Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Air India Flying Returns - Major changes in FFP Program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air India Flying Returns - Major changes in FFP Program

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2015, 12:31 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by Keyser
wow, this is getting really frustrating....have been trying to call them for the last 3 days now with no luck....either i just get some music before the call hangs up or i just get a message saying something like 'the customer you are calling is busy on another call'....

i haven't received any email about submitting the kyc documents....does anyone know what & where i need to submit????
Old Dec 8, 2015, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by A2A
i did....don't see the link anywhere....it just says my verification status is 'pending'....
Old Dec 8, 2015, 12:37 am
A2A

Originally Posted by Keyser
i did....don't see the link anywhere....
surprising, it won't let you go through to your account without doing the KYC.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by A2A
surprising, it won't let you go through to your account without doing the KYC.
are you talking about the link where i had to upload my id & address proof????i did that last week....but the verification process still shows as 'pending'....

i finally got through to one agent on the phone right now....as luck would have it she was neither competent in hindi or english (spoke with a very strong south indian accent) & after a lot of hold time she says that someone will visit my address for a physical verification of my documents....somehow i don't think that is correct....either way, i decided to email flying returns my kyc documents so lets see if they respond....
Old Dec 8, 2015, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Mileage Plus redemptions for AI flights, NYC-DEL/BOM, on random dates in April still show up for 42.5k and 80k OW in Y and J, respectively.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:08 am

Is the new AI-FR website working for anyone (for redemption)? I am able to login and get to the booking with miles page. But when I select a route, it throws some error.

Is it related to any pending KYC formality?
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:19 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
On par with United's redemptions. (Except for the 5k in person bit...)
Originally Posted by kchitturi
Definitely not on par with UA saver awards, please note that the miles are for OW and not RT.
This:

Originally Posted by knit-in
Mileage Plus redemptions for AI flights, NYC-DEL/BOM, on random dates in April still show up for 42.5k and 80k OW in Y and J, respectively.
I only look at J or F redemptions in any case....
Old Dec 9, 2015, 2:06 am

Programs: Blasé..
Originally Posted by kshastry
Is the new AI-FR website working for anyone (for redemption)? I am able to login and get to the booking with miles page. But when I select a route, it throws some error.

Is it related to any pending KYC formality?
Yes - Until your KYC status is "VERIFIED" you would not be able to book any awards.

Just checked with AI Call Center for standard TAT for Account Verification and got an amusing response: "Sir, the standard TAT is ideally 72 hours after you upload the documents, however this is AI and I don't think I need to elaborate any further"

Absolutely hilarious!!
Old Dec 9, 2015, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by Bioflyer
Yes - Until your KYC status is "VERIFIED" you would not be able to book any awards.

Just checked with AI Call Center for standard TAT for Account Verification and got an amusing response: "Sir, the standard TAT is ideally 72 hours after you upload the documents, however this is AI and I don't think I need to elaborate any further"

Absolutely hilarious!!
This is so atrocious! They are holding us hostage for some KYC compliance? Are they a financial institution requiring to fulfill RBI norms? We can't use our own miles till these jokers decide that we are fit to do so under some bizarre rules... and taking their own little sweet time in the process

BTW, where can we check KYC status? I didn't find any link.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bioflyer
that's not as bad as being told someone would come to the house to verify the documents....no timeline was given for that as well....i was just told not to worry & that it would happen soon....
Old Dec 9, 2015, 5:34 am

Programs: Blasé..
Originally Posted by kshastry
BTW, where can we check KYC status? I didn't find any link.
After you login to your account, below the image of your card - you can see:
Card Validity Period:
Tier Level:
Verification Status: "PENDING"

@ Keyser: Personal Verification - may be a special privilege for Maharajah Members OR they must have seen your ardent support to AI out here (js kidding)

By the looks it seems this is going to be worse than 9W JP transition earlier in the year and will take weeks/months if not days to get sorted out...Flying Returns has been completely taken on a toss by AI babus without any proper planning or even of a basic courtesy of "prior information to members"

Last edited by Bioflyer; Dec 9, 2015 at 5:44 am
Old Dec 9, 2015, 6:15 am

I wonder what KYC they are going to do for members based outside India
Old Dec 9, 2015, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by wonderer9089
I wonder what KYC they are going to do for members based outside India
If you read the FAQs on AI website, the KYC is only to verify the name and address. So if you are a resident outside India, then you just need some valid document with address proof.

I think what AI really needs to say is that "Address Verification" and not really KYC. But maybe there is no standard address verification form, so they probably picked KYC.

It is quite likely that AI wants the correct address before they can send the FFP cards or the membership package.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 8:03 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
I can't even get past the "Flying Returns Account Registration" page. Every time I put in my info it says

"Duplicate information found on the following fields: First Name, Last Name and Date of Birth."

Any help please?
Old Dec 9, 2015, 10:24 am
A2A

Originally Posted by Anish
I can't even get past the "Flying Returns Account Registration" page. Every time I put in my info it says

"Duplicate information found on the following fields: First Name, Last Name and Date of Birth."

Any help please?
means call to cancel your second account

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.