New RA rules after SPIRE

Old Jul 17, 2015, 10:20 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Originally Posted by mitpat474
I have had that post for me on monday
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
Same here.
Nice! My next stay is next weekend.

Was there anything different when you checked in? Did any mention about the Spire? Not that it make much difference for RAs though.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 1:00 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
Same here.
Me, too. You can expect a pretty major devaluation in award charts next year. I'm guessing we'll see some IC's go up to as high as 70,000 - 80,000 points.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 2:53 am

Programs: IHG
John at Loyalty Lobby has just pointed out the fact that RA qualifying has now reverted to the old "invitation only" wording. This is becoming annoying now.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by turner32
John at Loyalty Lobby has just pointed out the fact that RA qualifying has now reverted to the old "invitation only" wording. This is becoming annoying now.
If there is going to be a change (and I don't think a change is justified) then it would make sense for it to apply after this years RA renewal. Since the renewal date isn't fixed the options IHG would have are aligning the RA year with calendar year (and extending validity where necessary for those without a December year end) or to change the criteria for each member at renewal.

It would be difficult to do this via a blanket term so moving to an interim "invitation" wording makes some sense.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
It would be difficult to do this via a blanket term so moving to an interim "invitation" wording makes some sense.
Yes if they plan to move to a calendar year program, this would make sense. I'm sure they would give us 1+ on our renewal. 2+ would be even better.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 6:16 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
Am I the only one who read the previous terms in the sense as you get to those 60 nights (20IC) that you then are eligible for possible invitation? And not even guaranteed to get it?

THen the new ones are less strict. they could invite anyone. if they wanted to.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 3:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by christravelblog
Am I the only one who read the previous terms in the sense as you get to those 60 nights (20IC) that you then are eligible for possible invitation? And not even guaranteed to get it?

THen the new ones are less strict. they could invite anyone. if they wanted to.
No, you're correct. And I like the latest version. The concept of RA being by invitation only gives it an air of exclusivity which sets it apart from other programs.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Just found out I re qualified for RA thru December 1st, 2016. Phew! Now I don't have to stress about any potential changes to the criteria for a while.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 5:48 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
Just found out I re qualified for RA thru December 1st, 2016. Phew! Now I don't have to stress about any potential changes to the criteria for a while.
Sounds like you are currently being adjusted to a Jan-Dec year inline with non Ambassador elite cycle.... and the rest of us expiring the end of any of months July/Aug/Sep/Oct/Nov/Dec will follow suit.
Wonder how they will adjust RAs renewing Jan-June 2016 maybe Jan expirirers get 2years until Dec 2018 as Dec2017 would be just 11months renewal

I did my yearly Amb Supervisor call check as the usual manually adjusted stays in last 12months which RA renewal counter always ignores, and also as I am being stuck in UK 1H2015 outside of London my IC stays took a hit. Turns out I am 1x paid qual IC Night short but I will be manually renewed as soon as I stay one more IC night and based on TTW I guess I'll get 16months RA to 31Dec216 too
Old Jul 18, 2015, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Sounds like you are currently being adjusted to a Jan-Dec year inline with non Ambassador elite cycle.... and the rest of us expiring the end of any of months July/Aug/Sep/Oct/Nov/Dec will follow suit.
Wonder how they will adjust RAs renewing Jan-June 2016 maybe Jan expirirers get 2years until Dec 2018 as Dec2017 would be just 11months renewal

I did my yearly Amb Supervisor call check as the usual manually adjusted stays in last 12months which RA renewal counter always ignores, and also as I am being stuck in UK 1H2015 outside of London my IC stays took a hit. Turns out I am 1x paid qual IC Night short but I will be manually renewed as soon as I stay one more IC night and based on TTW I guess I'll get 16months RA to 31Dec216 too
My AMB year actually ends on Nov-30, so renewal on Dec 1 would be in line with my AMB year rather than a calendar year. This could potentially change in the future though.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 6:01 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
Originally Posted by Nickolash27
No, you're correct. And I like the latest version. The concept of RA being by invitation only gives it an air of exclusivity which sets it apart from other programs.
Ok. I just enrolled some years back automatic; at that time i wasn't even really into optimizing FFP. That enrolling made me search the web what it was and got me into this :-)

Mine expires April 2016. Lets see what happens. i Always manage 30-40 IC stays, and another 60 on other hotels.

would be great if it would be extended then 2016 + 2017. then the rest of 2016 i could worry less and only requalify again in 2017.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 9:14 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Apparently I have 41 IC nights but only 9 at other IHG hotels (probably to fulfill the requirements of some stupid promo). So I guess I need 10 more nights now.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 3:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by christravelblog
Ok. I just enrolled some years back automatic; at that time i wasn't even really into optimizing FFP. That enrolling made me search the web what it was and got me into this :-)

Mine expires April 2016. Lets see what happens. i Always manage 30-40 IC stays, and another 60 on other hotels.

would be great if it would be extended then 2016 + 2017. then the rest of 2016 i could worry less and only requalify again in 2017.
Requalifying for a hotel program stand doesn't make it to the list of things I worry about.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by Nickolash27
Requalifying for a hotel program stand doesn't make it to the list of things I worry about.
Everyone is different. For someone who spends more time in hotels than at home, it is definitely is a concern.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 3:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
Everyone is different. For someone who spends more time in hotels than at home, it is definitely is a concern.
Not for me. Spending that much time in hotels means I'm never in a position of doubt about requalifying. My IHG stays are almost exclusively IC so that helps. But even if I was a less frequent traveller, hotel status achievement would fall pretty far down my list of stressors.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.