x non-qual zero points and 5th night as 1qual night with 5days worth of points.
Also surprisingly IC-PLG posted by Xmas stay nights as non qual and it was not the cheap 200euro rate that in any case was qualifying in itself.

My RA expires 31st Aug , As soon as any of my August IC Budapest nights post I will get manually upped/renewed by Helpdesk personnel to RA, as after my manual count I have just 19 IC nights but easily pass on all other criteria. Alas unlike last year I will not thus get both Amb and RA Packs for 2x Bogo's

usually I have 30 IC nights by now , just spent to much time in UK outside London Jan-July 2015
Old Aug 1, 2015, 6:29 pm

Programs: IC Dia RA / Marriott LT Plat / WOH Globalist / Hilton Diamond / OZ Diamond Plus
I was renewed on 31st Jul with 62 nights total which was more than 30 nights at ICs. The 60/20 magical number still works fine yet.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 2:13 am

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by markis10
I received an email response saying their system is the most accurate, so they will not be able to refer to anything else.

I have cancelled all my IC bookings apart from the prepaid one.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 5:10 am

I received an email response saying their system is the most accurate, so they will not be able to refer to anything else.
You need to call them and if necessary ask for a supervisor.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 5:17 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by Miles Down Under
You need to call them and if necessary ask for a supervisor.
+1 just call them ask for supervisor.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 7:13 am

I had to call - twice to get the upgrade as there were adjusted stays that obviously don't show.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 7:41 am

I just had a stay at the IC at Doral MIA.I had 2 rooms,1 paid and 1 on points.The paid stay has posted as an overlapping stay,but the points and credit are ok.Do I need to change this or is it ok for RA requalification.?
Old Aug 2, 2015, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by rapidex
I just had a stay at the IC at Doral MIA.I had 2 rooms,1 paid and 1 on points.The paid stay has posted as an overlapping stay,but the points and credit are ok.Do I need to change this or is it ok for RA requalification.?
I think it is just the stays you chase for manual correction that need intervention such as BOGO stays that post as not qualifying.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
I think it is just the stays you chase for manual correction that need intervention such as BOGO stays that post as not qualifying.
OK,thanks.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 8:19 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold

I have cancelled all my IC bookings apart from the prepaid one.
Never email as you get one of the pre-emptive proforma pushback replies without recipient even reading the email, assuming they have good reading skills

Skype call to USA numbers are free , some front line Amn Helpdesk Ops are aware and will do the necessary manual count check for you, others are not aware and you have to ask for a supervisor who all seem to be very much aware of the issue regards RA requal ignoring manually adjusted nights

For awareness Supervisor will just check the 365 nights back from the day you ring up though, so I would chase asap
Old Aug 2, 2015, 10:11 am

not sure if i got brain freeze, but where does it show online the RA renewal date?
Old Aug 2, 2015, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just as an aside to this I have had far fewer issues this year with stays not posting properly. I think at most it was 1 or 2 nights that have worked out oddly but most posted perfectly.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mitpat474
not sure if i got brain freeze, but where does it show online the RA renewal date?
It shows as a transaction when RA is renewed or you get a Plat downgrade. RA renewal should post the month before membership ends.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
It shows as a transaction when RA is renewed or you get a Plat downgrade. RA renewal should post the month before membership ends.
Sorry I phrased incorrectly. I wanted to see anywhere online where it shows the expiry date 1.e 31st July 2016 etc.

Mine has renewed and I noticed guys earlier stating their expiry was until dec 2016. I wanted to see where online it shows this.

I think looking at previous screenshots it used to show under manage account, "plat royal amb" now "spire royal am" but I see nothing

Last edited by mitpat474; Aug 2, 2015 at 12:02 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.